Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kirby wrote: »
    Barca are class corcaigh mate. I always pick them in ranked and the fact that they can ping the ball around 1-11 is a real advantage. Chelsea, for example only have one top class passer in their team. Barca have a crapload.

i fully agree with all of that but they have weaknesses. headed goals are huge in 11 and barcas front 3 are tiny! makes a big difference for kick outs too. chelsea, madrid and even the likes of city and milan are more well rounded because they have more strength and more ability in the air. i like barca but i kinda regret my pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm definitly up for season ten when it comes around i'd kill for decent fifa competition

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i fully agree with all of that but they have weaknesses. headed goals are huge in 11 and barcas front 3 are tiny! makes a big difference for kick outs too. chelsea, madrid and even the likes of city and milan are more well rounded because they have more strength and more ability in the air. i like barca but i kinda regret my pick.

I suppose you have a point. The fact that I am totally pants at heading means I usually don't notice stuff at that. :p I score headed goals when my men are free....so stats dont matter much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I actually didn't like using Barca last season either, they just didn't click with me for whatever reason. Enjoying using Lyon at the moment, Bastos and Lopez are beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Edin Dzeko I would like to welcone you to Manchester City and I look forward to working with yourself and Carlos Tevez :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mjens

I dunno why I picked Liverpool just had a couple of games with them and theyre awful! Long season ahead!

Please bring in some new players in the January window for the love of god!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

liverpool arent that bad at all. just change the formation.

Have done. Got stevie g up front with torres and J.cole in behind...thats ok but struggling with the centre backs getting roasted with the lack of pace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just wait 6 weeks til the update they will be getting much worse!

Ha yeah i know im counting down the days! Hopefully as theyre getting worse im getting better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sent ya my pick there axwell. Went with Bayern. Their defence is awful but having Robben and Ribery is always nice.

Would of gone with Arsenal but I like picking different teams each season.

Chelsea as they are at the minute in Fifa are imo the best team in the game. They are streets ahead of every other team bar Real in the game. After the update though could be a different story but I doubt much will change, it usually focus' more on transfers. Dzeko to city is a cool one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right team picks are all done. Some of you still havent gave thanks to the rules sticky and need to do so.

The password etc for the league will be sent by pm to those that have later today once we have everything setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Easy 3 points for whoever plays me in the first set of games, I'm totally out of form. I'm currently strung out on UT and my recent record would be something like W: 8 D: 3 L: 25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

raheny red wrote: »
    Easy 3 points for whoever plays me in the first set of games, I'm totally out of form. I'm currently strung out on UT and my recent record would be something like W: 8 D: 3 L: 25

I'll take it! I haven't played much since the last league finished either but sure tis like riding a bike...I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mjens wrote: »
    I dunno why I picked Liverpool just had a couple of games with them and theyre awful! Long season ahead!
    Mjens wrote: »
    Have done. Got stevie g up front with torres and J.cole in behind...thats ok but struggling with the centre backs getting roasted with the lack of pace

I finished unbeaten in League 2 with Liverpool and was close to winning it. They're not bad at all, would have picked them again but somebody else beat me to it :rolleyes:

Had to settle for AC Milan :pac:

Ill throw my name in for adding another championship to my collection...I might let sean-og score against me...maybe

Didn't I beat you 3 - 0 in a ranked match ? I don't see how anyone would find it hard to score against you :D

Mind you, I'm not that hard to score against either ! Your bro storybud keeps whoopin my ass :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Atletico Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

jamescd wrote: »
    I finished unbeaten in League 2 with Liverpool and was close to winning it. They're not bad at all, would have picked them again but somebody else beat me to it :rolleyes:

What kind of jerk... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

What kind of jerk... :p

You jerk :D

Seriously though, you were 2nd pick. I know I said Liverpool aren't bad at all but I would have gone with Real Madrid or Chelsea :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

All the PM's of the leagues went out there and the fixtures for week one are up, best of luck to all involved :)

Oh and Storybud22 and Joe123, you still haven't thanked the rules so no password for you guys (and I have to play both of yee this week, handy walkovers :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ahh crap. Just had a look at the fixtures for Week 1. Yapa and Parawind. I'm lé screwed :(

• Advertisement

I'll be on till 2ish. Invite me if you want a knock.

miralize wrote: »
    Ahh crap. Just had a look at the fixtures for Week 1. Yapa and Parawind. I'm lé screwed :(

Your really not, i am crap now. Want to play it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm about to head off now. Tomorrow? Around 9 - 12ish?

ok cool

First defeat in yonks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It'll be the first of many to be honest. The quality of the prem is a good bit better. Nobody ever goes undefeated. Makes for a fun league though.

Kirby wrote: »
    It'll be the first of many to be honest. The quality of the prem is a good bit better. Nobody ever goes undefeated. Makes for a fun league though.

I wasn't expecting anything different tbh, it's just disappointing that The Invincibles finally found their match.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Jerichoholic
    Liam O
    Doctor Jimbob

My first three fixtures. I'll be on tonight for an hour or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

AthAnRi wrote: »
    Jerichoholic
    Liam O
    Doctor Jimbob

My first three fixtures. I'll be on tonight for an hour or 2.

What time suits you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Going to be playing FUT tonight, anyone who has to play inter in the chapionship just send me an invite

Advertisement