Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: Do you have water in your house?

Options
  • 02-01-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

This is a poll for Galway CITY dwellers only and relates to the water situation in Galway CITY houses only.

Do you have water in your house? 58 votes

Yes I have water at the moment
    0% 0 votes
    Yest I have water now, but was cut off earlier today
    89% 52 votes
    No, I've no water
    10% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I have water in Highfield at very low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Very low pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Intermittent and when it's on, pressure low enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Grand in Hazel Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Not a drop. Kingston.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yes and it's awesome. Wouldn't even think that there's a water shortage/outage

News reports are saying that water is back to all houses in Galway.

Someone is being economical with the truth. We still have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

churchview wrote: »
    News reports are saying that water is back to all houses in Galway.

Someone is being economical with the truth. We still have none.

I have none out on the Headford Road still....getting extremely pissed off about it at this stage. Have been without for over 2 weeks now...anybody else on the Headford Road still out? The 2 times I've called the council I've been told I was the first person from my area to call!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I have none out on the Headford Road still....getting extremely pissed off about it at this stage. Have been without for over 2 weeks now...anybody else on the Headford Road still out? The 2 times I've called the council I've been told I was the first person from my area to call!!

Are any of your neighbours out? If not I would be calling a plumber.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Are any of your neighbours out? If not I would be calling a plumber.

I've asked 2 of my neighbours, They have water but they are students and only arrived back yesterday. I got water into my tank a few days but haven't in the last 4. I was getting about enough for 1 shower but haven't even got that. There's no leaks that I can find.

When I arrived back on Stephens Day the mains for the entire estates had burst and was gushing out all over the place. But it's a good suggestion, maybe if I put the pressure on my landlord there will be more than my calls going to the council

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Post over on the heating and plumbing forum, they might be able to give you suggestions. Helped me out of a hole more than once with my plumbing woes!

Went with your first advise there Kitty. I've given up on the council and have gone back to the letting agency. They are looking into it. So it sounds like nobody else is having the same problem but we'll see.

I've checked my pipes. I think it's most likely an issue with water pressure in the area...sure we'll see what they get back with. My apartment is turning into a kip. I'll be so happy when it's back and I don't need to put 5 litres into my feckin cystirne and ration the water...e.g. Do I want to be able to go to the toilet today or wash my plates!? :P

I was showering at work and all. Dastards

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I've been observing the poll results and what is clear is that about a third of respondants were without water at some stage during the day they posted.

I've been observing the poll results and what is clear is that about a third of respondants were without water at some stage during the day they posted.

How on Earth did you come to that conclusion, pray tell?
    Have you any qualifications in statistics that would enable me to trust your insightful conclusion based on the results of such a complicated poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

No water in Shantalla this morning.Anywhere else affected today?

nifheorais wrote: »
    No water in Shantalla this morning.Anywhere else affected today?

Yep. Kingston.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

AFAIK we've had water all day/week, Salthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

These polls aren't that accurate, if someone is without water they're much more likely to open the thread and vote their annoyance.

foto joe wrote: »
    These polls aren't that accurate, if someone is without water they're much more likely to open the thread and vote their annoyance.

Plenty accurate. doubleglaze's hypothesis is blindingly uninsightful, but accurate nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Still without water in Mincloon, Rahoon. Its getting a bit ridiculous at this point. Haven't had a fully operational water service since at least 3 weeks before christmas. Have had no mains all day yesterday and today and the clothes and dishes are starting to really pile up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Have not had any loss of water in my house in Newcastle at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Still no shower water - 2nd floor apartment in Salthill.. Annoying.. Did they turn the pressure down?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Afaik pressure is down in most parts of the city due to redistribution of water supplies, reorganised so that water will reach all properties. There are restrictions on the West side of the City at night to allow the reservoir to fill.
    We had a pump fitted last year in our house and I believe that this has allowed water to reach all taps here this year. Well worth it.

Advertisement