Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 5
    RESULT: Bayern Munich (JoeDog) 1 - 1 Lyon (Kirby)

GG. Feel disappointed I didn't win this as I had so many good chances in the second half that I mucked up badly.

Either way, two draws against Joe is good form.

Ya had two very good chances! And let me remind you of your epic goal to level the game....:D

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/65831221

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I had buckets man. And yes, the goal was gammy. But you should post your own goal tbh....trickly shot along the ground straight at the keeper ...and in:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Kirby wrote: »
    RESULT: Inter Milan (Dowdus) 3 - 2 Lyon (Kirby)

Seriously. Nothing else needs to be said here. Not even the most biased person could see this any other way. :(

robbery.gif

Now I must say, the game was fairly even until the end. Even shots on and off goal, even possession. Both of your goals were off lucky deflections off my defender/keeper as was my second but when this http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/65855081 happened in the 89th min I laughed so hard at how unlucky it was and I was sure you wanted to smash your pad. Especially after Kaalstrom had just had an amazin shot hit the post two minutes earlier. I then ran up and scored a pretty fair goal but it was a little smash and grab alright :D very unlucky mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    Ya had two very good chances! And let me remind you of your epic goal to level the game....:D

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/65831221

a simple A pass would have worked out fine there for you Joe.

but yea, terrible goal!

Ps-you are an LB+Y whore, you loved the lobbed through to arseshavin and walcott and you now love the through to Ribs and Robben. Hard to stop though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Mark, poor form... :(

• Advertisement

Here you get back in your box before I smack another 4 or 5 passed you! Im beginning to feel sorry for you with the amount of losses ya racked up in your debut premiership year so I might let ya have a win next week.

Would make a nice change though from the usual!

Sorry for coming out of my box Joe. A win would be nice. cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Moz/Livelyjojo/Man Utd from the Championship has quit the leagues, all his games will go down as a 3-0 loss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

when are the league results updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Anyone in league 1 know what's the story with LOK18 (Liam O) and endakenny (bonkers)? I have both of them on my friends list and I see them online quite a lot but they're ignoring my messages. Seems to me like they have no interest in playing anymore :confused:

And since Tottenham (DoctorJimbob) has already been kicked from the league, it looks like I won't be able to play any of my 3 fixtures this week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Lamposts wrote: »
    Mark, poor form... :(

TrollFace.png

An no but seriously, worst game I've played in many a season in this league. Complete contrast to our other league game earlier in the season. Scored an own goal in violent frustration too I think, no way was the score a true relfection on the game but i didnt do very much to deserve the win.
    RESULT: Inter Milan (Dowdus) 6/7 - 1 Real Madrid (marksrfc90)

i was 1-0 up in the first game when everyone got disconnected from EA servers after about 10 mins in so wasnt sure whether those goals are added on hence the 7 above. But I won the second game 6-1, had two blatant hacks. one red card last man hack at the end and one where I was goin for a shot in the box and he came through the back of me and I won a pen. I was 5-1 up and he booted it back to his keeper and scored an own goal to make it 6-1. Nearly scored a belter with maicon after that but just as the whistle blew he quit out giving me the "opponent has quit the match" box that comes up. seemed very bad form I thought.

The first peno the computer tackled you, swear down I did nothing, hence why there wasn't even a booking, he tried to do that sliding clearance kick and took your player, i never did a thing (another reason to get me annoyed)

As for the other, yeah, it was 5-1 or so I was frustrated at all that had gone before, hands up thats my bad. Own goal aswell. I turned off the xbox after the final whistle so that explains the connection message you got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'll be away for work from Tuesday until Sunday next week. You guys around in the next few days?

Flyin Irishman (Flyin Irishman) - FC Porto
    endakenny (bonkers) - Wolfsburg
    Pinga Dura 22 (Delirio) - Juventus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

When I get frustrated with FIFA I usually grab a can from the fridge or just bash one out while I'm in an xbox party. Scoring own goals and quitting mid-game? Grow up lads...........

raheny red wrote: »
    When I get frustrated with FIFA I usually grab a can from the fridge or just bash one out while I'm in an xbox party. Scoring own goals and quitting mid-game? Grow up lads...........

Well said pal. I bet you go creeping on facebook as well. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Wasnt mid game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Well quitting at the final whistle is ridiculous and even more pointless then quitting mid game.

Well quitting at the final whistle is ridiculous and even more pointless then quitting mid game.

So true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LEAGUE NAME: League 1
    GAMEWEEK: Feb 11th
    RESULT: AC Milan (jamesmcd) 0 - 2 Aston Villa (SantryRed)

Great game man. I had to change my tactics to stand a chance so went 5-2-2-1 to combat your balls over the top which absolutely murder me with the slowness of the Aston Villa centre halves. Had to ride my luck at times though. Especially when I went to clear the ball with Dunne and you nipped in and Dunne hacked you down. Defo free in and red card! Need the luck to win a league and I'm sure the run in will be tight. Good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah I knicked the ball off your defender and I guess you had a rush of blood to the head and lunged in with a reckless tackle :pac: First reaction was that it was a definite sending off so I seriously couldn't beleive it when it wasn't given :(. Wasted a few golden opportunities as well. But you took your chances well so fair play to you

I actually didn't press the slide tackle button. I had held A to make a pass out to the left full, I've no idea why Dunne slid to make the pass, but because he was sliding to just make a pass, I think that's why a foul wasn't given.

Also, what a save by Friedel from that free kick :pac: Savage save!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I don't even know why people bother with custom formations in FIFA 11. I rarely concede in ranked games and I use standard 4 at the back.

Good game against you Kirk, very hard to break down but your formation came up as "4-3-3 custom 1" for you ;)

you said it was Chelseas' and ultra defensive too so fair enough but when i hear a person say they don't use customs I take it that they only use the default options given to them that are the same for every team.

I tried Chelsea in my next ranked match and I also went ultra defensive but I found I couldn't get the 7 defenders in and around my own box when defending like you were able to do :D

I won't give out about you holding the ball in the corner which you are entitled to do as people say!!!

anyway I probably won't be playing you next season due to my relegation form but best of luck in your remaining league games

BTW is Stan around to play any of his league in the Premiership with Chelsea or is he hiding until the transfer update to have Torres??!!! ;)

Town Man wrote: »
    Good game against you Kirk, very hard to break down but your formation came up as "4-3-3 custom 1" for you ;)

you said it was Chelseas' and ultra defensive too so fair enough but when i hear a person say they don't use customs I take it that they only use the default options given to them that are the same for every team.

I tried Chelsea in my next ranked match and I also went ultra defensive but I found I couldn't get the 7 defenders in and around my own box when defending like you were able to do :D

I won't give out about you holding the ball in the corner which you are entitled to do as people say!!!

anyway I probably won't be playing you next season due to my relegation form but best of luck in your remaining league games

Ah I love it when someone loses and they need something to give out about. We all do it though.

Anyways as I said to you in the party and storybud backed me up on this, I play chelseas default formation and I just go Ultra D.

If you are online il play you with Chelsea and I will happily show you how easy it is to defend.

Im not sure if your trying to be coy or not but when I give out about custom formations Im on about those who play more than 4 at the back and tinker with work rates and defensive runs and all that malarky.

All I simply did was (having played a **** load with chelsea ranked) saved their formation and clicked it for my own. Thats all. No great secret.

But of course people always need to get a little dig in to make themselves feel better.

And yes it was the same formation you scored 3 against me, the same one mark raped me 5-1 and the same one I beat you 1-0.

fair enough Joe you have made your point. we obviously have different opinions as to what "default" formations are. You are good at defending and it is always tough to play you

There was no need to time waste at the end of the game though as you yourself gave out about Bud when he did it to you

PS - one more thing, I am saying this tongue in cheek and robbing it from another forum where i saw it :D

"If my trousers are L-O-O-S-E they fall down

however if I L-O-S-E my trousers I have none" :pac::pac:

fair enough Joe you have made your point. we obviously have different opinions as to what "default" formations are. You are good at defending and it is always tough to play you

There was no need to time waste at the end of the game though as you yourself gave out about Bud when he did it to you

PS - one more thing, I am saying this tongue in cheek and robbing it from another forum where i saw it :D

"If my trousers are L-O-O-S-E they fall down

however if I L-O-S-E my trousers I have none"
    :pac::pac:

Everytime...:o

EDIT: On the holding the ball at your corner flag from the 86th on or so, to be honest I dont have a problem with it as its easily retrievable. If the majority on here say its unsporting then ill stop doing it. I dont have a problem when people do it to me anyways.

And buds time wasting was different he didnt hold it at my corner flag he just kept running back to his own defence. Which is a million times harder stop!

yes i can get it but the way you had the ball the only thing that happened was that I kept giving you corners

time wasting is time wasting no matter what shape it takes and you don't like people time wasting either as you have said.

Some people will say there is no problem with it but as the organisers say the league is supposed to be in good spirits and fair play. is time wasting this? It could be worse you could be hacking last men out or disconnecting :)

yes i can get it but the way you had the ball the only thing that happened was that I kept giving you corners

time wasting is time wasting no matter what shape it takes and you don't like people time wasting either as you have said.

Some people will say there is no problem with it but as the organisers say the league is supposed to be in good spirits and fair play. is time wasting this? It could be worse you could be hacking last men out or disconnecting :)

Wouldnt agree with you here. If your playing someone who starts passing it around the back 4 or running back to their defence, its nigh on impossible to get the ball back.

Trying to hold the ball in the corner runs maybe 5 minutes of the in game clock off.

The problem lies with the game. Passing the ball around in your own half is simply exploiting the ****ty fifa ai where only two players will press the ball.

At your corner flag im surrounded by your players.

Wouldnt agree with you here. If your playing someone who starts passing it around the back 4 or running back to their defence, its nigh on impossible to get the ball back.

Trying to hold the ball in the corner runs maybe 5 minutes of the in game clock off.

The problem lies with the game. Passing the ball around in your own half is simply exploiting the ****ty fifa ai where only two players will press the ball.

At your corner flag im surrounded by your players.

yes surrounded by my players but you know that the ****ty AI will only put it out for another corner the way you position your player for you to repeat this over and over

it still is time wasting and that is my point................

yes surrounded by my players but you know that the ****ty AI will only put it out for another corner the way you position your player for you to repeat this over and over

it still is time wasting and that is my point................

All you have to do is position one player to run from outside and press with one from inside!

• Advertisement

let us just put this out there to the rest of the league members...

What is the main purpose of holding the ball at the corner flag? is it to waste time or to do something else?

I don't want you to say if you have a problem with doing it or not, just what you think in your opinion players or teams wish to achieve by doing this in a match!

Advertisement