Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installed twice?

Options
  • 02-01-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I bought this game when it first came out and I initially installed it off the disk, however a few weeks ago I installed it via steam and now only play it via steam. In my "Programs and Features" on my laptop, Football Manager 2011 appears twice, both taking up roughly 2gb of memory, is this normal or have I installed the game twice? And if I have, can I delete one of them to free up memory, yet continue playing on steam?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Hey guys, I bought this game when it first came out and I initially installed it off the disk, however a few weeks ago I installed it via steam and now only play it via steam. In my "Programs and Features" on my laptop, Football Manager 2011 appears twice, both taking up roughly 2gb of memory, is this normal or have I installed the game twice? And if I have, can I delete one of them to free up memory, yet continue playing on steam?

Thanks in advance!

Fairly sure if you delete one of them and it does delete the game your progress will still be saved on steam so if you re-install the game again itll still have your progress there when you go to play again. Not 100% sure tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Im not too sure does steam save the games unless its supported by Steamcloud. (I think)

So if you are going to delete one I would just back up your save files and tactics etc to be on the safe side.

Advertisement