Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Payg Phone - Help

Options
  • 02-01-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hey Folks

Gf is buying herself a new pay as you go phone soon and i was wondering if anyone who knows a bit more about phones can help? I kno a bit about top end phones, Htc Desire etc,but not much about the bottom end! Any help is greatly appreciated! Shes currently o2, and has no intentions of leaving, although unlocking a phone wouldnt be too much hassle. Her budget is 100 and she was looking at the c3?

Any help....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

...anyone?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Check out carphonewarehouse.ie they have the e51 and e71 for €99 each and the 5800 for €130 hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

go for the E5 its a smartphone
    the C3 is having alot of issues with connectivity as its trying to be a smartphone it runs on S40V5
    whereas the E5 is s60v5
    ive had this model myself and moved up a few since im currently using the C6-01
    ive had the E5 and it never had any problems with the phone and thinking of going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Hey man,

I work for O2 - First, C3 isnt available on O2 network so if you were to get it you would need to bring it to an unlocking shop and pay around 15-20 to have it unlocked.

I'd recommend getting the Nokia X2 for 99 or Sony E Spiro for 59

Another important bit of advice is don't go for a touch screen phone at this price range or as a rule of thumb, any smartphone at this price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Hey man,

I work for O2 - First, C3 isnt available on O2 network......

???
    The C3 is available on O2. I know 3 people who have it on O2
    Might not be on their website, but CPW have it and I think the O2 shops have it also

• Advertisement

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    ???
    The C3 is available on O2. I know 3 people who have it on O2
    Might not be on their website, but CPW have it and I think the O2 shops have it also

kind of thought that myself ive seen them in the shop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I'll let our manager know we do in fact stock them in that case.

O2 don't stock the Nokia C3.

Maybe your getting confused with a similar looking phone; the e72 OR e5

Or you might be getting confused with a similar sounding phone; the c7.

Or possibly the English O2, who do stock the C3.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

thanks for the info lads. Not a big fan of the x2, i do like the e5 but is it not more expensive? cant see it on the carphone warehouse site. The e51 is "not pretty enough" for her! The e71 is a possibility i think if we can get it in the silver colour and not the grey one!

Hmmm the problems with the c3 ive read about online,but she would literally just be using it for texts and calls so that wouldnt be too much of a problem i dont think.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Carphone warehouse at the minute seem to have good offers online but then when you go to order their website seems to pack in, odd.

Women are so odd when it comes to phones, i pick out the one with the best spec, but she wants the one that looks nicest and comes in a nice pretty colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

zmazgo.jpg

i would go for the E5 ive had one myself it never caused me any troubles
    the C3-01 looks nice though its also a touch and type

• Advertisement
Advertisement