Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDR photography

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It looks like it didn't process the sky behind the trees too well though when compared to the right hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

That doesn't look like there was enough dynamic range in that scene to justify a hdr? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That doesn't look like there was enough dynamic range in that scene to justify a hdr? Maybe I'm wrong.

Given the day and the scenery I think there should have been...maybe the programme didn't use all the photos I threw in? Any of the non-B&W ones it gave me were horribly overcooked.

@Effects, I was thinking that too - because I had the same problem processing the sky when I was messing around with the RAW file in Elements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

yes, but the brain is used to this effect while looking at a real scene, but not having it done already for it in a HDR pic, which is why it can look horrendous.

very good point magic, but there is a reason why the brain does this, and that is to maximise the information within the image

yes, the (modern/western) brain is unused to seeing this effect in a photograph - other brains are unused to seeing photographs at all - i think we have become accustomed to a low standard of imagery in terms of information content

painters seem to be well able to handle the differences a camera would find in a scene - although magritte_empire_of_light.jpg

is it possible we are conditioned into accepting non-hdr images as authentic and thus take offence at the appearence of an image that is not lumbered with the limitations of single exposure settings

maybe we can get used to this technology, create a new set of aesthetics for it, and develop an eye for it at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

oh, ok

Advertisement