Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies....make up or not to make up?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 simmona

I had never heard of her until your post, but googled her and have to say that I think this is the best "natural" makeup look I've ever seen. It really does look natural, although I can kinda see her eyeshadow a little bit.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qTP4H7rcivw/TW9t0Xtp1KI/AAAAAAAAAcg/VJKMQ7u65no/s1600/Promise2.jpg

I don't wear makeup myself unless I'm going out to a nightclub/late night pub which is fairly rare. Occasionally I might put some on for just an average day if I'm in the mood to play around with it, but it wouldn't be that often.

Yes, that's why I mentioned her. From her facebook page, I found that it was totally different between in with makeup and without makeup.

I don't like makeup as you, it's not good for the skin. Something keeping moisture as soft skin will be enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Arrrghhh! Make-up is NOT necessarily bad for your skin! Why are people still trotting out this old chestnut again and again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Arrrghhh! Make-up is NOT necessarily bad for your skin! Why are people still trotting out this old chestnut again and again?

I have to agree. I wear a light powder foundation every day for work and it's never affected my skin. I think a lot of the time it just comes down to how good your skin is naturally - thanks ma, I owe you one (though I guess it's balanced out by the inherited crippling addiction to chocolate) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

simmona wrote: »
    There are no ugly women but lazy ones. You know Tamang Phan? Make-up queen!

Oooooh! Just checked out her Angelina Jolie look- that's incredible! She's a proper artist- makes me feel bad about not being able to draw an even line with my liquid eyeliner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Kiva.D you can get moisturisers with a slight bit of colour in them to "liven" the skin up like Johnson Holiday Sun I use it when I'm a bit pasty esp in this gloomy weather but dont want to put on tons on make up if I'm heading out I love using the Rimmel or Bourjois bronzers. My fave bit of make is concelers hid a multitude I hate dark circles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My skin often breaks out if I *don't* wear any make-up for a few days. I don't think make up/face washes/etc has anything to do with bad skin. It's all a big marketing ploy.

My skin has been the best it's been since I was about 10 in the past few months.. I haven't used a cleanser/toner/facewash in months. I just wash my face with water in the shower and take off eye make-up with eye make up remover wipes! Not one spot in ages, whee! Maybe I'm just finally growing up!

These days I wear a tiny bit of foundation or powder everyday. And mascara. But that's all for college. I've actually kinda got to like applying eye make up but just don't have the time! I honestly can't understand how people can be arsed piling on loads of make up for college. Especially eye make-up.

I kinda wish my eyebrows were darker. It does make I big difference when I put eye pencil on them. Might get them darkened. Not really into looking completely fake though..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I wear makeup evey day to work.I try to give my skin a breather at the weekend but I would always slap some on if meeting friends or heading into town.

I would love to be able to wear minimal makeup,but have had quite bad acne for the last year, which I think was triggered by stress of a new job. It would look really bad and unprofessional If I didn't wear foundation,as my spots at the moment are pretty bad. Damned spots!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭nowyouresix

I always put on a little eyeliner and mascara. Only if I'm going out will I put a tiny bit of light bronzer on, and that's it. Guys love the natural look ! But it's you who should like the look of yourself, so if you want to put on a full face of makeup and it makes you feel good, then why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Honestly, men don't know what they're talking about when it comes to make-up so I say ignore them. They're always moaning about how they prefer 'natural' women but their actual preferences tell a different story. Anyway my point is don't try to please men all the time. Please yourself.:) nothing wrong with make-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

shinikins wrote: »
    K
    That's quite a generalisation there Mensch. Not EVERY Irish girl wears makeup, and certainly not to the excess you've described. Maybe in the social circles you mix the girls cake themselves, but if you take this thread as any indication, then most Irish girls wear very little. Not every girl wears fake tan either, its mostly reserved for nights out for the average Irish girl, I would even say that the majority of us don't use it more than a handful of times a year, if at all.

You are dead right. For me though, a night out or hanful of times is too much. Really, compared to other Euro cities we seem a little backwards. If you go out on the continent where there's Irish a Euro girls it's like Irish girls just found their mammies make-up kit. It's the norm here. I don't mean to make generalisations but that's how it is.

Irish girls are beautiful. Show it. Don't be so LA. Stop watching British stupid T.V. and stupid LA tv like The Hills. Aw sorry, I'm dtunk. And silly. Irish girls have a lot going for them, just be natural, use a wee bit og make-up here and there and embrace your natural skin.

I don't mean to come across as a completer asshole. I'm far from perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement