Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Town Man wrote: »
    let us just put this out there to the rest of the league members...

What is the main purpose of holding the ball at the corner flag? is it to waste time or to do something else?

I don't want you to say if you have a problem with doing it or not, just what you think in your opinion players or teams wish to achieve by doing this in a match!

But Cashel your argument is flawed.

You are comparing real life football situations to that of Fifa 11.

If a team in real life starts passing it around the back 4 they would get swamped by the other team flooding in on top of them.

In this you can get two players running around like headless chickens chasing while the rest simply watch on.

Holding at the corner flag is easily stopped.

In the 88th minute should I have taken my corner only for you to go on a potential counter attack up the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

joe123 wrote: »
    But Cashel your argument is flawed.

You are comparing real life football situations to that of Fifa 11.

If a team in real life starts passing it around the back 4 they would get swamped by the other team flooding in on top of them.

In this you can get two players running around like headless chickens chasing while the rest simply watch on.

Holding at the corner flag is easily stopped.

In the 88th minute should I have taken my corner only for you to go on a potential counter attack up the pitch?

Why don't you keep possession in my half instead of running it into the corner, it's cheap. Well Joe seeing as you were all out defence with your Chelsea custom formation it would have been very hard for me to score a goal on you if i attacked as you were defending well all game

Why hold the ball at the corner flag in fifa 11 then? as you said yourself "to run down the clock" which imo is "time wasting"

Well then someone passing around their defense is easily stopped also, go all out attack and press the pressure button

It was commented on before i think from Axwell when you did it to him he said it was unsporting and you did it before to me. I'm sure there are a few others.

Remember Joe there is no money to be won from winning this league or a trophy. There are better ways to win or prevent me from winning then doing what you did near the end. Axwell and Moon have commented many times about this league being played in a fair and friendly manner.

Anyway as I said GG and all I asked for in my previous message was for the opinions of the other league members to see what they think the main purpose is of holding the ball in the corner is

Again I don't want to know if they see a problem with doing it but instead why people do it. Maybe I am the only person who thinks it is to waste time. Maybe there is a secret glitch I don't know about which gives me extra ranking points or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Very lame.

Why don't you keep possession in my half instead of running it into the corner, it's cheap. Well Joe seeing as you were all out defence with your Chelsea custom formation it would have been very hard for me to score a goal on you if i attacked as you were defending well all game

Why hold the ball at the corner flag in fifa 11 then? as you said yourself "to run down the clock" which imo is "time wasting"

Well then someone passing around their defense is easily stopped also, go all out attack and press the pressure button

It was commented on before i think from Axwell when you did it to him he said it was unsporting and you did it before to me. I'm sure there are a few others.

Remember Joe there is no money to be won from winning this league or a trophy. There are better ways to win or prevent me from winning then doing what you did near the end. Axwell and Moon have commented many times about this league being played in a fair and friendly manner.

Anyway as I said GG and all I asked for in my previous message was for the opinions of the other league members to see what they think the main purpose is of holding the ball in the corner is

Again I don't want to know if they see a problem with doing it but instead why people do it. Maybe I am the only person who thinks it is to waste time. Maybe there is a secret glitch I don't know about which gives me extra ranking points or something :pac:

Want to bet?

Some people on here take this thing way way way to seriously.

Il give ya a friendly and il start passing it around my back 4. We will see then how easy it is to get the ball back. Then you can hold it at your corner flag and il show you how easy it is to take the ball back.

88th minute and you are having a period over it.

Its all good and well saying gg and having a rant. But bloody hell, it is a game and you know full well you are trying to get your little dig in. Its ironic. You say play the game supportingly etc yet we talk about the game on the mic and straight after that your on here ranting and raving. Nice my man!

Next time ill make sure to take my corner and whip it in straight away incase you dont have your tampon in.

Lamposts wrote: »
    It's a very sad thing to do tbh. I remember you did it in the World Cup last year to Axwell, so I did it back to you in our game. It's such a dick thing to do and for our match, I'm gonna play an 8-0-2 and just pass it around the back for the whole 90. Hope you have fun LB Y Joe.

Im convinced you have a split personality lamps! On the mic your grand!

But on here.....

Trollers_gonna_Troll.jpg?1273856830

and I dont even remember you holding the ball at my corner flag lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Have to agree with Town Man on this. Timewasting is timewasting no matter how you go about it. I wouldn't want it done against me so I don't do it, especially here in the league.

:rolleyes:

Im convinced you have a split personality lamps! On the mic your grand!

But on here.....

Trollers_gonna_Troll.jpg?1273856830

and I dont even remember you holding the ball at my corner flag lol.

I DO! It's a secret though. Don't tell anyone. I just think it's a scummy thing to do to someone. That's all.

Want to bet?

Il give ya a friendly and il start passing it around my back 4. We will see then how easy it is to get the ball back. Then you can hold it at your corner flag and il show you how easy it is to take the ball back.

88th minute and you are having a period over it.

Its all good and well saying gg and having a rant. But bloody hell, it is a game and you know full well you are trying to get your little dig in. Its ironic. You say play the game supportingly etc yet we talk about the game on the mic and straight after that your on here ranting and raving. Nice my man!

Next time ill make sure to take my corner and whip it in straight away incase you dont have your tampon in.

You said period. HA... HA. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Holding the ball at the corner flag is seriously gay, as is celebrating, as is quitting, and as is passing it around in your own half.

• Advertisement

I say fair play to Joe, it's a legit thing to do. It happens in real life so why not in the league. well in lb Joe.

:rolleyes:

Ok cashel its kind of hard to respond to a :rolleyes:

But ive heard you lose the plot on the end of mics during matches, so I do believe you need to chillax a bit.

Ive said before my gripe with bad form is Last man tackling and when people time waste by passing it around their backline.

If the majority of the league agree holding it at your opponents corner flag in the last minute or two is bad form il stop doing it to avoid hassle.

On the mic you were talking to myself and bud and said "you were using custom you had 7 back". Myself and bud told you its a default 4 at the back and you said fair enough, you then proceed to come on here despite that conversation first giving out about my formation which clearly shows you needed to get your dig in.

Then you move on to the corner flag thing.

Its all good saying GG but when you follow it up with BUT it kind of negates your whole GG thing.

And if you were so annoyed about it why couldnt you talk to me over the mic about it when we were in the party??

Oh yeah...I see what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

raheny red wrote: »
    Holding the ball at the corner flag is seriously gay, as is celebrating, as is quitting, and as is passing it around in your own half.

But if take all of those things out then all your left with is all the glitches lol

who have you heard this from let me guess Storybud by any chance?? He does exaggerate at times and have you actually heard me lose the plot??

I said about the custom in the party and i also mentioned about you holding the ball at the corner then I left the party as someone called into the house.

And as i also said in a previous post we have different ideas as to what "customs" are and fair enough if you decide to use a custom even though you are against them then certainly go for it. I have no problem with people using them.

Have I hacked the last man, have I disconnected, have I scored own goals or even time wasted as long as I have been playing in the boards league?? I think you will find the answer is no.

I don't care where I come in this league as all I want are friendly matches where there is no unsporting behaviour but unfortunately in some cases there is a win at all costs mentality

anyway i said GG as i thought that would be the end of the matter after i mentioned the time wasting, I didn't think you would defend your actions and saying that what you did was ok for you to do

who have you heard this from let me guess Storybud by any chance?? He does exaggerate at times and have you actually heard me lose the plot??

I said about the custom in the party and i also mentioned about you holding the ball at the corner then I left the party as someone called into the house.

And as i also said in a previous post we have different ideas as to what "customs" are and fair enough if you decide to use a custom even though you are against them then certainly go for it. I have no problem with people using them.

Have I hacked the last man, have I disconnected, have I scored own goals or even time wasted as long as I have been playing in the boards league?? I think you will find the answer is no.

I don't care where I come in this league as all I want are friendly matches where there is no unsporting behaviour but unfortunately in some cases there is a win at all costs mentality

anyway i said GG as i thought that would be the end of the matter after i mentioned the time wasting, I didn't think you would defend your actions and saying that what you did was ok for you to do

No ive heard you myself Cashel. And speaking of trying to hack down, I was running down the wing on an attack in that match and you slid in from behind stopping me from making a goal scoring oppertunity!

Anyways I didnt think there was a problem with holding the ball at your corner flag as its been done to me and it never bothered me.

Ive already said plenty of times that if most people in the league didnt think it was sporting I wouldnt do it again and I wont, ive no problem with that at all.

What I dont like is how you were in in a party and never really mentioned much about it. You said fair enough that I wasnt using "7 at the back" as you put it.

You could of messaged me again as I was still on, or even private messaged me. I made my own conclusion as to why you didnt do any of those things.

You also say you dont mind where you come yet you were one of those who felt the need to criticise my use of lb + y. I take it playing lobbed through balls is also unsporting?

As Parawind said, soon there will be nothing left in the game to do without someone having a problem with it.

As a general suggestion for the rules in future maybe the "play in a sporting fashion" should be made more precise.

I know people had problems with hokem doing quick celebrations, obviously people have a problem with holding at a corner flag. I also dont like your over use of crossing it into Adebayour so maybe that can be banned aswell :pac:

he'll be gone in the update so don't worry if it is Adebayor you are talking about... :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Good move for your goal actually, an LB+Y, followed by another LB+Y and then a successful cross into Robben ;)

he'll be gone in the update so don't worry if it is Adebayor you are talking about... :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Good move for your goal actually, an LB+Y, followed by another LB+Y and then a successful cross into Robben ;)

Yeah also good move for your goal...oh no wait you didnt even get one! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

meh.......much more important things in life then to stay arguing over Fifa

will see you again in 2 seasons if I get promoted back up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

**** all yall, lets all have a massive scrap

Kirk the Dog loves custom tactics - End of story!!

The only league he won, he won with custom tactics :P

• Advertisement

Kirk the Dog loves custom tactics - End of story!!

The only league he won, he won with custom tactics :P

I'm sorry but who are you again? Lmao!:pac:

I'm sorry but who are you again? Lmao!:pac:

Please treat that man with a little bit of respect. He is GOD and you robbed him of the Premiership with your ****ty custom formations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Love it when I beat Milan and then proceed to fcuk away the league by drawing 3 games ina row!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Lose 7-0 then draw late on with Bendtner scoring from a corner...hmm consistent alright....:pac::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

You just put a big dent in my title aspirations with that shocking goal ! Didn't really see what happened but when I saw the ball go into the net I slammed my controller into the floor in anger :mad: It should have been an easy take for the keeper ffs ! Good thing it's carpet so my controller survived :pac:

You should have defo won it though with the chances you had but that goal really p***ed me off and the fact it was in the 85th minute just made it a whole lot worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can't wait to see this table update! I think Liverpool are now ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Doubt it, although I've 4 games to play this week and I haven't seen anyone except beanflicker and I was going offline the same time he came on. All to play for in this league now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

SRFC90 wrote: »
    **** all yall, lets all have a massive scrap

Rovers mentality alright.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

To League 1's Bayern, Chelsea, Porto and whomever Zerca32 plays as: Can we get in our games tonight as I won't be online much over the next week? Preferably not during the Milan - Spurs match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Championship Players.....

Ok lads, so I was getting grief about my connection and so didnt play too many league games because of it, but i'm sorted now, on 30MB UPC and havent had a problem so Im back online if anyone fancies a game. Im sure I am due to play quite a few.

Will be on tonight from 7pm but PM me if you wanna arrange our game.

Cheers...

Advertisement