Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I find the password for the web based configuration interface?

• 02-01-2011 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My friend recently bought a new ASUS laptop with Windows 7 as its operating system but it can't connect to the internet by our router, it is connecting to the internet and can see other laptops but it will not fully connect. We live in a rented apartment and don't have access to the router and so we don't know the model type or any other details. The ISP is Netia SA and the IP address is 81.219.123.132. The laptop in question says that the router may be too old and therefore incompatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, but the rest of us use Windows Vista without any problem and it is a new router! If there are any suggestions other than trying to access the Web-Based Configuration Interface please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

it is connecting to the internet and can see other laptops but it will not fully connect

What exactly do you mean by this??

Another question I have to ask is..... do you actually have permission to use this router? If you do, then why can't you find out what type of router it is, surely you can ask your landlord? If so, post back with the details.

What is the SSID (network name) of the wireless network?

Also, open a command prompt (start-all programs-accessories-system tools-command prompt) and type in "ipconfig" (without the quotes). That will give you the IP address of the router (default gateway).
    Enter that IP into your browser, and post back with what you see.

Advertisement