Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    I really only did this as a favour for an old friend… Digdig, but he had me pretty hot and bothered

You're only human....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I really only did this as a favour for an old friend… Digdig. It was a lovely run but by about 8miles I was pretty hot and bothered and Digdig was looking tired and heavy. Perhaps pink socks will be slimming

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

How many more different vehicles are we going to see you in the next few weeks? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

What was it this evening? We had the pre Conn vehicle, the gas gluzzer on Sunday, a bike :eek: as well. Must be a huge garage

I wonder do the Lara clan have a Lada?:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    What was it this evening? We had the pre Conn vehicle, the gas gluzzer on Sunday, a bike :eek: as well. Must be a huge garage

I wonder do the Lara clan have a Lada?:D

It was the white mini convertible. That's a typical recreational Vehicle for the young Foxrock 'ladies' I hear ;)

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    It was the white mini convertible. That's a typical recreational Vehicle for the young Foxrock 'ladies' I hear ;)

Do ya think she's a mechanic? Must be how she has a different vehicle every time she turns up. Surely no one has a garage that big:eek:

Do ya think she's a mechanic? Must be how she has a different vehicle every time she turns up. Surely no one has a garage that big:eek:

She could be tappin someone with a few bob!:D

Do ya think she's a mechanic?

I've never seen a mechanic wearing that much make-up :p

Mr S, i doubt she buying dodgy cars, the hummer on Sunday looked in good nick.

Meno, the make up could be just a front. There's no flies on this girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I really need to sort out the internet in the new place – you lot are having far too much fun in my absence and at my expense! That plus I wont be able to get the house warming invitations out to you in time… :rolleyes:

Tuesday 26th April
    A lovely 3 mile walk which was much needed after a hectic day in work which caused me to miss the session in UCD…I was not a happy bunny!

Wednesday 27th April
    - 6.38miles – Av Pace 9.01
    Had woken up with a cramp in my left calf in the middle of the night so I wasn’t sure how this early run would go. The plan was to try and go a little bit faster than comfortable just to see where I was at. Did 5miles under the 9min pace with the fastest being 8.26. I was pretty pooped but not quite at death’s door. A very handy 1.3miles cool down at 9.40ish. The cramping calves are clearly a result of the fact that my foam roller has been in the back of the car since I moved…oops! I’ll get it out tonight.:eek:

Despite being pretty busy in work this week, I had a lot of hanging around to do yesterday out of the office so I sat down with a diary, a variety of 10k training plans and Meno’s pace printout (which he kindly provided on Tuesday night even though I stood them up at the track!)…and I have now planned every mile and minute of the next 8 weeks to within an inch of my short life! It looks like it’s going to be pret-ty tough going… So I’m going to do the wise thing and just enjoy the weekend. Starting from last night..;)

• Advertisement

That plus I wont be able to get the house warming invitations out to you in time… :rolleyes:

That'll happen! :rolleyes:

mrslow wrote: »
    That'll happen! :rolleyes:

It will! I was thinking maybe Sunday 5th June...everyone will have the Monday off work so we could have an enormous party with lots of people and food and drink and fun...it'll be great! I really really hope you can all make it. And trash the place! :rolleyes::D

It will! I was thinking maybe Sunday 5th June...everyone will have the Monday off work so we could have an enormous party with lots of people and food and drink and fun...it'll be great! I really really hope you can all make it. And trash the place! :rolleyes::D

That's a pity, we'll all be in Cork, having fun without you and at your expense :D

That's a pity, we'll all be in Cork, having fun without you and at your expense :D

Oh darn...:pac:

Anyone think they're smart enough to come up with a name for our relay team in Cork?? :D

Anyone think they're smart enough to come up with a name for our relay team in Cork?? :D

You and who?

You and who?

RK, shaz, vaggabond and racheljev... I think?! RK to confirm!

RK, shaz, vaggabond and racheljev... I think?! RK to confirm!

Bulmer's Berry Babes! vaggabond will love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Bulmer's Berry Babes! vaggabond will love it!
    Im just thrilled you called me a babe, I think thats a first :pac:

Boards Babes +1 (sorry vagga)

• Advertisement

Vaggababes - t-shirts too perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Claralara
    (+ staff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Harry? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

whats the distance for the cork relay? Clara croft and the fantastic 4?

Vaggababes - t-shirts too perhaps?

+1 ;)

Im just thrilled you called me a babe, I think thats a first :pac:

Glad to be of service! :D

Could we perhaps start a poll to close at 2pm this afternoon?!

I have a couple of runs to log but I’m off now for a coffee and to catch the wedding, don’t want to miss the bride!! :D

Thursday 28th April 29
    - 6miles – Av Pace 9.20 (ish)
    Headed out for one of my last ‘I’m not training for anything, I’m just enjoying post marathon running’ runs after work yesterday evening. Was enjoying a lovely run along the coast in the evening sun when I met none other than my number one stalker out for a 20miler, which took him well out of his comfort zone to witness how the other half lives. Finished my 6 miles and sent him off with 7 more to do. Not envious in the slightest! Enjoyable run, nice weather and comfortable pace.

Friday 29th April 29
    - c.5miles – c.48mins (no garmin)
    Again, enjoying my last few days of freedom – just fancied stretching the legs before work this morning. I’ve a strange feeling in my left heel which is bothering me but I’m putting it down to the cramping left calf which I’ll sort out with some foam rolling and stretching over the weekend. Ran about 2.5 miles on grass which I’m not particularly fond of but seeing as I was just faffing along and not worried about pace, it was grand.

I’m just enjoying post marathon running’ runs after work yesterday evening. Was enjoying a lovely run along the coast in the evening sun when I met none other than my number one stalker out for a 20miler.

The other 14 of his miles were tearing around your haunts looking for you, then he 'bumped into' you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

You sound like you're having a fine time - not at all the angst-ridden fear-fest that that is pre-marathon running. Enjoy...then enjoy the return of the buzz!:)

Advertisement