Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Reception

• 02-01-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i am thinking off dumping my eircom broadband and was wondering who is using those wireless plug in top up yokes and what the reception is like in corbally. Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

If its only once and a while they are grand. But there are things to be aware of

The speed is not as good and really depends on how good a 3g Signal you get

So whoever you go with pick the one with the strongest signal in your area.

Finally they impose download limits so if you get a lot of music/movies or watch lots of streaming video ie YouTube you can reach the limits and it can be pricey to go over.

There are some good packages around and in Corbally they should all have good coverage they offer a return policy if you find its crappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

i ordered a refurbished meteor stick online for €15. If you buy it in a shop you could pay twice that. €20 gets you 7GB for one month.

I don't know the price schemes for the other providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You could go with Digiweb. They will give you phone and very good speed internet through wireless. They install a receiver on the roof and as the signal is coming from Woodcock Hill it is very good in Corbally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

+1 for digiweb, moved to lmk recently for college, im near corbally,
    couldnt fault their wireless service, 8mb down 1 up, perfect for gaming ! very low ping and 0% packet loss, they dont block any "services" and you get 60gig dl limit, 39.99 a month, and free installation, and i always get full speed
    there is a phone service, but i haven't used it

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I've been with 3 for the past 3 and a half years, have a perfect signal. It was costing me 19.99 a month for 15 gb allowance, recently upgraded to 26 euro a month for 30 gb allowance. Faster than my sisters eircom bundle and cheaper too!!. Dont know about Corbally though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

All really depends on where you are, 'normal' internet such as UPC etc. would be faster for cheaper and have more of an allounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

iPwnage wrote: »
    +1 for digiweb, moved to lmk recently for college, im near corbally,
    couldnt fault their wireless service, 8mb down 1 up, perfect for gaming ! very low ping and 0% packet loss, they dont block any "services" and you get 60gig dl limit, 39.99 a month, and free installation, and i always get full speed
    there is a phone service, but i haven't used it

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro/index.html

Have this service, and would recommend it.:)

Advertisement