Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Tuesday 21st August (14 miles steady)
    14.2 @ 8:22
    Yuck!!
    I managed to keep a steady pace although there were quite a few rolling hills. Started to get hungry around the 8.5mile mark. Was feeling quite tired come 10 miles and the last 4 miles were just a pain in the a*s really :) I can't really explain how I felt - wasn't completely fooked but I had definitely emptied the tank by the time I finished. It was a strange run/feeling - HR and breathing were fine (i.e. as they should have been for an easy run). And I didn't feel like I was really pushing it at all. But yet the body was pooped. I was absolutely famished and so thirsty by the time I got in in the door! Drank a litre of water and half a can of 7up before I could basically function! (I never drink fizzy drinks sans alcohol!) I then put the contents of the fridge between two slices of bread and inhaled it! And I pretty much haven't stopped eating since. Don't know what's going on with me the appetite at the minute.

Anyway I think it was a good character building run to get through. And it was probably due, given the tough week last week. The intention was to 'front load' (;)) this week and take it handy for the rest of it so I wasn't overly worried about feeling so wrecked. Just hope I recover well!!

Wednesday 22nd August (4-6 miles recovery)
    4.3 @ 9:36
    Did this by the disciplined book and just took it so handy. Didn't bother trying to up it to 6 miles even though I could easily have. Am trying not to be a mileage whore this week and keep my eye on the goal instead. By 4.3 miles I was passing home and the recovery run had satisfied its purpose - legs nice and loose and feeling good and comfortable so I sensibly called it a day. Refreshing!

Thursday 23rd August (6 miles easy) (incl 4 @PMP - optional)
    6.1 @ 8:50
    Had a good think about this last night and decided that I wouldn't do the 4 hard miles. I would have been happy to do a one or two faster miles but I was worried that 4 would feck up Sunday on me. So after a quick check-in with the powers-that-be for a free pass, the plan was amended a simple 6 easy. It was a lovely morning for an early run and I probably could have thrown in a few fast miles had I had to... But sense maintained the plan - it would have been futile in advance of Sunday.

Feek okaaaaay now... I think... Legs a bit heavy so I'm just praying that eases!

Dunno what to be thinking about the Longford Half now - I'm excited and nervous. I pretty much have 2 rest days now and will catch up on a bit stretching and foam rolling. A few recovery miles and strides on Saturday should loosen out the leggies and hopefully hopefully hopefully they'll wake up fresh on Sunday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

CL - Best of luck with it on Sunday!!

If you're not going to predict a time for yourself then I guess we're gonna have to:
    1:32:59!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

belcarra wrote: »
    If you're not going to predict a time for yourself then I guess we're gonna have to:

Way too soft man :D

I'll be constantly worried and looking over my shoulder anyway hopefully the fear of being CL'ed will keep me on my toes :p.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Way too soft man :D

I'll be constantly worried and looking over my shoulder anyway hopefully the fear of being CL'ed will keep me on my toes :p.

:eek:

belcarra wrote: »
    CL - Best of luck with it on Sunday!!

Cheers! What's your PB? That's always a good one to keep my eye on... :p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

claralara wrote: »
    Cheers! What's your PB? That's always a good one to keep my eye on... :p;)

I think you roasted that last time out!:D
    Mine is 1:35:30, and I think you've gone sub 1:35 already, ya?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I can confirm that I am chasing an arbitrary (ish!) finishing position and not a time - in fact the time for that particular position has a range of just over 10 minutes, based on the previous 10 years of this Berlin marathon.

I can further confirm wanting to achieve this position is in no way relective of a race plan / goal pace etc - it is simply a desire to kick a certain person's a*s!

That is all. :D

Ha we'll see. Is it right that I hope you don't achieve your goal? Anyway, us chauvinists know womens racing is way less competitive than mens so should be easier for you to reach that finishing position than a comparable male.

:eek:

No need for the :eek:
    I have seen for myself the big improvements that you have had since you went back on the EPO Iron Tablets ;).
    Nothing would surprise me tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Yeh, you better get your sh1t together or you'll be "glamour coupled" in the one Summer ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Yeh, you better get your sh1t together or you'll be "glamour coupled" in the one Summer ;)

Sounds like a weird sex game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Could be worse, he could be crock-coupled :p

You'll take that one to the grave:p It was an aberration and will never happen again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

You'll take that one to the grave:p It was an aberration and will never happen again :D

You've done it now, you can't say 'never' it will bite you in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VaderMLK

Best of luck claralara with your run today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Well done champ.

Word travels fast, even from the technology blackhole that is Longford!!

Cracking result!!

RayCun wrote: »
    3.13 it is then :)
    That's looking a little soft after today's 87.xx Half! Well done CL. Don't spend all the prize money on booze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

That's looking a little soft after today's 87.xx Half! Well done CL. Don't spend all the prize money on booze :D

Impressive run CL, well done. Proof that hard work, more than anything, leads to great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Congrats O, I wasn't long finished when I heard them call out your name. Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

87.xx! Fantastic time, and a well-deserved win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Congrats CL on a super result. I actually heard the result in Tesco's in Cabra - the Irish grapevine works in mysterious ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Great stuff - congrats :)

What odd's are paddy power giving on digger beating you now :)

macinalli wrote: »
    Congrats CL on a super result. I actually heard the result in Tesco's in Cabra - the Irish grapevine works in mysterious ways!

Were you listening to her interview on Shannonside Radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Fantastic run and result today. Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jaysus, with all of CL's media commitments it's starting to feel like I'm going out with Jessica Ennis :-)

Jaysus, with all of CL's media commitments it's starting to feel like I'm going out with Jessica Ennis :-)

So, when is the photoshoot in Bushy Park?

So, when is the photoshoot in Bushy Park?

Haha! I'll have to wash my club vest first!

Cheers for all the posts folks! Alsolutely delighted with today's result and currently enjoying a delicious bottle of vino tinto.

Chip time - 1:27.48 and report to follow in the am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Fantastic achievement CL, amazing time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well done. I'ld like to say that i knew her when she was having trouble doing LSRs. Think those days are gone:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

You've come a long way bud from snot bubbles and breakdowns to winning a race, we're all very proud of you! :)

Advertisement