Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help!!

Options
  • 02-01-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,
    Last may i graduated from DIT with a Level 7 ordinary degree in engineering. During my three years there i unfortunately realized that it wasn't really for me. So since May i have been working away full time in a job unrelated to my qualification. My plan going into the job was to work until April/May and then head over to canada for the summer to work/mountain bike and then come home to start a new college course in September, which is still the plan at the moment. What i need help with is...what is the best method for going about getting into a new course in september and is it possibly for me as an graduate to start a new undergraduate degree. The kind of courses i really want to do are environmentally and geographically based which are obviously not 100% related to engineering, so my idea is that i would have to start off fresh. I then can only think of the CAO as a viable option to getting into these courses. Is there any other way? Talk to the course providers?...I am also only gone 22 so i am not a mature student for a while yet.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated! oh an if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it mods.

Thanks,
    Kev

Comments

I'd say have a look at FETAC courses. You can more or less start from scratch with them. :)

Best wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I would say you need to contact the faculty in question and ask about entry requirements. I don't know for certain, but I don't think CAO accept applications from third-level graduates.

Advertisement