Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

claralara wrote: »
    June 6th – nothing yet but if there are one or two people up for a laugh, I’d consider entering a relay team in
    If I don't end up on RQ's team I'd totally be up for this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

God, seeing that in writing has put the frighteners on. That is a really lofty goal!! :eek:

Which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

June 6th – nothing yet but if there are one or two people up for a laugh, I’d consider entering a relay team in Cork… we shall see!

If you're stuck, there is a 10k in Cork too...

Hopefully you are up for the post Donore 5k Coronas on May 28th? There is gonna be a good crowd of us doing that one.

Good move on doing a bit of speed training from now until the end of June. That is ideal before entering another marathon training programme. I am hoping to get back to doing regular track sessions on a tuesday again (though i did one yesterday :o), I know Aimman is interested too and Maybe RK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

mrslow wrote: »
    Which one?

The ultimo one...Dunshaughlin!

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you're stuck, there is a 10k in Cork too...

Hopefully you are up for the post Donore 5k Coronas on May 28th? There is gonna be a good crowd of us doing that one.

Good move on doing a bit of speed training from now until the end of June. That is ideal before entering another marathon training programme. I am hoping to get back to doing regular track sessions on a tuesday again (though i did one yesterday :o), I know Aimman is interested too and Maybe RK?

Didn't know about a 10k...interesting...

Yes to Coronas!

And yes to speedwork...I am so lazy with the speed stuff! Bold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jabus, no grass growing under those Connemara feet :).

See you in Kildare...albeit about 15 mins after you finish. I'll give you my drinks order before we start so you can have one waiting for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Thank you for the 'young man' bit. :D

Dunshaughlin 10k is a great course for a sub 50 attempt and you should go for it as after a bit of speed training, you'll be flying. It will put you in great form for a good time in Dublin marathon later in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

June 6th – nothing yet but if there are one or two people up for a laugh, I’d consider entering a relay team in

No matter what, you should come down to Cork for the road trip...You were great fun in Mallow :eek:........Wear your Conn medal and I'm sure you'll get lucky:D

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Wear your Conn medal and I'm sure you'll get lucky:D

I dunno dude, all that cake won't help.;)

Wear your Conn medal and I'm sure you'll get lucky:D
    mrslow wrote: »
    I dunno dude, all that cake won't help.;)

Well, I haven't seen her for a few weeks but I reckon she'll be baytin them off with a big stick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

May 15th – Kildare Half Marathon – this was my first half when I did it last year and I enjoyed it so much I just want to do it again for the craic. Current Half pb is 1.58.49 so it’d be nice to beat that. Though what I’ll be able for in 4 weeks is another thing.

See you at the start line, C-L. With the big run behind you, you'll find this half a stroll in the park. Easier even than the first half of the Conn run...but you know that, if you did it last year.

Hope it's a little cooler than today, though:eek:

Well, I haven't seen her for a few weeks but I reckon she'll be baytin them off with a big stick ;)

If only I had one of these - http://www.thestick.com/, would serve many a useful purpose!

brownian wrote: »
    See you at the start line, C-L. With the big run behind you, you'll find this half a stroll in the park. Easier even than the first half of the Conn run...but you know that, if you did it last year.

Hope it's a little cooler than today, though:eek:

It was a lovely run last year, I really enjoyed it…despite my bandy ankle and then having to take 5 weeks off having damaged it even more…oh well, someday I’ll learn! It was on at midday last year and an absolute scorcher but I think it’s earlier this time? Plenty of P20 anyway to avoid the one-sided tomato look I went home with last year..:)

Tuesday 19th April
    - 6.4 miles
    I wasn’t feeling the love for this one at all! I was hot and bothered in winter running gear because I’m between homes at the minute and not at all organised! The Garmin was completely misbehaving and wouldn’t pick up a signal in the new high rise metropolis I’ve found myself living in... My legs were tired and heavy and just didn’t feel like my own. Headed out towards Sandymount along the coast and even though I wanted to turn home I kept forcing another few steps. I got as far as Blackrock and stopped in the park for a bit of a stretch to see if it would help. It didn’t really. I really considered just walking home but that would have taken aaaagges and I had a hot date with the couch to get back to. The Garmin copped on after a while and the pace for the latter miles of the run was 9.09, 9.02, 9.11, 9.27. Was glad to have it done but twas all a bit meh!

Decided to take yesterday off and try force a bit of life back into them by drowning my sorrows in a bottle of red wine and stomping around in 5 inch heels that give the illusion that I’m a 6ft tall athlete capable of running a sub50 10k…I’m not!! How in God’s name I think I’m going to be able for 6 8-minute miles on these stumps is beyond me… Maybe it is time to step away from the cake.. :o

I think I’ll have another rest day today and try again tomorrow… I might as well enjoy the break until the dreaded hard work starts next week! :eek:

Are you going to be following any particular 10k Plan?
    I was told by Mithril in UCD last week that I would be best served doing more speedwork through June and then a 12 week plan for Berlin. I am therefore going to switch from 5k to 10k trianing for 4 weeks after the donore 5k and target the Dunshaughlin 10k as well. I wouldn't want to miss Digger in those pink socks :pac:

There's a few of us heading to UCD this tuesday though we are doing different workouts. I think mine is 12 x 200m sprints :o while Aimman and Brain are going to do 400's. Hopefully RK will come along too.

By the way I reckong you'll easily smash 50 in Dunshaughlin, you were pretty speedy in the track last time you went, you just need more consistent speedwork.

I will be following a plan, I’m just not sure which one yet…Found one on runner’s world when I had a quick look but I haven’t looked into it properly yet. I really don’t have a bog what I should be at!

I’ll head over to UCD on Tuesday and do some sort of something workout with yee anyway – try and get a bit of a feel for where I’m at. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

My aim is a sub 50 in Dunshaughlin too. Great minds...... ;)

If you need to step away from the cake, I need to step away from the tube of After Eight sticks. I'm totally addicted.

Awh man! I can’t compete against you. You’re fast! Boo :(

If I were you, I'd do something based between the HH Intermediate
    and advanced programmes. Maybe keep the LSR's at 10+ miles though so that you can slip into marathon training afterwards.

Also check out this thread by Shels:

Awh man! I can’t compete against you. You’re fast! Boo :(

Don't be so sure. It will be a few weeks post Cork, so who knows what kind of tired shape I'll be in! (and how many more after eights I eat!) :o

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Don't be so sure. It will be a few weeks post Cork, so who knows what kind of tired shape I'll be in! (and how many more after eights I eat!) :o

How's about the winner between you two for once and for always gets Digger's Banana :pac:

If I keep eating and drinking the way I have been, the only shape I'll be in, is a round one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

How's about the winner between you two for once and for always gets Digger's Banana :pac:

the winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's a few of us heading to UCD this tuesday though we are doing different workouts. I think mine is 12 x 200m sprints :o while Aimman and Brain are going to do 400's. Hopefully RK will come along too.

If intervals come up on the schedule for next week, I'll be there. :cool:

RayCun wrote: »
    the winner?

too right, Ray! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

drowning my sorrows in a bottle of red wine and stomping around in 5 inch heels that give the illusion that I’m a 6ft tall athlete

Massive respect for 6ft women, people look up to you. :p

I wont be able to make it this Tuesday. I'll have to do my speed work off site. But I'll be there the week after.

RayCun wrote: »
    the winner?
    jcsmum wrote: »
    too right, Ray! :cool:

Jeez...You try to do a good deed and you're lambasted for it....Bet you didn't tell them about my Milkshake jcsmum :D;)

If only I had one of these - http://www.thestick.com/, would serve many a useful purpose!

Hmmm.....Funny eh ;)

Friday 22nd April
    - 10miles – Av Pace 9.53
    I really only did this as a favour for an old friend… Digdig was worried about being shown up during the monster session the other boys had planned for the afternoon so I allowed him use me as an excuse to bail out of that and come along for an easy run with me. That, plus I had some toasting to JC to take care of on Friday evening so wouldn’t have made the 3 o’clock. It was a lovely run but by about 8miles I was pretty hot and bothered at and my legs were getting tired and heavy. So despite planning 12 I decided I was going to bail at 10. Longest run since Conn and clearly still had the remnants in my legs, so just happy to have gotten out. And I got my charity work in for the day too!:D

Saturday 23rd April

Sunday 24th April
    - 18.33miles – Av Pace 6.30 (or something…)
    I was on 2 wheels so the virtual high fives can be left aside! Met up with mrslow, spagbol, digdig, brianderunner and the vaggabond to watch them suffer some pain while I enjoyed a leisurely cycle…a very leisurely cycle! I wanted to see how the legs would react to the bike – it’s been a while. And I stupidly decided I would be duathlon-fit by next Wednesday somewhere along the line…hmmm. I have to admit, I was very proud of all of them for a really great run. The ‘my stick is bigger than your’s’ antics back in the car park were just childish…boys!!

Monday 25th April

Hoping to get out to UCD this evening after work and see how a track session goes. I’m not overly optimistic though. We shall see.

The last 2 weeks have been a lot of fun but a bit of a pi5s-take so it’s time to step away from the bar and get back into it. Gonna pick the brains of the gurus this evening and put some plan together. Suppose I should rename the log… If only I was witty and intelligent!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I really only did this as a favour for an old friend… :D

That's just nasty:D
    The ‘my stick is bigger than your’s’ antics back in the car park were just childish…boys!!

His may be longer but mine is stiffer and more effective! ;)

Advertisement