Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Very entertaining report Claralara and a hearty well done on your performance :) Onwards and upwards as they say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Just read the report there clara - great reading and well done. Really encapsulated the comraderie runners have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Just finished reading you report. Sounds like you had a brilliant run and really enjoyed yourself. You definitely cant ask for more than that.

Well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

CRAP!!! Just in the airport and went to enter the Cork Half in June and it's bloody full... RAGE! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »
    CRAP!!! Just in the airport and went to enter the Cork Half in June and it's bloody full... RAGE! :mad:

Sounds like you'll have to do the full so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    Sounds like you'll have to do the full so.

I'm in total agreement here.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Do they do marathons in halves?
    What will they think of next:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Do they do marathons in halves?
    What will they think of next:d

Someone is bound to invent a mini marathon eventually....

***looks through drawer to find tin opener for can of worms***:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Aimman wrote: »
    Someone is bound to invent a mini marathon eventually....

***looks through drawer to find tin opener for can of worms***:p

*popcorn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

i have a solution. You could round up some friends and enter a team in the relay.

They could then compare the size of their medals with Meno later that night? Meno would have to bring the white suit for the dancing though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Congrats and well done missus! Great race and great report.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

chinguetti wrote: »
    i have a solution. You could round up some friends and enter a team in the relay.

Not likely....Liz has told them all about Monsieur Ultra....;)

Someone want to start handing out the disprin?! ;)

A long long time ago in a land far far away, claralara met an ugly ogre – sorry wrong story!

A long long time ago in a land far far away, claralara ran, completed and enjoyed a 26.2 mile run. The medal which she received gained her, along with great admiration, the elusive title of ‘marathon runner’ and people believed momentarily that she was capable of achieving greatness. In the intervening period between ‘a long long time ago’ and the present however, claralara found the time to reacquaint herself with heart attack causing food, le pinot noir et le pinot grigot and the fine art of mid afternoon siesta’ing, which behaviour, if left unattended could signal the end of what could be a beautiful career… To be continued…

I don’t know about you lot, but I’m interested to see what takes this loose cannon’s fancy next…:rolleyes:

I might as well document the recovery week seeing as the entire training schedule was documented to within an inch of its life!
    Monday 11th, Tuesday 12th, Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th
    - Rest & Wine, Wine & Rest, Wine, Rest… interesting common theme.

Friday 15th April
    - 5.5miles – Av Pace 9.45 (ish)
    I was dying to see how the legs would hold up and or whether I’d ever want to run again. I was away so it was a perfect excuse to get out and about for a bit of an adventure. Had only planned 3miles but was enjoying it so much that I kept avoiding the streets that would take me back to the hotel. Found Aimman’s park on the boundary of the main square of Krakow and ran around that and up to the castle and then into the square looking like a right toolbox. But hey, I was just a tourist who opted for the drifits instead of the fanny pack!! Everything felt good, no niggles and no pain in the right hip which had been an issue in Connemara. No speed in the legs at all but schmah!

Saturday 16th April
    - 4.5miles – Av Pace 9.35 (ish)
    Another gorgeous day in Krakow. Took myself down to the river and ran along the bank. There’s a flat path that goes on for miles and the weather and atmosphere around was just lovely!! The legs were still quite tired but I was just happy that they were moving!

Sunday 17th April
    - Dare I call it cross training…hiking from coffee shop to coffee shop to ice cream parlour with a little bit of shopping and sight seeing thrown in… Yes, I’m calling it cross training!

Monday 18th April
    - A wonderful 5 miles before work at nothing more than a comfortable pace (no watch).

Anyway, it appears world order has been restored – children and dogs are cute again, bicycles are a form of transport, tram lines are not a conspiracy, cobblestones add character, and kerbs are not ankle breaking devices. I’m still not sure about roller-bladers though…they’re interesting folk! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nice running there, sounds like you are well and truly back into the swing of things again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wow, Conn didn't take anything out of you :eek: That's great! I was waddling around after DCM and couldn't run for 6 weeks :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good stuff :) Onwards and upwards!

RubyK wrote: »
    Wow, Conn didn't take anything out of you :eek: That's great! I was waddling around after DCM and couldn't run for 6 weeks :o

Word is, someone has a picture of her cycling somewhere around mile 15 with Meno on the crossbar and Aimman on the carrier!;)

RubyK wrote: »

I imagine the more likely cause of my good recovery was perhaps not pushing hard enough and having too much fun en route…:o

Going to have to think about what’s next but I’ll definitely have to up the efforts. I’m really just cruising along having the craic!:confused:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Nice running there, sounds like you are well and truly back into the swing of things again. :)

I heard you were doing some very good fancy pants running at the weekend too...trying to steal my star pupil spot…I’ll have to get back on the wagon! Nice one though…I’m a wee bit jealous of your training! :)

mrslow wrote: »
    Word is, someone has a picture of her cycling somewhere around mile 15 with Meno on the crossbar and Aimman on the carrier!;)

I misread that and thought you were insisting that I had been in the carrier basket… I should have known you’d never make such a faux pas as to the ability of my cake eating self to fit in such a mobile contraption!

• Advertisement

Enough with Connemara, whats next? You need to have a few target races before October so you can get some medals and t-shirts.

I misread that and thought you were insisting that I had been in the carrier basket… I should have known you’d never make such a faux pas as to the ability of my cake eating self to fit in such a mobile contraption!

You said it!
    Enough with Connemara, whats next? You need to have a few target races before October so you can get some medals and t-shirts.

Just make sure to tick the XL box for the tshirts, apparently marathon training hunger is still very much with our Claralara.

What's next? She's moving into the realms of trying to get from A to B by running and cycling, watch this space as us mere single discipline athletes become redundant to the warrior princess. (From her Tshirt)

Did a dualthon there last year, great fun and will be doing at least one this year.

Must remember to check behind me going down the Kyber on my bike for fast lady with the XL t-shirt:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

A long long time ago in a land far far away, claralara met an ugly ogre

Mallow wasn't that far.......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I imagine the more likely cause of my good recovery was perhaps not pushing hard enough and having too much fun en route…:o

Hell no, you can't run a sub 4.30 in Conn without pushing hard :eek: You put in mighty training, and it paid off. I'm delighted you have no ill effects ;) and are back out there!

mrslow wrote: »
    Just make sure to tick the XL box for the tshirts, apparently marathon training hunger is still very much with our Claralara.

Yes. I like cake. So shoot me! How many miles have you run this year my friend? Less than me I understand..! Overtaking me next week does not matter for the purposes of this discussion right here, right now! :cool:
    Did a dualthon there last year, great fun and will be doing at least one this year.

Must remember to check behind me going down the Kyber on my bike for fast lady with the XL t-shirt:D

I will certainly not be behind you. You, young man, are a hazard to the cycling community. The bane of their existence one might say. Only out to get in the way and mouth off…back to anger management classes for you to deal with the hate me thinks! :pac:

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Mallow wasn't that far.......;)

But Connemara and its own ugly ogres was…;)

Yes. I like cake. So shoot me! How many miles have you run this year my friend? Less than me I understand..! Overtaking me next week does not matter for the purposes of this discussion right here, right now! :cool:

Not next week, in about 3 days!!!:pac:

Ok folks, I’ve had my calendar out trying to see what sort of trouble I’ve walked myself into!! My current 10k pb is 52.53 from last November and I would love to get that sub 50… I know it’s a lot but Dunshaughlin in June looks attractive. It ain’t gonna be easy but it can’t all be fun and games now can it?!! :confused:

April: I have nothing major planned – I just want to dust off the bike and see if what they say is true about never forgetting…I’d have my reservations about the validity of that statement!! And I’m just going to keep ticking away at the running mileage. I want to put in a bit of speedwork and keep a medium long run at the weekends.

May 4th – Beginners Duathlon I – I’ll have to root out my times from the couple I did last year to see what to plan for / expect.
    May 15th – Kildare Half Marathon – this was my first half when I did it last year and I enjoyed it so much I just want to do it again for the craic. Current Half pb is 1.58.49 so it’d be nice to beat that. Though what I’ll be able for in 4 weeks is another thing.
    May 28th – Donore 5k – just to see…

June 1st – Beginners Duathlon II – beat the previous time.
    June 6th – nothing yet but if there are one or two people up for a laugh, I’d consider entering a relay team in Cork… we shall see!
    June 25th – Dunshaughlin 10k – goal race… Hmmm...

And then into DCM training incl the race series… I think I’ve seriously lost my mind! I cannot and will not mention this around friends or family for the foreseeable future..

And as usual my rubber elbow and I will always be open to other fun and interesting suggestions. :pac:

So although there’s some random stuff pencilled in over the next 2 months, I think what I’m saying is I fancy myself having a crack at this sub 50 club 9 weeks from Saturday. Now I just have to go and find a program to follow to help me get there! A turbo powered program perhaps... :eek::D

• Advertisement

God, seeing that in writing has put the frighteners on. That is a really lofty goal!! :eek:

Advertisement