Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Down Under Returns

Options
  • 02-01-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow - Monday the 3rd on BBC 1 at 9am, for anyone interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Elliee wrote: »
    Tomorrow - Monday the 3rd on BBC 1 at 9am, for anyone interested.

The wife watched this before we moved.

What did you think of the last series?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

In one word repetitious! :)
    No way is it an hour long show, could easily fit it into 40 minutes, for that reason Im not made about watching it. I record it and flick through it for the employment and housing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I have never watched it... but I gather from reading other forums that it is a bit unrealistic.

Plenty of Brits think so anyway... it seems to portray that most Ex-pats emigrating to Australia will be buying a beachside property with swimming pool, reality is some what different for most people.

I might download it of Nova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I watched it once when I was in the migration process.

I fell over laughing at the part where they said "So the jones are going to Australia, they just have to do the paperwork and they are off"

As if they could be there next wednesday... lot of paperwork and a lot of waiting would be closer to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I just watched this program, fair play to them they are going give it a go.

Still they were thinking of moving from the sticks in North Wales to Redlands or Victoria Pt in Brisbane, which would be the equivalent of moving from Ballybuck to Monaco.

Would be more realistic if they did like for like and moved from Wales to Broken Hill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement