Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Cork Meetup Thread

Options
  • 02-01-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I know people are probably still nursing hangovers but I figured we might as well have the thread here for when people sober up!

So anyone who wants to organise or suggest things to do please feel free.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ms RiRi

Im new here but am looking forward to meeting new people in cork.
    Im assuming you guys meet up for drinks etc.......
    would be keen for some get to know everyone activities in particular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

maybe an outing to a nice quiet pub or something. or is now a good time for a non-drinking occasion? since everyone's still recovering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

maybe an outing to a nice quiet pub or something. or is now a good time for a non-drinking occasion? since everyone's still recovering

not a bad idea actually.. country pub ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

juice bar? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

corkcomp wrote: »
    not a bad idea actually.. country pub ftw

Ha ha, is that a no alcohol pub?? Hoping to go off the booze after this weekend, dont know how long I will last though. Maybe do something like bowling, quazar or some outdoor activity?

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Ha ha, is that a no alcohol pub?? Hoping to go off the booze after this weekend, dont know how long I will last though. Maybe do something like bowling, quazar or some outdoor activity?

yeah bowling be good craic... knowing all of us I have a fair idea where it will end though:o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

yeah bowling be good craic... knowing all of us I have a fair idea where it will end though:o:pac:

The bowling in the Mardyke was fun the last time. A few drinks in advance helps a lot with the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Well it doesn't make me any worse :o

I'm back on weekends already (htf did that happen so quick?) so would definitely be interested in activities that don't involve drinking. Cinema outing to see the Green Hornet and a couple of coffees/drinks after?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If we get enough (Around 20-30 IIRC), Mahon Point do private cinema screenings, but they're usually mornings, so it'd be a sat morning/sun morning. Probably a non-starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

If we get enough (Around 20-30 IIRC), Mahon Point do private cinema screenings,

that is a brilliant idea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'd totally be up for Bowling,haven't been in years! I'd prefer something more sociable than cinema tbh, though I do love going to the flicks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

:(

panda100 wrote: »
    I'd totally be up for Bowling,haven't been in years! I'd prefer something more sociable than cinema tbh, though I do love going to the flicks :)

Yeah I agree with panda100. While the cinema idea is certainly one I never thought about (yes Paintdoctor I acknowledge your wisdom on that) personally I like meetups where you can actually chat and have a bit of a laugh and maybe bowling has more of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Hi id be interested in joining group on the occasion of the next meet if that's possible. Was wondering too as to what the dynamic of the group is age wise?? I'm in my late 20s myself so was just curious really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gizdai

Hi everyone!! I'd be interested in comin along to whatever ye arrange aswell and was wondering do ye mind newbies tagging along??

gizdai wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! I'd be interested in comin along to whatever ye arrange aswell and was wondering do ye mind newbies tagging along??

Newbies are the life blood of Boards meetups!! Without them numbers would fall over time as people move on. There are always the "hard core" that turn up to most events.

Age is not a problem but be aware that the average age would be late 20's I would think. I'm 35 and don't feel like an old fart at these meetups :D

Come along - what have you got to lose???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Cheers Wispy count me in so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gizdai

Sounds good!! Count me in too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Think I might join ye as well whenever ye decide to meet up :)

mariebeth wrote: »
    Think I might join ye as well whenever ye decide to meet up :)

Great stuff. Sounds like we should organise something with all this interest from so many new faces.

I'm not really up for organising dinners or bowling as it really is hard work (I have nothing but respect for Cadyboo, Kingtut and others who HAVE done this) but will happily organise a pub/drinks meetup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Count me in. :pac:

Ok,

As there seems to be no other firm plans I propose:

Sat 15th January - Boards Beers Meetup

Starting at the Old Oak at 20.30 and then heading onwards as the mood takes people.

Anyone who is interested and likely to attend please speak up and say so. Assuming at least four or five will come it should work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 katie24

Another newbie...!

Is it cool just to show up?

katie24 wrote: »
    Another newbie...!

Is it cool just to show up?

Of course you can!! This is not some formal club with a membership requirement. Assuming this goes ahead anyone who wants can PM me for a contact number so there is no risk of arriving and not finding the group.

At the end of the day its only a few drinks in the pub - nothing too scary or stressful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

wispyman wrote: »
    At the end of the day its only a few drinks in the pub - nothing too scary or stressful :D

Until they meet you :P just kidding, Wispyman is wonderful everyone and a great organiser!

I miss organising things :( I miss Ireland also!

kingtut wrote: »
    Until they meet you :P just kidding, Wispyman is wonderful everyone and a great organiser!

I miss organising things :( I miss Ireland also!

I'm only keeping the organisers seat warm for you kingtut ;)

I sense mutiny:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Fight fight!! lol :D

Not sure about the night out at the mo. Am sick today:(. (hungover):o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CarrieC

Hi, I'm another newbie! I'd love to meet up! Is it going ahead next sat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Mutiny?? Does that mean there are pirates around??

*goes looking for the rum*

Advertisement