Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
  • 02-01-2011 10:54pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All discussion relating to Season 9 goes here

Players are reminded to keep an eye on the team pick process when it starts for their turn to pick so we can keep things moving. Also you must give thanks on the rules sticky as per usual.

We had a good season last time with little or no nonsense on the threads and we expect the same this time around. Everyone is playing long enough at this stage and bans will be handed out if needed.

Good luck to all and enjoy the season!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Team picks are started - Thread here

Give thanks also to the Rules sticky as per usual - Thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

1st place for me in the Championship.....I will be back in the premiership next season :D

How is it that I was relegated last season and yet I'm 4th last pick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can we please have an FAI Cup this year. Twould be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can we please have an FAI Cup this year. Twould be a laugh.

You mean the John Delaney cup?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Because its seeded based on the players ability, their performance in the league last season and also the ability of the others in the league they go into. The same applies to players that get promoted, they dont go straight in as the last picks in the league they go into. Its done the same every year and everyone gets a decent team anyways with the league sizes as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

1st place for me in the Championship.....I will be back in the premiership next season :D

I was relegated the season before last and got stuck with the last pick so 4th last ain't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

1st runner up you mean

Your in my league...ergo...you finish below me BOOM!

Ill add another championship to my collection...all aboard the Prem train...WOOO WOOO

Thanks for last pick...its fair on the other lads...could have gotten Lionel 'Messy'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

To be honest, I don't care how well I do this season. The only thing I hope to do is get a win/draw against Yapa. It'll be a stretch, especially with the scores as they were, but by God I will do it...

miralize wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't care how well I do this season. The only thing I hope to do is get a win/draw against Yapa. It'll be a stretch, especially with the scores as they were, but by God I will do it...

You can try Sean-og

Im also coming for you Axwell...:P

You can try Sean-og

Im also coming for you Axwell...:P

I doubt you will have too much trouble there after my very successful efforts in Season 8!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Axwell wrote: »
    I doubt you will have too much trouble there after my very successful efforts in Season 8!! :D

I'll be joining you next season, I don't think I can survive another year in the top division much longer!! Also I'm struggling with FIFA 11 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I know this isnt the place lads, but when is the sign up for the new season. Moon will be delighted to hear the missus got me the new xbox and Fifa 11 for xmas (seen as he blamed her for me having to forfeit my games a couple of seasons ago :P )

Thanks Axwell & Moon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

nicklauski wrote: »
    I know this isnt the place lads, but when is the sign up for the new season. Moon will be delighted to hear the missus got me the new xbox and Fifa 11 for xmas (seen as he blamed her for me having to forfeit my games a couple of seasons ago :P )

Thanks Axwell & Moon.

Sorry, didn't realise I was to blame her :p

Anyhoo, usually around mid season, so it will be a month or two, keep checking the forum for the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't realise I was to blame her :p

Anyhoo, usually around mid season, so it will be a month or two, keep checking the forum for the thread :)

Cheers Moon. I'll keep a look out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

How would one go about joining up?

Season 9 is currently underway and we arent accepting any new players for it. Keep an eye on the thread in about 5-6 weeks for sign up for qualifying for Season 10 and you can stick your name down at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Winner: Lamps

To be relegated:
    Raheny Red
    Stan Beardfacay
    DigitalMoose

Backing Seanog for the Championship!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Gonna take it serious this year...im in the mood to make people quit:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Lamposts wrote: »

To be relegated:
    Raheny Red
    Stan Beardfacay
    DigitalMoose

Hold on there I've been in the premiership from the start and I'm Chelsea this year I doubt very much I'll be relegated... you can of course quote this when the season is over and I'm relegated!

gaz15 wrote: »
    Hold on there I've been in the premiership from the start and I'm Chelsea this year I doubt very much I'll be relegated... you can of course quote this when the season is over and I'm relegated!

Don't listen to him, he can't even count!

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »

To be relegated:
    Raheny Red
    Stan Beardfacay
    DigitalMoose

Ill throw my name in for adding another championship to my collection...I might let sean-og score against me...maybe

Picks updated, still a few to go in 2 of the divisions. Also some people need to give thanks on the rules sticky. Will start over the weekend hopefully once the picks are finished with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

stan will be fine. his crossing into drogba and anelka, lot of goal potential there. must say, im shocking with Barca, i was planning on a title bid this season but while they are class, they have no target man and their squad is slack enough.

By the way, question for axwell and moon, will the update for transfers affect the league? i think it will affect certain teams, eg-liverpool getting crappier, city with dzeko, ronaldinho out cassano in for AC Milan etc etc

Yeah the transfers should count, they did the last time. Usually it takes them a while to get them in an update after the transfer window but they will carry into the league once the update is made available.

yea thought as much, thats a shame. someone could be going well mid-season and all of a sudden, the squad or the stats could change.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    yea thought as much, thats a shame. someone could be going well mid-season and all of a sudden, the squad or the stats could change.

hehehe happened last season to me, thats why this season i picked the team sitting top of Serie A, so they will only get better :D

Well its the luck of the draw I guess. I dont see many teams people have chosen losing big players in the transfers anyways, if anything just gaining the odd average player they here or there.

Parawind wrote: »
    hehehe happened last season to me, thats why this season i picked the team sitting top of Serie A, so they will only get better :D

yea no excuses from you this season, please god! and no complaining about ronaldinho either, cassano is just as good.

why didnt i stick with Milan, i got to over 5100 ranking points with Milan lately, with barca Im down to 4700 now! d'oh!

yea no excuses from you this season, please god! and no complaining about ronaldinho either, cassano is just as good.

Made no excuses last season, my own inconsistency was to blame. Yeah losing him will be a shame but cassano should be improved when he goes to milan. To be honest i pitty the poor sods who picked Chelsea since they will have to take the biggest drop of any team, unless they turn around their form quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Barca are class corcaigh mate. I always pick them in ranked and the fact that they can ping the ball around 1-11 is a real advantage. Chelsea, for example only have one top class passer in their team. Barca have a crapload.

Advertisement