Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions please,

Options
  • 02-01-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

The plants that I circled in the following pictures have turned to mush after the frost/snow, just wondering if best to cut off the mush down to ground level or leave alone.

Also have a tree as high as the house I want to prune and have time this week, would it be ok to cut it this time of year?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

sorry i didnt circle plants here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

They're Agapanthus.

Leave alone, frost has killed off the foliage for now - they'll regrow int he spring. In early spring you can cut away the dead leaves etc but I tend to leave them there during the winter to help protect the tubers during cold weather.

Can't help you with the tree pruning without knowing the species. But according to this. Now is a good time to prune.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Thanks for reply newbie2,
    really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Sneachta wrote: »
    sorry i didnt circle plants here ya go
    do not cut the mush. it will protect the ground growth from frost , i know it is dead as you say it got killed off by frost but leave it there until spring then when growth starts you will see the shoots coming through then about end of april clear out the mush

Advertisement