Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ladytri

One word... phenomenal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have you done your 20 mile recovery run yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Unreal running CL. You have come a long way since the oylegate half last summer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Wow...this is starting to sound like a broken record - congrats once again for an amazing race and amazing improvement. You really do blow the mind with how far you seem to have come. 7:04 pace for 13 miles? Can you believe it? Amazing! Well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Absolutely fantastic, you are brilliant. Great report as usual and amazing race. Good luck with Berlin training, it'll be a doddle! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Put me down for what i said the last time you knocked out a PB and the time before that and before...... Ah look, you get the message. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

claralara wrote: »
    I waited a few minutes until she got comfortable, and until I knew I could really put the foot down to pass her properly and put a decent distance between us. Sure as planned, she wasn't expecting it and couldn't hold on.

A racing shark :pac:
    Well done, that was great running. You should start throwing your times up here too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Ah look, I've a pain in my Fanny (as Dory would say ;)) posting ''well done'' and ''amazing run'' etc up on this log....

Ray, can you set my profile up to automatically post here every 2 weeks with the phrase ''Another great PB, fantastic performance'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Another great run CL, well done and good luck with the Berlin training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done again CL. What distance are you targeting for London?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Chuffed for you, well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Great report and once again... fantastic running! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Wow just wow. There is no stopping you cl. Fantastic and well deserved missus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

:eek: You are my idol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Great work - as always :)

I guess the key thing clearly is the ample motivation to get out running night after night, to get away from Mr Burns at home moaning about the good old days and what he did during the war :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Hello magazine called again.... they are offering a lot more money for the exclusive pictures of you at home in your new pad. Apparently with the recent surge in popularity of running you'd be the perfect magazine coversmile.gif Supermodel and running Godess all in one, doesn't get any better.

Well done on the super PB yet again, you're made of very strong stuff, fantastic performance in spite of illness

Great work - as always :)

I guess the key thing clearly is the ample motivation to get out running night after night, to get away from Mr Burns at home moaning about the good old days and what he did during the war :)

Here you... You're not too big for a kick in the bollix ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Wow - top 10 finish. Congrats.

Marthastew wrote: »
    Hello magazine called again.... they are offering a lot more money for the exclusive pictures of you at home in your new pad. Apparently with the recent surge in popularity of running you'd be the perfect magazine coversmile.gif Supermodel and running Godess all in one, doesn't get any better.

Well done on the super PB yet again, you're made of very strong stuff, fantastic performance in spite of illness

You may be mixed up here again here MS, I think the magazine is called ''Howiya'' and has it's world headquarters in Monasterevin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

This was the first race I've run where I've consciously thought about passing people in order to gain places in results.

This is probably the most significant part of your run on sunday. Well done, it takes courage to step up to the plate and take people on in races and not just run against a clock that wont fight back.
    Another epic write up, your race reports are like prog rock. If Emerson Lake & Palmer did running............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwTAXVcK1JA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nicely done CL. Sub-3:15 or bust in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I agree with this, I ran 1:33:36 in Sept's series half and 3:29 while ill in Oct's marathon. You have a full rotation to go through and would be selling yourself short by going for sub 3:30.

Well done on the pb! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thanks for all the good wishes guys! I still can't really believe it. Totally delighted. And just raring to get stuck into proper training and seeing where it takes me!

@ DoryDory - no I absolutely cannot believe it. Compare with this post (
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74481783&postcount=1240) which is the last Half Marathon I ran back in September…scary stuff...

Monday 14th May
    I took the rest day in the end. It was an ' easy jog if you feel like it' day and by the time I got home from work I didn't feel like it. So I sat down and ate instead. No harm in giving the body a bit of a break after Sunday.

Tuesday 15th May
    5 @ 9:14

First planned run in yonks! Plan was 5 recovery at 9:15 - slower if desired/necessary, but no faster. I went down to the club session but just trotted around the park on my todge. It was an effort to keep the pace down which was nice. Legs a wee bit DOMSy - could feel the tenderness in the calves, quads and hammies, but in a good way. Apart from the muscle tenderness, they felt good - not fatigued or injured or owt thank god :)

Wednesday 16th May
    5 @ 9.13

The plan for yesterday was the same again and it felt good. Again, it was a conscious and disciplined effort to keep the pace down. Was delighted to have the opportunity not to take the stinky bus! :) I ran out of town to my mum's surprise 60th birthday dinner and then missed the 'SURPRISE!!' as I was in the shower…whoops. Rounded off my day with a delicious feed, and seconds, and white wine, and birthday cake, and white wine, and mars bar squares, and white wine… am I taking the p*ss with my recovery week…?! ;-/

The plan for today was to be a light club session but in the face of prior engagements, I am going to take the opportunity to run home fartlek-style.

Heading to Liverpool in the morning so the LSR will be around the beautiful streets of scouse land. We'll be running laps of Anfield if Digdig has anything to do with it. Total snorefest…. ;)

Then there'll be a handy recovery on Saturday morning before heading down to London for big game. Absolutely cannot wait - it's gonna be awesome! :D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I agree with this, I ran 1:33:36 in Sept's series half and 3:29 while ill in Oct's marathon. You have a full rotation to go through and would be selling yourself short by going for sub 3:30.

Well done on the pb! ;)

Goal time will be assessed and amended as required and appropriate on an ongoing basis… ;)

RayCun wrote: »
    A racing shark :pac:
    Well done, that was great running. You should start throwing your times up here too...

That looks awfully confusing for a simple chick like me Raymond.. Care to do the honours?! I would, without a shadow of a doubt, end up blowing up the entire A/R/T forum*.

*To those smutty minds among us - keep it to yourself!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Jaysus, just this once - once they're in you should be able to update the entries on your phone.
    What are your PBs this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Thanks for all the good wishes guys! I still can't really believe it. Totally delighted. And just raring to get stuck into proper training and seeing where it takes me!

@ DoryDory - no I absolutely cannot believe it. Compare with this post (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74481783&postcount=1240) which is the last Half Marathon I ran back in September…scary stuff...

So in 8 months time, you've dropped your half marathon time by almost 30 minutes - almost 2 minutes per mile faster! In 8 months! I'm in even more awe than ever. Your potential (I have no idea of your age, but based on a few remarks I assume you are in your 20s?) is infinite at this moment. And it will be interesting to see at what distance you shine the most. Which distance, or should I say, which pain do you enjoy the most? (Let's face it....they do hurt differently!!) ;)

Ok then, just this once, I'll do your research for you... tutting lazy mods!! :pac:

Distance | Previous PB | 2012 PB | Event
    1 mile | 6.37 | N/A | Goal Mile 25 December 2011
    5k | 24:18 | 19:57| Le Cheile Leixlip 5K 5 May 2012
    10K | 54:03 | 42:32 | K-Club 10K 21 April 2012
    5 miles | 42:21 | 34:47 | Raheny 5 29 January 2012
    10 miles | 1:29.08 | N/A | Dublin Race Series 21 August 2010 :o
    13.1 miles | 1:59.49 | 1:33.35 |Kildare Half Marathon 13 May 2012
    26.2 miles | 3:53.30 | 3:51.19 |Final 26.2 miles Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012
    50K | N/A | 4.37:22 | Donadea 50K 18 February 2012
    39.3 miles | N/A | 5:48.10 | Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    So in 8 months time, you've dropped your half marathon time by almost 30 minutes - almost 2 minutes per mile faster! In 8 months! I'm in even more awe than ever. Your potential (I have no idea of your age, but based on a few remarks I assume you are in your 20s?) is infinite at this moment. And it will be interesting to see at what distance you shine the most. Which distance, or should I say, which pain do you enjoy the most? (Let's face it....they do hurt differently!!) ;)

Safe assumption - I am the ripe old age of 27 years and 41 days.

And I'm as intrigued as you are… :confused::eek: I have no expectations and no points of reference or comparison - it's just one big adventure! :rolleyes::)

Yes, the pain is certainly different. But the pain is certainly there - judging by the heap of horrendous photos that are appearing after recent races! I'm mildly tempted to put up the link from Sunday but I'm also terriblly embarrassed as to the absolute hack of me in them. Translation: I look like a wrecked hag who is dying inside and about to cry hard earned tears of blood, and I'm not quire sure whether I dislike any of you enough to expose you to same!

Advertisement