Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to take a project forward

Options
  • 02-01-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

I got into web development about 5 months ago and since then I've been devouring all I can read on any subject related to the field.

I got the bug initially when I had an idea which I of course thought was the next big thing. Dreams of building a viable web based business and then kicking back in my chair and watching the money roll in quickly took hold and over the last few months I've been developing my idea and trying turn it into something decent. I'm sure a lot of people get hooked the same way.

I'm at a point now where I have a much better understanding of the lay of the land around my chosen (or did it choose me?) web application category and the project has grown in my mind into something much larger and much more complicated than I ever thought it would when I started it.

I've reached a stage where I don't think I can manage the whole thing myself any more and I need to bring in other people to help complete the project, either by hiring a web development company to do the bulk of the programming and visual design or by finding some people who want to get involved in the project also.

Now while the first option is a decent choice, it would require a large financial commitment from me and I feel like I'd probably spend the same amount of time directing the developers as I would just building the thing myself.

The second option on the other hand is also interesting. I could try to convince some other people of the value of the project, get them on-board, then we all take the thing forward together.

But where do I go to meet people like this? How does one find a group of people he can pitch his idea to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

This forum is probably a good start.

You could also try the entrepreneur forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Personally I would not be in a rush. I would develop the project myself. It won't take as long as you think if you are disciplined and plan it properly.

I say this from experience. :) I have a successful web business.

Slow and steady progress with a long term plan is the way to go...

Advertisement