Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water pipes

• 02-01-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

i'll try and describe what i mean,her goes.in the recent thaw we had a water leak in the loft.after i ripped down some of the ceiling i found 3 pipes of which one the joint seperated.2 pipes are normal qualflex and 1 is an orangy brown colour.the one that seperated i thought was the mains feed but it isn't.what i'm trying to find out if anyone knows is this pipe is qualflex to the joint then it is copper.the copper runs up the rafters and once over the water tank is bent down pointing directly into the tank but about a foot above.would anyone know why this pipe would be there and what it is likely to be used for?
    cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

That sounds like the cylinder expansion overflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

ah that's helpful does sort of make sense even to me:)

Advertisement