Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Just played a great game there with SantryRed. Very good player. Lost 3-2. Prob fair result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

HATE THIS GAME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Lamposts wrote: »
    HATE THIS GAME!!

LOL welcome to the big league little boy................ :)

Town Man wrote: »

Just off form atm. Don't worry lad, I'll rape you in both our games. Finally got a win! 5 points from 5 games. I'm coming UP!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I gave him a win. felt sorry ;)

• Advertisement

Town Man wrote: »

I cant wait until city sell Adebayor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I cant wait until city sell Adebayor :p

And in comes the even better dzeko!

not as tough though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

5 wins and a draw so far. Not a bad return :P

Cjayses gonna be my rival for the title ! Had a good draw with him there, plenty of chances on each end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

jamescd wrote: »

Cjayses gonna be my rival for the title ! Had a good draw with him there, plenty of chances on each end

ye left me depressed after that 4-1 defeat, shocking performance, then lost to Arsenal 4-1.

May chance my tactics,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

jamescd wrote: »

Wait til I get my groove back. Don't count me out just yet ;)

Won 3-2 in my second game against AthAnRi. Was a very good game. Was a lot less rusty than the game against jamescd! Fancy I can get promoted even with Villa. Absolutely love being them in this game. No idea why. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wait til I get my groove back. Don't count me out just yet ;)

Won 3-2 in my second game against AthAnRi. Was a very good game. Was a lot less rusty than the game against jamescd! Fancy I can get promoted even with Villa. Absolutely love being them in this game. No idea why. Onwards and upwards!

Alright, my bad. Cjayses and SantryRed are my rivals for the title :P

Villa are pretty good attacking wise. I use them quite a lot in ranked head to heads. A lot of pace in the team, especially the wingers.

They counter act the crosses which people score from very well. Dunne is an absolute beast!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Has everyone joined the Championship and League 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Has everyone joined the Championship and League 1?

Not sure about the Championship but DoctorJimbob has still to join League 1. I've sent him a pm about our game and no response, I've also added him as a friend on Xbox and its still pending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Anyone from league 1 around tonight ?
    Atlethico Madrid I am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone have to play Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: Jan 7th
    RESULT: Chelsea (Dufflecoatsunri) 2 - 2 AC Milan (Parawind)

This was the most painfully laggy match i have ever played, i tell you so and you ever so kindly offer a rematch. But then as soon as you finish your ranked match you go offline and post up the result anyway without so much as a message...

Frankly i just don't get the point of offering me a rematch if you have no intention of honoring it

Parawind wrote: »
    This was the most painfully laggy match i have ever played, i tell you so and you ever so kindly offer a rematch. But then as soon as you finish your ranked match you go offline and post up the result anyway without so much as a message...

Frankly i just don't get the point of offering me a rematch if you have no intention of honoring it

Surprised he didn't get "disconnected" when you went 2-0 up. :rolleyes:

I'll be around Friday to play my games. No one was on tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Maybe his internet went down? Perhaps he had to leave urgently for something? Give the guy a chance to explain first at least.

Moiph wrote: »
    Maybe his internet went down? Perhaps he had to leave urgently for something? Give the guy a chance to explain first at least.

Come on now use your head, if something came up why not just send me a quick 2 second message on boards and say so. His internet must have been fine since he was able to post up the result on boards without any issue.

Look if he changed his mind about offering a replay thats fine, but don't leave me waiting around for 20 mins for your ranked match to finish and then just go offline without so much as a word. I mean i hardly think i am being unfair here.

Frankly the best case senario is he was simply being rude, but in reality it sure seems like he never really intended to give me a replay or he wouldn't have posted up the result.

He also could have messaged me when he came online later on to explain what happened but didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

This was the most painfully laggy match i have ever played

+1 Terribly laggy for me when I played him too.

Lucky I even got a draw from our game

Will you all leave Dufflecoat alone. The guy is awesome! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Jeez, you guys always seem to have it in for me dont you......

Firstly, a quick message for me on xbox is impossible while using just the controller....I just cant master it.....

I have not experienced lag with any match I have played this season. This was the first report of it to me. I played 2 games before our league game with no complaints and then played one after to ask was it laggy. The other guy said it was fine.....

I offered a replay and you said it might be better with you as host. I waited for you to issue a challenge to me, you did not. I did have to go, as unfairly, there are other things I sometimes have to use my time up for.

I did come back on later and would have given you a replay if you had of sent me an invite but you didnt so I left it.

I never once said no to the replay....but I saw no lag on my end....

Why are you guys always so keen to blame other peoples connections eh? I work in IT, I know a good bloody connection when I have one, and I know a poor one fairly quick too.

My connection was fine last night, we may have gotten a bad connection from the live servers but thats hardly my fault and I didnt see any affect on the game.

I posted the result because Moon is always telling me to post them straight away so as not to run into problems later on when nobody can remember the result.

I thought it was a good game of football between us but maybe the lag happened when you couldnt get hold of the ball and I scored two goals back......maybe...just maybe.....that is your version of lag....when you are being outplayed mate.....

Goodnight.......

miralize wrote: »
    Anyone have to play Arsenal?

I sure do......but lets wear the headsets so you can tell me the connection is laggy before any goals are scored because I wouldnt like anyone to be at a disadvantage now would I.....

Miralize, I dont believe we have ever played before but best of luck when we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I was seanog18, think I might have played you. Coming on soon

I have not experienced lag with any match I have played this season. This was the first report of it to me. I played 2 games before our league game with no complaints and then played one after to ask was it laggy. The other guy said it was fine.....

I offered a replay and you said it might be better with you as host. I waited for you to issue a challenge to me, you did not.

I did come back on later and would have given you a replay if you had of sent me an invite but you didnt so I left it.

I never once said no to the replay....but I saw no lag on my end....

Why are you guys always so keen to blame other peoples connections eh? I work in IT, I know a good bloody connection when I have one, and I know a poor one fairly quick too.

My connection was fine last night, we may have gotten a bad connection from the live servers but thats hardly my fault and I didnt see any affect on the game.

I posted the result because Moon is always telling me to post them straight away so as not to run into problems later on when nobody can remember the result.

I thought it was a good game of football between us but maybe the lag happened when you couldnt get hold of the ball and I scored two goals back......maybe...just maybe.....that is your version of lag....when you are being outplayed mate.....

Goodnight.......

Ok lets start with the fact that you didn't wait for me to invite you, i watched and waited for your ranked match to finish extra time and didn't want to distract you by sending the invite til you finished but as soon as it did you were gone and the result was posted less then a minute later.

With the result posted i didn't bother persuing it, oh and just so we are clear i at no point asked for a replay you "offered", i am just annoyed you couldn't be bothered to let me know you had to go as i would have totally understood, but without a message telling me i was left to draw my own conclusions.

I played The Dunne later on that night and when i asked him to play our game he asked can you wait about 20mins, i did and he then sent me another message to tell me he was being held up and would be on later and that was fine because he was polite enough to let me know what was going on so +1 to The Dunne. As a person who works in IT i thought you would have been able to send a PM over boards or figure out how to send "gtg" over xbox live but i guess not.

As for what you thought happened in the match well your entitled to your opinion. It was unplayable from the first minute and i was in a party with lamps who recommended i should quit but as i wasn't sure what the rule was for laggy games i said i better play on. Couldn't get hold of the ball thats a good one, only reason you got the second goal was the lag, you scored from the tip because it was too laggy to move my players. Also you beat me 5-0 last season and i gave you credit for it, cause it was a perfect connection and you deserved the result.

The fact that now both Mr. Robinson and I have told you that we have had laggy games against you would indicate a problem with your connection. I also checked my connection speed and stability at half time during our game just to ensure it wasn't a problem on my end and it wasn't.

Ok lets start with the fact that you didn't wait for me to invite you, i watched and waited for your ranked match to finish extra time and didn't want to distract you by sending the invite til you finished but as soon as it did you were gone and the result was posted less then a minute later.

With the result posted i didn't bother persuing it, oh and just so we are clear i at no point asked for a replay you "offered", i am just annoyed you couldn't be bothered to let me know you had to go as i would have totally understood, but without a message telling me i was left to draw my own conclusions.

I played The Dunne later on that night and when i asked him to play our game he asked can you wait about 20mins, i did and he then sent me another message to tell me he was being held up and would be on later and that was fine because he was polite enough to let me know what was going on so +1 to The Dunne. As a person who works in IT i thought you would have been able to send a PM over boards or figure out how to send "gtg" over xbox live but i guess not.

As for what you thought happened in the match well your entitled to your opinion. It was unplayable from the first minute and i was in a party with lamps who recommended i should quit but as i wasn't sure what the rule was for laggy games i said i better play on. Couldn't get hold of the ball thats a good one, only reason you got the second goal was the lag, you scored from the tip because it was too laggy to move my players. Also you beat me 5-0 last season and i gave you credit for it, cause it was a perfect connection and you deserved the result.

The fact that now both Mr. Robinson and I have told you that we have had laggy games against you would indicate a problem with your connection. I also checked my connection speed and stability at half time during our game just to ensure it wasn't a problem on my end and it wasn't.

My connection is fine. No point the other player saying now that he thought our game was laggy when he didnt tell me at the time. I was using a different broadband connection when I played him which I never found laggy so I am afraid as I didnt witness any lag, I had no way of knowing.

I would have thought lag would be easy enough to see on my end and in both games your players and Mr. Robinsons were moving fine.

If there were rulings for laggy games then people would just use it as an excuse for results. I also checked my connection last night when you complained and I found nothing wrong.

Its done now....I understand you wanting to make your point on here, but I hate the way other lads think its their chance to stick the knife in about stuff......

One season, I was deemed a dirty player and then another accused of quitting when I lost power to my damn xbox, I play by the rules the mods make and I dont see any reason for people having a go.

If the game was laggy at your end then thats unfortunate but I will not apologise as my internet connection was fine and the game was not laggy for me. Just one of those things...

Now on with the league.....Its a great league, well organised.......and tend not to visit this forum as it gets so childish at times, its not worth the read...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Jeez, you guys always seem to have it in for me dont you......

Firstly, a quick message for me on xbox is impossible while using just the controller....I just cant master it.....

I

^^^^ That is up there with Buds 'I have an itch'...classic :D

Advertisement