Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog psychology?

• 02-01-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can do a good dog psychology course?

Ive checked quickly on the net and found one on nta.ie and what seems like the same course on irishtraining.ie. Not sure if the accreditation is worthwhile though so advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I just finished the diploma in canine behaviour and training through Alison Bush (APDT) of Happier Hounds Dog Training, in Co. Laois. The course is run through Compass Education in the UK. It's an excellent course and the academic standard is very high. It was tough but I learned a lot! This course starts every September. The final two modules of the course are taught at Alison's training grounds in the summer.

Dog Training Ireland in Blanchardstown in Dublin also run an excellent course in dog training which includes aspects of dog behaviour and psychology. It's expensive but good too and accredited by FETAC.

You should also look at COAPE in the UK - they have an excellent reputation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Looks good alright. Bit expensive compared to what I was expecting though. What is the actual qualification at the end? And do they only start in September as it says on the website?

Just saw your edit, Id hate to have to wait til september but cheers for the advice. Ill check out that other place u mentioned.

Advertisement