Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switch

Options
  • 02-01-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,does anyone know where I could get a reversing light switch for a 01 Ford Mondeo 1.8LX,Manual,Petrol in a hurry as I have an NCT on Wednesday coming either new or second hand.The nearest Main Dealer said they would not have one until the week after next.I would be greatly indebted if anyone can help.Thanks,Bogs.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Try a scrap yard, them Mondeo reverse light switch's do give trouble so make sure it works if you get it from a scrap yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Scrapyard maybe? There's one on the Tullaroan road, one in clara on the old Dublin road and a massive one in Hugginstown about 20 miles out of town and also there's Hollywood's the far side of Freshford.

The motor factors in town are Walsh's on Walkin street and Halfords on the ringroad beside Woodies (I think there's one or two more as well).

If all that's wrong with the car is that the reversing light is not working you'll probably get a partial pass and then all you need to do is drop in when you get it sorted and show them the thing working. That's often the case with these things. Not 100% on this though.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Scrapyard maybe? There's one on the Tullaroan road, one in clara on the old Dublin road and a massive one in Hugginstown about 20 miles out of town and also there's Hollywood's the far side of Freshford.

The motor factors in town are Walsh's on Walkin street and Halfords on the ringroad beside Woodies (I think there's one or two more as well).

If all that's wrong with the car is that the reversing light is not working you'll probably get a partial pass and then all you need to do is drop in when you get it sorted and show them the thing working. That's often the case with these things. Not 100% on this though.
    Your right, a visible re-test is free but if you had to do a slip test or emissions etc it costs 25 quid. OP them switch's are only €15 new anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Ah damn it. I clicked excitedly on the link hoping it was about a re-introduction of "Switch" drum n bass night that used to be held in Ryans :D

wax wrote: »
    Ah damn it. I clicked excitedly on the link hoping it was about a re-introduction of "Switch" drum n bass night that used to be held in Ryans :D
    its coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Ooh, Elaborate please. PM if you want

wax wrote: »
    Ooh, Elaborate please. PM if you want
    I was only joking:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

http://www.partfinder.ie/

i got some fiesta parts through some of there registered breakers, I'd say you will find a part for a mondeo through it if you search the scrap yards around KK,CW and WD

Advertisement