Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sickening cruelty

• 02-01-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/01/help-find-sick-yobs-who-hanged-two-lurcher-puppies-from-canal-bridge-115875-22818528/

*graphic image warning*

I wanted to share this link here, I don't know why. Not to upset people, but I suppose to show just how bad animal cruelty can be. We give out about people rehoming their animals, it could be so much worse. These poor dogs were a year old approx, in good condition and look at their fate.

I'm sobbing and can't get the image out of my head. I hate when I see comments on animal forums saying things like "I hope they die screaming" etc about people who do things like this, but I can honestly say I wouldn't shed a tear for the monster who did this.

I'm sure the people who work in rescue who frequent the forum are no strangers to scenes like this and animals abused over sustained periods of time, I don't know how they do it. The people on the front line of rescue should be sainted, having to deal with things like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

That is just pure sick.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Unfortunately, things like this are becoming far too commonplace. Maybe its just being reported a lot more nowadays than it was before, but there seems to be a case like this almost once a week now. Not too long ago, a chihuahua was shot with a crossbow in the states and left to die. I just cannot understand what is going through people's heads when they do **** like this. The sooner they track those sick bastards down the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: i can't believe someone could ever do anything like that, the poor things, they're beautiful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

So many cruelty cases are due to neglect/ignorance, which are bad enough, but this is obviously one of intentional cruelty for the "fun" of it... which makes it ten times more sickening. It must be a sign of severe mental issues when somebody can get a perverse kick out of doing things like this to an animal/another human. Dear god, words fail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jesus that is absolutely awful, I think that is the most awful cruelty image I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Working lurchers by the looks of it - possibly caught on land without permission and hung as a warning - the rspca asking for owners to come forward will probably come to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

sligopark wrote: »
    Working lurchers by the looks of it -

Was thinking the same myself, good body weight and well muscled.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

It has a whiff of this: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2002_April_29/ai_85178227/
    A spanish custom of hanging greyhounds after a poor performance.
    Not for the squeamish!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

They said that in the article, that they looked to have been well looked after. Although I know people who have dogs who are very well muscled who are not workers, just well exercised. So it's really hard to tell sometimes. It could be any number of things, from a worker who needed to make space, a pet home who had enough of them, a farmer making a point, stolen dogs who had too much heat. So many possibilities. A tragedy.

Whispered wrote: »
    They said that in the article, that they looked to have been well looked after. Although I know people who have dogs who are very well muscled who are not workers, just well exercised. So it's really hard to tell sometimes. It could be any number of things, from a worker who needed to make space, a pet home who had enough of them, a farmer making a point, stolen dogs who had too much heat. So many possibilities. A tragedy.

My dog has muscles on him that would put Madonna to shame! He is just well exercised.

There are so many possibilities which is mad, it's more or less saying there are millions of reasons why an animal would be treated in this way.

That article is awful, horrible description of the "piano player" death. The article seems to read that all of them are killed in some manner at the end of a hunting season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I posted a link to that story last night in another thread, thankfully without pictures as yesterday was a low day for me and i'm not sure i would have been able to cope with seeing such a terrible, terrible image. How someone could be so casually and deliberately cruel to such beautiful animals constantly shocks me, and i truely believe that they should be prosecuted in the same manner that those who have commited crimes against humans are.

Shanao, I saw that article about the Chihuahua, its an absolute miracle that the little thing survived, incredible really. I've worked with animals for a long time now and i've seen a lot of badly treated and seriously ill creatures, but i think if i were ever to become callous or desensitised to their suffering i would seriously have to question my own humanity, so how someone could do this and walk away just astounds me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Knew I'd seen this article posted by someone here somewhere yesterday but couldn't remember where. I've come across a lot of bad situations and had to give up my job in a vets because of the amount of upsetting cases that came in (usually down to idiot owners who just didn't want their dogs anymore, especially greyhounds.) and I just cannot understand how people can see absolutely nothing wrong, and even be entertained, by torturing animals!! I dont know will certain people's opinions towards animals every change, and unfortunately, i doubt it. I just hope that they catch these guys, though I know its highly unlikely.

shinikins wrote: »
    I posted a link to that story last night in another thread, thankfully without pictures as yesterday was a low day for me and i'm not sure i would have been able to cope with seeing such a terrible, terrible image. How someone could be so casually and deliberately cruel to such beautiful animals constantly shocks me, and i truely believe that they should be prosecuted in the same manner that those who have commited crimes against humans are.

Shanao, I saw that article about the Chihuahua, its an absolute miracle that the little thing survived, incredible really. I've worked with animals for a long time now and i've seen a lot of badly treated and seriously ill creatures, but i think if i were ever to become callous or desensitised to their suffering i would seriously have to question my own humanity, so how someone could do this and walk away just astounds me.

that is actually unbelievable! such a small animal to survive such trauma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

that is actually unbelievable! such a small animal to survive such trauma

I know, he seems to have been straying around the location he was shot in for several weeks and was in bad condition, incredibly the bolt didn't go near any of its internal organs, i'll have a look for the link, i only read it a short time ago and thought it was such a small triumph.

(Edit:found it http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/tiny_chihuahua_makes_miraculous_recovery.html )

shinikins wrote: »
    I know, he seems to have been straying around the location he was shot in for several weeks and was in bad condition, incredibly the bolt didn't go near any of its internal organs, i'll have a look for the link, i only read it a short time ago and thought it was such a small triumph.

(Edit:found it http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/tiny_chihuahua_makes_miraculous_recovery.html )

Aw it's fantastic to see him doing so well and that a good family has taken him in.

A donor paid for the animal's medical expenses - you got to love a story like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hanging defenceless baby animals seems to be the latest craze :mad:. This was discovered in Rathfarnham on Thursday by a friend. (WARNING: don't click on it if you were upset by the lurcher pictures)

b******s - simple as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

wow that is truely horrific. sick b@stards:mad:

there doesn't appear to be any "wounds" as such, unless they were strangled or something, does this mean they were actually hung like this and left to die???

fabulous dogs, really stunning. this is a really sick and perverse kind of torture.
    I don't think this image will ever leave me:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I cant bring msyelf to look at any of those links, i just cant bear to look at that kind of stuff:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

That is just not on. I hope the devil(s) are caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I wont be looking at the pics, but as far as the little dog and the crossbow is concerned, its the same kind of idiots that go on hunting trips with their pals and think its fun to shoot living targets without any danger to themselves. I am only a fan if their is a risk to the hunter, for example if the are only given three bullets when hunting bear, at least that gives the bear a chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement