Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost channels on Astra

• 02-01-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Last time I lost channels on the set-up (Silvercrest SL 65/12) for the Astra 28, good advice here said check the cable. That we did and things worked until a couple of days ago. First Euronews signal disappeared. Later, I was tuning in the radio channels, immediately after which a lot of TV channels dropped out. We've restored factory settings, scanned again several times, and replaced the cable with a new one. Oddly, we used to get over a thousand (many junk) channels, now it only finds 470. It hasn't been windy or rainy. I'm stumped again. Any brainwaves out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Are you scanning all the Astra transponders?
    Sounds like you're just scanning one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

can you check if you have channels with Vertical & horizontal Polarisation and another question did you scan free to air only?.

rgds
    Zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wilco

Yep. I changed from V to H in the menu settings and rescanned.

We also deleted all the channels and started scanning again. No Luck.

We then tried resetting factory settings and did the scans all over again,

H and V, auto scan and preset scan. All to no avail.

Still missins loads of channels, actually have less than we started with.

Any other clues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The problem I found with Silvercrest boxes is that if you mess with transponder search settings the box goes a bit haywire and deletes anything you have found and stored.Best to just do a full scan without changing any frequencies manually and sorting out the channel list afterwards. (Or buy a Freesat box)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wilco

I went into the TP Scan setting where I discovered that some of the frequencies (listed on a website to correspond with channels such as 10818 V 22000 5/6 for BBC 1 NI and BBC 2 NI ) is not listed on the unit. Can it be added manually? We used to get these channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

Individual TPs can be added, but you're better off doing an autoscan as zerks said. An autoscan will add any new TPs to the list.

But, if your not getting some of the TPs, then your dish is possibly out of alignment. Check http://www.flysat.com/28east.php to see if some of the channels you're missing are on Eurobird 28.5E (Euronews is).

Advertisement