Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card balance transfer

Options
  • 02-01-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hope i'm in the right section .so here goes. My problem is that I have couple of very sick credit cards!!! and am looking for advice as to which banks do the lowest interest rates for balance transfers. Any help appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Move them to another cried card and just try and pay down as much as you can before the interest free period runs out, EBS are still doing 10% interest free for 10mts.
    http://www.ebs.ie/site/All/Members%20Credit%20Card?Opendocument

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

Cheers drunkmonkey !

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just remember not to miss a payment on the newly transferred card as if you miss one payment they can terminate the 0% rate and bring it back up to standard rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I missed one payment on the ebs card all my others are direct debit, they put back the 0% and were pretty sound, but by was I livid over getting hammered with interest just for being 2 days late and was paying back way over the minimum.
    They told me even if I wanted to transfer another large amount to the card and did not qualify for the 0% they would be able to do something for me.
    Happy with my ebs card even though i've never used it as anything besides an interest free loan.
    It's been my only dealings with them but have found them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I think MBNA still do 0% transfer on balances for 9months

like others have said - if you are late - they charge, and remember just because you send the payment BEFORE the last day doesnt mean they receive it, so you need to make sure you make payment in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

Many thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MBNA are one of the most aggressive showers of b***ds when it comes to financial services. The reason they offer carrots like low interest balance transfer is because they absolutely screw you if you make a late payment, all they have to do is catch you once and you've lost the benefit you got when you joined them.

Advertisement