Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SantryRed wrote: »
    wtf?

The league ends in 10 mins. And we're only given notice a few hours before? :confused:

The last fixtures went up last week so you have had all week. Everyone knows when they are due to play games its up to them to organise to play them. If people miss a game in a specific week its up to them to reschedule to play it where possible. We cant be sitting waiting for days for the odd game here or there.

Well done to everyone, Moon will update the tables and the thread with the promotions and relgations.
    Keep an eye out for an update in the next few days regarding team picks etc for next season.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

wtf?

The league ends in 10 mins. And we're only given notice a few hours before? :confused:

That is really harsh because I think our match would have decided 3rd. We missed each other by an hour last night and when I saw the alert, I came online around half 11 to see if you and Mancho were on, but unfortunately he wasn't either. It might work out better for you though because it seems like you could walk this league next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

That is really harsh because I think our match would have decided 3rd. We missed each other by an hour last night and when I saw the alert, I came online around half 11 to see if you and Mancho were on, but unfortunately he wasn't either. It might work out better for you though because it seems like you could walk this league next season.

Ahem, thanks for given the rest of us no credit at all. Not that I'm gonna challenge or anything but someone may well give him a go of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm just pissed that I've had a hectic two weeks and lost out because of it :pac:

Fcuk it. Mark my words. I'm winning League One next year :p

AthAnRi wrote: »
    Ahem, thanks for given the rest of us no credit at all. Not that I'm gonna challenge or anything but someone may well give him a go of it.

You were useless! :P

I kid, but realistically I thought he was the toughest to play against all season and with a better team (or a few more victories this time round) could well have been at the top of the pile.

Everyone who played was good and made a fist of it in their own way. I certainly didn't walk over anyone at all. Just because I intimate that one guy's good doesn't mean everyone else it pants. Don't take it personally like the Premiership!

• Advertisement

I kid, but realistically I thought he was the toughest to play against all season and with a better team (or a few more victories this time round) could well have been at the top of the pile.

Everyone who played was good and made a fist of it in their own way. I certainly didn't walk over anyone at all. Just because I intimate that one guy's good doesn't mean everyone else it pants. Don't take it personally like the Premiership!

:). I am pretty crap. Just ask Mancho he hammered the sh1te out of me. I meant to put a smily face at the end of that comment. It is fair to say that SantryRed is the odds on favourite for the title next season.

I'll probably get screwed over with last pick or something. ;)

I'm gonna pick Villa if I get in ahead of you :). Nah I've no Idea who to pick. Definately not Barca anyways I'm pure rubbish with them. I'm pretty bad with most teams but just can't get the hang of Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mancho was the toughest for me. Basterd did the double over me :P

He beat Villa too so if he's more consistent next season then it should be him and SantryRed slugging it out for the title.

Aren't you gonna pick Villa anyway ? Don't really think anyone else will choose Villa ahead of you even if you're last pick :P

I love using Villa. But if there is a 5 star team knocking about I'm not gonna say no :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Well done to jamescd, publicexecutor & cjayses, don't think I managed a point off any of yee, sorry actually put me down for a point against cjayses:cool:

Best of luck with season 10 lads, I'm sitting out for this one, thanks to moon & axwell for all the organising games & that, I'l be back for season 11 if there is one,

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How long till next season is started up?

I reckon 2 weeks about

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mancho

Was busy the last week and just realised the league had finished :eek:. Sorry anyone I missed out having a game with.

Had some great games this season and everyone played a good game.(well except one person:p who won't be mentioned). I won't be playing this season do cause too busy at the moment but I will be back for season 11!!

O and AthAnRi I did hammer you first time around but remember the second match. I went in thinking it was gonna be a walkover but I had to wait till very late to get a lucky equaliser if I remember correctly.

Highlight of the season was probably doing the double over james(sorry), espically the second game. But you had ta send me does messages saying you were gonna lose the league because of me, trying to make me feel bad about it:P.

Also just a huge thanks to Mr Moon and Axwell for taking their time to keep the league going. Good job lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How would people feel about only 4* star teams ? Or how about letting countries in because there are only so many 5* star club teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just thinking about the team selection rule, always wondered why it was limited to European teams?
    For the team selection process you are required to pick a European club team.

Since there are now so many leagues in FIFA 11 outside of Europe, might be interesting to see a wider variety of teams. It does appear to be mostly the same teams picked in each of the leagues season after season which is fine, but it might be nice to try something fresh. Maybe only South American league teams or lower league teams, just some food for thought.

Also is there anything happening with the Cup competition that there was a lot of talk of earlier this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

How would people feel about only 4* star teams ? Or how about letting countries in because there are only so many 5* star club teams

Seems fine to me.

Parawind wrote: »
    Just thinking about the team selection rule, always wondered why it was limited to European teams?

Since there are now so many leagues in FIFA 11 outside of Europe, might be interesting to see a wider variety of teams. It does appear to be mostly the same teams picked in each of the leagues season after season which is fine, but it might be nice to try something fresh. Maybe only South American league teams or lower league teams, just some food for thought.

Also is there anything happening with the Cup competition that there was a lot of talk of earlier this season?

Don't exclude any teams, allow them all but for the World and Classic XIs.

It's quite possible to get some good footy going with any of the Moscow teams, some of the Turkish, the Old Firm and Sparta Prague in Europe, River Plate and Boca are not well represented in FIFA, but some of the Brazilian teams are wicked. Especially Internacional and their incredibly, incredibly narrow formation.

I'll happily organise a cup competition. Sure let's do it now.

Mancho wrote: »
    Was busy the last week and just realised the league had finished :eek:. Sorry anyone I missed out having a game with.

Had some great games this season and everyone played a good game.(well except one person:p who won't be mentioned). I won't be playing this season do cause too busy at the moment but I will be back for season 11!!

O and AthAnRi I did hammer you first time around but remember the second match. I went in thinking it was gonna be a walkover but I had to wait till very late to get a lucky equaliser if I remember correctly.

Highlight of the season was probably doing the double over james(sorry), espically the second game. But you had ta send me does messages saying you were gonna lose the league because of me, trying to make me feel bad about it:P.

Also just a huge thanks to Mr Moon and Axwell for taking their time to keep the league going. Good job lads!!

I had to do some serious soul searching after the first match. Like a golfer who changes swing I had to completely overhaul my style of play. I came back a better player :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There will definitely be a cup competition in season 10.

Also rumors of a something different for the premiership ;)

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    There will definitely be a cup competition in season 10.

Also rumors of a something different for the premiership ;)

He is like santa!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Premiership
    Winner
    Storybud22 (Atl. Madrid)

Runner Up
    Joe123 (Bayern Munich)

Relegated
    Looder (Liverpool)
    Gaz15 (Chelsea)
    Mr Moon (Man Utd)

Championship

Winner
    Bonescap (Inter Milan)

Promoted
    Parawind (AC Milan)
    Yapamillias (Atl. Madrid)

Relegated
    The Dunne (Barcelona)
    Mailrewop (Man City)
    Moz (Man Utd)

League 1
    Winner
    Jamescd (AC Milan)

Promoted
    Cjayses (Chelsea)
    Public Executor (Liverpool)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Mr Moon wrote: »

Championship

Winner
    Bonescap (Inter Milan)

Promoted
    Parawind (AC Milan)
    Yapamillias (Atl. Madrid)

Relegated
    The Dunne (Barcelona)
    Mailrewop (Man City)
    Moz (Man Utd)

My 1st league win. now to try and avoid relegation next season. Cheers Moon and Axwell for keeping the league running so well

Gratz to bonescap and the other league winners and of course fair play to Axwell and Mr. Moon for all the effort they are putting in to run the leagues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mancho wrote: »

Haha well I won it in the end so forget about it :p

I'll be away till probably monday so hope ther won't be team picks until then. Very good season in league 1, nice bunch of lads. Hope the championship will be the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Looks like I'm gonna have to pull out of the leagues for next season unfortunately. Emigrating in a month and the leagues won't be over so no point in wasting other players time.

If I've access to an Xbox over there, I'll hopefully re-join for the following season.

It's been a pleasure folks. Thanks again to Axwell and Mr Moon for running the leagues, and to the players who partake in the leagues who make them as good as they are.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Good luck with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

looder wrote: »
    Looks like I'm gonna have to pull out of the leagues for next season unfortunately. Emigrating in a month and the leagues won't be over so no point in wasting other players time.

If I've access to an Xbox over there, I'll hopefully re-join for the following season.

It's been a pleasure folks. Thanks again to Axwell and Mr Moon for running the leagues, and to the players who partake in the leagues who make them as good as they are.

cheers Looder, the league will be poorer without you, thats for sure. best of luck with the move abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Best of luck looder.

Whens the next league starting? Ive found myself bored to death of fifa so im hoping the new league will get me back enjoying it again.

Fifa 09 and even fifa 10 were better than 11. So many flaws in the game this year.

• Advertisement

Planning to start team picks during the week..the league will start once those are finished. So it depends how long it takes to get that done but probably should be ready to start the league early next week.

Advertisement