Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Goods

Options
  • 02-01-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I know this is a long shot but basically.
    There was a theft from a car at 11am yesterday (sunday 1/1/2011) outside st josephs church on presentation road in the city.

A man was seen acting suspicious trying to interfere with a pay and display machine perhaps this is the person responsible fro the theft.
    The stolen items were containd within a silver colour flightcase measuring approx 1.5' x 1.5' x 6"

If any one thinks they may know anything I would really appreciate some info.

This incident has been reported to the guards but anyone has any information please feel free to pm me or report to guards in millstreet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

Are we to be suspicious of any items that will fit inside those dimensions or have you a few more details maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Bing_IRL wrote: »
    Are we to be suspicious of any items that will fit inside those dimensions or have you a few more details maybe?

What do you mean by this post and Why do you need more details?
    If you seen nothing dont bother posting, If you know or seen something pm me or contact millstreet station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

More then likely the person that stole the goods are likely to flog the contents from inside the case and not the case itself, do tell unless the stuff that's in the case is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

eagle10 wrote: »
    If you seen nothing dont bother posting, If you know or seen something pm me or contact millstreet station
    It seems likely that the item(s) could have been separated from the flight case.

Some more detail about what was in it, without need to be too specific might be helpful.

You haven't found something and want to make sure someone doesn't just say "oh that's mine" if you describe it.

Without more info, you are saying that we should be suspicious of any item of that size being sold.

I'm trying to get a quick sale on something that would fit in that flight case, so maybe I can't trust myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

It seems likely that the item(s) in the flight case could have been separated.

Some more details about what was in it, without need to be too specific might be helpful.

You haven't found something and want to make sure someone doesn't just say "oh that's mine" if you describe it.

Without more info, you are saying that we should be suspicious of any item of that size being sold.

I'm trying to get a quick sale on something that would fit in that flight case, so maybe I can't trust myself.
    +1

• Advertisement

paconnors wrote: »
    More then likely the person that stole the goods are likely to flog the contents from inside the case and not the case itself, do tell unless the stuff that's in the case is illegal.

I just want to know did anyone see the guy with the case.

Thats all if anyone seen anyone with the case pm me or contact millstreet staion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

We understand you are pretty pissed off, but we are just trying to be helpful. Hope you get whatever it is back again.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056134156

Now did any of the above posters see anything now that you know the contents?

There was a theft from a car at 11am yesterday (sunday 1/1/2011) outside st josephs church on presentation road in the city.

A man was seen acting suspicious trying to interfere with a pay and display machine perhaps this is the person responsible fro the theft.
    The stolen items were containd within a silver colour flightcase measuring approx 1.5' x 1.5' x 6"

This incident has been reported to the guards but anyone has any information please feel free to pm me or report to guards in millstreet.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

I kinda wanted to help originally, but given your responses, I couldn't really give a toss anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is a Flightcase a silver coloured one padded on the inside? I haven't seen anything but just so clarify in case someone has the wrong picture in their head (like I might have)

I kinda wanted to help originally, but given your responses, I couldn't really give a toss anymore.

I dont believe you ever wanted to help.
    Where you even in that area yesterday?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is a Flightcase a silver coloured one padded on the inside? I haven't seen anything but just so clarify in case someone has the wrong picture in their head (like I might have)

It opens in half and is padded on one side

http://www.thomann.de/ie/prod_bdb_AR_153064.html?image=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If you haven't already, be no harm to pop in with your number to the pawn shops and the music shops that buy.

inisboffin wrote: »
    If you haven't already, be no harm to pop in with your number to the pawn shops and the music shops that buy.

Was in the one on mary street today they were quite helpfull the one on eglinton street was closed will go there tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tomfodge

Daylight robbery an absolute disgrace I walked by that way to town but didnt see anything out of the ordinary just that there was a funeral going on.

I suppose the case if fairly distinctive if you embed a pic it may trigger something in someones memory.

tomfodge wrote: »
    Daylight robbery an absolute disgrace I walked by that way to town but didnt see anything out of the ordinary just that there was a funeral going on.

I suppose the case if fairly distinctive if you embed a pic it may trigger something in someones memory.
    Warwick_Rockcase_Per_Pedali_alluminio.png

The case is the same but the contents are different this is a promo pick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I went down Presentation Road on Sunday morning as well and saw plenty of illegal activity. Cars parked on the footpath. I was disgusted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Would you fit a jar of manners in that case??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056134156

Now did any of the above posters see anything now that you know the contents?
    To the best of my knowledge the person who stole these is not Irish he wore a hat and had a backpack.

Lol

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Lol

What is wrong with this guy?

Never a proper post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What was in the case?

It's hard to help you if we don't know what to keep an eye out for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What was in the case?

It's hard to help you if we don't know what to keep an eye out for
    See post 9 above

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

All that secrecy for a box of pedals,had my head in overdrive thinking all sorts of things:D

Good luck with the search Eagle,you'll need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

what is with all the d!ckhead posts here?!

this guy had his property stolen from his car by some scumbag, he comes on here to see if anyone can help him out if anyone saw anythinng in the area of presentation road on sunday morning and all he get's is smartarse comments about "illegal contents"

yeah that's why he went to the cops about it, to report a case of stolen heroin!:rolleyes:

I can see from the link to thread that it's musical equipment but it was hardly all that important in the first place, all he wanted to know was did anyone see anything suspicious.
    I'm sure people in that circle in galway(music) would have been informed and if I found stuff like that I'd have no idea what it was

out of 25 posts only 2 (das kitty and inishboffin) were in any way helpful,
    why post up stupid comments about the contents and illegal parking?!

this forum is getting rediculously pathetic when someone looking for help about stolen property is sneered at and only given smartarse replies:mad:

Back on topic, I wasn't in that area at that time eagle but if I hear of anything will post. maybe keep an eye on on-line adverts selling stuff like that

This might have something to do with it magentas!

Serious attitude adjustment needed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Enough of the smart-arsed replies.

It's perfeclty clear that because of the thread title, some of you may have thought that the OP was asking you to look out for particular goods which may or may not have been sold from a silver case.

However, if you read the first post properly, you'd have understood that the OP was in actual fact asking if anyone was in the area at the time and saw:

a: anyone acting suspiciously near a car

or

b: someone carrying a silver case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

magentas wrote: »

this forum is getting rediculously pathetic when someone looking for help about stolen property is sneered at and only given smartarse replies:mad:

Did you ever hear the saying "Help us Help you".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I think THIS may have something to do with it micheal666

I agree that a serious attitude adjustment is needed

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    Enough of the smart-arsed replies.

It's perfeclty clear that because of the thread title, some of you may have thought that the OP was asking you to look out for particular goods which may or may not have been sold from a silver case.

However, if you read the first post properly, you'd have understood that the OP was in actual fact asking if anyone was in the area at the time and saw:

a: anyone acting suspiciously near a car

or

b: someone carrying a silver case.
    Its more about how he asked than what he asked!

And please dont tell me what i thought!!

Advertisement