Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

lads sorry for the hold up on my games, here's who I've to play from the last 2weeks, let me know when ye available on boards because I won't be on xbox live much

MonarchDodora (Public Executor) - Liverpool
    treble11 (Cjayses)- Chelsea
    PaddySmallBalls (Wompa1) - Inter Milan
    Flyin Irishman (Flyin Irishman) - FC Porto
    endakenny (bonkers) - Wolfsburg
    Pinga Dura 22 (Delirio) - Juventus

also when do the team updates take place?

Any time after 7 in the evening suits me fine. Just let me know. I will be away for work a few days next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Srooney03 wrote: »
    So you answered your own 'big team elastic band' question!

You played the game in the first half and then took the piss the second,lookin forward to our next game you better pray i dont take the lead!

Answered my own question? No I didnt

Yes and keeping the ball no further than 30 yards from your goal with my midfielders and strikers barely passing back to my defence is poor play...rem you had 2...yes 2 in midfield....thats a fairly unbalanced formation...you didnt change until the end of the match when you applied more pressure. Listen when we play again and if you want to keep the ball in your defence thats fine. Nothing wrong with what I did, you should have changed up your tactics and perhaps picked a more balanced formation...do you see a pattern emerging? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

lads sorry for the hold up on my games, here's who I've to play from the last 2weeks, let me know when ye available on boards because I won't be on xbox live much

MonarchDodora (Public Executor) - Liverpool
    treble11 (Cjayses)- Chelsea
    PaddySmallBalls (Wompa1) - Inter Milan
    Flyin Irishman (Flyin Irishman) - FC Porto
    endakenny (bonkers) - Wolfsburg
    Pinga Dura 22 (Delirio) - Juventus

also when do the team updates take place?

Feb 23rd is the touted date.

And if you're tight on time, don't worry mate. I can play around whatever times you have, just let me know in advance. Or you could submit the 3-0 loss right now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I don't even know why people bother with custom formations in FIFA 11. I rarely concede in ranked games and I use standard 4 at the back.

Bud tried the same craic with me regards running so far forward to a certain point then just turning and running all the way back to about 25 yards from his own goal.in our game when he went 1-0 up and I had a normal formation and had my balance at attacking for the whole game. It is a cheap way of running down time.

Could drive one insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

agree...never played Yapa before and all other games in the league were just lads havin go and going for goals...il be ready of his boring win at all costs style next time

• Advertisement

Hope it's not too prevalent. The Championship sounds like the place to be, a nice balance of fun and challenge, without anyone taking it too seriously.

Hopefully I'll be in it next season. Top three positions seem set, but a lot of players have played very few games and I reckon Cjayses will make a late charge for the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm definitely picking up form after my sh*tty start

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Hope it's not too prevalent. The Championship sounds like the place to be, a nice balance of fun and challenge, without anyone taking it too seriously.

Hopefully I'll be in it next season. Top three positions seem set, but a lot of players have played very few games and I reckon Cjayses will make a late charge for the top.

Goo Game yesterday dude. Think you deserved the win, maybe not as much as you did in the end. Once I went 2-1 behind I just collapsed.

Cjayses is a very good player, Got a 0-0 off him yesterday but in fairness he was cursed against me. I didn't even manage a shot, never mind a shot on target. I think he had about 14.

Starting to enjoy it again now as I think I'm getting used to Barca.

joe123 wrote: »
    I don't even know why people bother with custom formations in FIFA 11. I rarely concede in ranked games and I use standard 4 at the back.

Bud tried the same craic with me regards running so far forward to a certain point then just turning and running all the way back to about 25 yards from his own goal.in our game when he went 1-0 up and I had a normal formation and had my balance at attacking for the whole game. It is a cheap way of running down time.

Could drive one insane!

Cant speak for Bud, but I kept the ball 30 yards from his goal at all times, didnt go into my own half except when it was the only ball on. Win at all costs? This coming from the lad with the best team on the game and playing a 4-2-4 formation...NICE!

I can assure you Joe that it was not what you experienced...Its easy to pass the ball around...really really easy when hes only got 2 in midfield. I played my game 25 yards from his goal...when hes got 5-6 on the edge of his box and nobody outside of that where do you think Im going to play. Its your own fault you lost, change your formation and you will have a better chance. Theres some constructive feedback. It looked a lot worse than it was purely because your formation was cheese.

Srooney03 wrote: »
    agree...never played Yapa before and all other games in the league were just lads havin go and going for goals...il be ready of his boring win at all costs style next time

Boring win at all costs style = not packing the defence and attack leaving the midfield open while playing possession football IN YOUR HALF and ON THE EDGE OF YOUR BOX.

Lads just having a go = Lb + Y over the top to Ronaldo HELLO JOE!

• Advertisement

Boring win at all costs style = not packing the defence and attack leaving the midfield open while playing possession football IN YOUR HALF and ON THE EDGE OF YOUR BOX.

Lads just having a go = Lb + Y over the top to Ronaldo HELLO JOE!

Yapa ya know I'm bayern Munich? I don't even pick real in ranked so not sure what ya mean lb and y over the top to ronaldo?

And to be honest the only player I've lb and y alot against was hokem when he frustrated the life out of me I tried to force attacks and in turn made me play poorly by trying to many lobbed through balls.

I agree with ya on the custom tactics and it's a good way to make them change to a proper formation.

I'm just thinking back to the way bud tried to waste time against me when I was using a normal formation.

Yapa ya know I'm bayern Munich? I don't even pick real in ranked so not sure what ya mean lb and y over the top to ronaldo?

And to be honest the only player I've lb and y alot against was hokem when he frustrated the life out of me I tried to force attacks and in turn made me play poorly by trying to many lobbed through balls.

I agree with ya on the custom tactics and it's a good way to make them change to a proper formation.

I'm just thinking back to the way bud tried to waste time against me when I was using a normal formation.

Not you man, Srooney was Real Madrid, I got close to his goal and didnt force it...not my fault he didnt have a midfield...Im like you, dont see the point in custom formations at all. Moral higher ground here I come lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Come off the horse now lad, you're an lb y hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Feb 23rd is the touted date.

And if you're tight on time, don't worry mate. I can play around whatever times you have, just let me know in advance. Or you could submit the 3-0 loss right now? :D

I'm playing wompa at 7 so I'l be on for an hour or so man if ye on for it then? lol I will never forfeit even with a dodgy Bayern Munich defence

You're on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Is the next league anyone fancy 4 star teams and lower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

raheny red wrote: »

I was going to suggest this too . I'm in one at the moment and it's more fun I think

I was going to suggest this too . I'm in one at the moment and it's more fun I think

It will add that extra bit of fun (something which is seriously lacking IMO) I reckon and it will also put everyone on an even keel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Lamposts wrote: »
    Yup, Moon had a good connection when he hosted against me. Well done Moon. Hope you stay up. xx
    as good as mine the game we played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

ya moon i was lagging like mad. manual was my fault tho.i only passed around with you joe cause you had 10 in your own half. i dont time-waste i have more possesion every friendly with parawind and 50-50 posession with the possession king hokem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Championship Teams again!!!

looder wrote: »
    as good as mine the game we played?

Not quite as good but close. <3

Parawind wrote: »
    Championship Teams again!!!

Did yiz do it before? Ah I didn't realise, don't mind me so if it has been done already.

Did yiz do it before? Ah I didn't realise, don't mind me so if it has been done already.

A couple of lads in the Premiership picked Championship teams for the laugh before. It was never enforced. Obviously, Parawind got relegated because he's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

THIS!!!! :D hello Joe.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Myself and Hokem did it 2 seasons ago, it was probably the most fun season of the league, even if i did end up getting relegated. I'd imagine if we did a season with lower rated teams it would make things very interesting.

Its not the kind of thing you can force on people but i don't see there be any harm if Mr. Moon or Axwell would consider maybe running a poll on the idea and if the majority of league members were in favor then doing it. (Seen as how boards.ie is currently in the spirit of voting lol)

Parawind wrote: »
    Myself and Hokem did it 2 seasons ago, it was probably the most fun season of the league, even if i did end up getting relegated. I'd imagine if we did a season with lower rated teams it would make things very interesting.

Its not the kind of thing you can force on people but i don't see there be any harm if Mr. Moon or Axwell would consider maybe running a poll on the idea and if the majority of league members were in favor then doing it. (Seen as how boards.ie is currently in the spirit of voting lol)

That's not the only thing you're in the spirit of doing...!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

12 games played, 15pts on the board..........terrible season

There appears to be mutiny amongst the Bayern team, it seems to have stemmed from the falling out between two key players Robben & Muller that has materialised over the past couple of weeks, resulting in Robben grabbing Muller's throat & labeling him 'disrespectful',

This has unfortunately lead to a dramatic effect on the other players attitudes to the game thus, showing the lack of commitment & desire required for decent performances to obtain the necessary results needed to challenge for promotion.

Time is scarce for these players to show there true class, but time will tell if they can get past their differences and start climbing back up the league table

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah me and parawind picked bristol and preston a couple seasons ago. Three stars . When you are getting raped by ronaldo with your 45 pace defenders its frustrating.....:p.... but when you get a result against somebody good it feels brilliant. I got a 4-4 draw with storybud when i was bristol and it was the best game ever :D

• Advertisement

Here you get back in your box before I smack another 4 or 5 passed you! Im beginning to feel sorry for you with the amount of losses ya racked up in your debut premiership year so I might let ya have a win next week.

I dont know what Cashelmans on about at all at all I dont think I lb + y against him more than three times. Hes an awful silly goose that fella. Hes an "adebayors head" hoor :pac:

Problem with Only picking 4 and half star teams or only championship is youl get lads with first picks getting the cardiffs and Queens Park etc but lads at the end could be stuck with absolute muck.

Would make a nice change though from the usual!

Advertisement