Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E5 email setup and disgraceful Meteor

Options
  • 02-01-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine recently upgraded to a Nokia E5 with 2gb internet, with the main requirement of emails (overkill I know). After 2 months, he has received zero help from the Meteor store and from Meteor themselves. I actually rang as him today, and I have to say I was shocked with the attitude of the so called Meteor rep, which was basically that it was a handset issue and as good as said "f*** off".

Has anyone got the lowdown on how he can get his email set up ?

He has been through the Wizard setup and when he enters the user/pwd for either eircom or hotmail it polls to connect but comes back out after a short space of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

In all fairness the email providers themselves have dedicated support for issues like this.

In may be a case logging into your eircom or hotmail account via the internet & enabling "Pop 3" or "Mobile Access". Or choose the support option as there is nearly always a step by step guide.

Meteor dont have access to your email account to know what your doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Meteor dont have access to your email account to know what your doing wrong.

Even still, mobile operators, such as Meteor, should provide the manual email client setup for the handsets they sell. They've done it in the past so they should still continue to do so. Granted, email setup has come a long way from the day of manual setup, what with email setup wizards, email client apps etc, but Meteor, whose customer care are known for their lacklustre approach when it comes to anything remotely unconnected to coverage, voicemail, text issues etc, should be offering more help than they clearly have in this user's situation.

OP, if your friend not able to use the email setup wizard on the handset and/or there is no email app that would facilitate an easier email account setup, then contact Meteor's customer care to contact the Tech Support department as they should be able to provide some assistance. Also, ensure that your friend has the relevant APN settings correct on their handset; customer care are able to help with this at least.

Advertisement