Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch ... to 5K ... to 10K ... to ???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

So, seeing as last week wasn't great, I'll try again ... Hal Higdon 10k training - Take Two!!! :o

I'm off work for the next couple of months to study, and I have no distractions for the next while (unlike the past month, when I had loads of stuff on), so hopefully I can get into a proper routine now, both for exercising and for studying.

Week One - Monday - Stretch and Strength

Did a Pilates workout using this DVD. It was tough! :eek: Felt pretty good after it though.

Week One - Tuesday

2.5 mile run (well, 4k!), 28:47 minutes. I think I'm getting even slower! :o

Week One - Wednesday

50 minute swim. Can't believe it - I actually remember how to swim?! :confused: :pac:

Can't afford pool membership, so won't be able to do much swimming really, unless I get a wetsuit. Still though, it was fun. :) Really feeling it in my tummy muscles now, I'm guessing that's a good thing! :)

Catching up on the past few days! :o

Week One - Thursday

Two mile run (or slightly more, didn't bring my Garmin) and then some Pilates

Week One - Friday

Day off

Week One - Saturday

Cross training - found myself a wetsuit and went swimming, in the sea, in the rain. It was sooooo much fun!!! Need to get a wetsuit that actually fits though.

Week One - Sunday

Meant to be a 3 mile run, but ended up for various reasons not being able to do it yesterday or today.

So tomorrow, I'm going to do my 3 mile run, along with the Stretch & Strength I was meant to be doing today. And then start Week Two Day One on Wednesday.

Not ideal but what can ya do!

Yesterday did my 3 mile run. It's so hard using miles instead of km because, while I'm running, I keep expecting to have done a lot more than I actually have, if that makes any sense! :o The kilometres just tick by so much faster! 33 minutes (in or around that - I forgot to press the stop button on my Garmin!)

Also did my Pilates DVD yesterday (which I'm counting as Stretch & Strength.)

So that brings me to Week Two, Day Two of the plan. 2.5 mile run this evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement