Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with obtaining a small mortgage

Options
  • 02-01-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Ok well I have seen a house i wish to buy and have had an offer accepted for €40,000. The house needs some work so i was hoping to apply for an extra €10,000 to get the basics done on the house i.e. re-wiring, plumbing, windows etc. (this is a rough guess as i may be way out, i am waiting for a quote) The rest of the work i intent to get done after i move in and as and when it can be afforded. I have been saving for a few months and have €1,500 in a credit union account. I need a 10% deposit so €5000. I had intended to continue to save for a house deposit before i found this place and i don't want to miss out on it as it is a bargain. So my question is... If i borrow the rest of my deposit will it affect my mortgage application. The mortgage repayment would be about €200 a month, i earn €1200-€1500 a month. I roughly calculated that my loan repayments from the credit union would be about €300 a month (if i were to repay the loan over 2 years). Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, your loan would affect your mortgage application. Have you made any applications yet?

Advertisement