Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kettlebell Training

Options
  • 02-01-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭

Ok...i have been accused of being a marketers dream in the past but i like the look of this product.

Have we anyone on here that uses it,has used it,knows about it...

I would like to hear your comments,the ad on the telly looks good.

http://www.kettleworx.co.uk/index.html?from=adwords

-Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kite Runner

hi sosa

i am no expert by any means on kettlebells, I use a 16kg one as part of overall strength training. Your question gets a lot of discussion on the fitness forum and maybe better directed there. you can buy them local at

http://www.buykettlebelldublin.com/

www.irishlifting.com

and try www.dominicmunelly.ie aka Transform on boards for really great advice on them.

I am not connected with any of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I have used kettlebells. They are good. They are also just another version or tool to use in strength training. They have become very popular of late again despite being used widely in athletic circles in the '60s. They have been marketed very well recently.

When I have used them they have been as part of a wider strength program, for example 2-3 exercises out of a session of maybe 16 exercises. You could do a full program of kettlebells but be carefull not to get caught into doing kettlebells exercises for everything and basing your training on that just because you bought a set.

They are good. Barbells are good too, dumbells too, med ball etc etc etc. They are another good tool but not going to change your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Hi
    I got into kettle bells about 6 months ago. I go to a KB class twice weekly with my partner. I've found kettlebells to be a fun and effective way to train. I have to say I don't know what it is about them, but they're the first piece of 'equipment' that i've used that I've actually stuck with! I like the fact you can get a very high intensity workout from something which you can swing in your own living room. Seriously 10 mins, swinging a 20kg bell...its TOUGH!!

I bought some bells to have at home too and also a few DVDs bought off amazon.

From the research I did when purchasing the DVD's I came across quite a few negative reviews on the "Kettleworx" one. Its pretty much quick buck money making thing that latching on to the popularity that kettlebells have gained over the last couple of years. Alot of properly trained and qualified kettle bell instructors out there are slating his technique. So maybe he wouldn't be the best guy to start out with??

I bought my kettle bells from www.mcsport.ie because at the time they had a good sale going. So i'm not sure what their prices are like now. But they sell good quality bells and they're exactly like the ones I swing in class with my instructor. Although I would like to point out I bought 2 x 12kgs ones from them and 1 arrived straight away and the other took 2 weeks. But I wasn't overly bothered as I attend the classes and we have bells there. But wanted to let you know as it might be worth contacting them about their stocks before purchasing.

Good luck with it anyway I hope you find something you like!

Advertisement