Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SantryRed wrote: »
    You would not believe how good Emile Heskey is a an impact sub in this game. That goal at the beginning of the 2nd half was crazy. Absolute belter.

It sure was a screamer .I'm just happy to have got my first points on the board today :)
    Anybody I'm due to play I'll be back on tomorrow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If there is an issue with a match you pm myself or Moon and we will look into it, simple as. In the last few days there have been issues and people giving their two cents on everything, the advice of others is not to be taken on board as a ruling on any issue.

Pm us and we will look into it if there is an issue with a match or player, if people dont pm us then it wont be looked into and any results stand as they are at the time.

You were all warned at the start to cut out the crap on here or bans will be handed out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There's a few people in trouble of being kicked from the league due to the amount of games they haven't played, you know who you are, come Monday I'll be kicking those who are holding up the leagues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Goodbye Hokem! What a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

The dunne asked me for a lg game 2 days ago so I sent him a party invite, he came in and then he left??

Asked Bonescap for a game just now but he had to go out, fair enough

Added 4 other people seen as we all seemed to be having a good old fashioned Mexican standoff and wouldnt send a friend request to each other

Axwell
    Dufflecoat
    Mjens
    the dunne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

The dunne asked me for a lg game 2 days ago so I sent him a party invite, he came in and then he left??

Asked Bonescap for a game just now but he had to go out, fair enough

Added 4 other people seen as we all seemed to be having a good old fashioned Mexican standoff and wouldnt send a friend request to each other

Axwell
    Dufflecoat
    Mjens
    the dunne

I should be on later tonight, not sure what time. u think u'll b on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Mr Moon wrote: »
    There's a few people in trouble of being kicked from the league due to the amount of games they haven't played, you know who you are, come Monday I'll be kicking those who are holding up the leagues!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

First win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

bonescap wrote: »
    I should be on later tonight, not sure what time. u think u'll b on?

Ill be on guy but im insanely busy and might have to be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lamposts wrote: »
    Goodbye Hokem! What a noob.

Any excuse you could find to avoid playing me, eh? :p

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Any excuse you could find to avoid playing me, eh? :p

Pretty much, mwah!

Well me and cashel played out a 0-0 draw so hopefully our game will be fireworks n stuff. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So are we getting an FA Cup between the three leagues this season? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

DB10, if you are reading this are you around for our Fifa League game? I added you to Xbox live on Friday and you haven't added me plus you are set so that I can't message you on here.

You available to play some time today or maybe tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SantryRed wrote: »
    So are we getting an FA Cup between the three leagues this season? :)

How would this work ? Be 3 of nearly all teams in it

Exactly. :D Would be funny if the the two semi finals had 3 real madrids in them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

It was 2-1 or 2-0 at half time and I sent you a message so don't act like it was 6-1 when I started messaging you about it. I thought it was gonna get better, that's why I waited until HT. I know what most people are like in the league, most of them are scum and wouldn't offer a replay. Whatever anyway. If it wasn't laggy, I'd have easily beaten you. Ah well, best of luck in the league.

:rolleyes:

"most of them are scum"

What type of statement is that?

I was playing Mark last season and his connection dropped when he was 1-0 and through 1 on 1 with my keeper so I offered him a replay with him starting at 2-0. If you didn't do that ****e at the end I'd offer one no problems at all.

It was 2-0 or 2-1 or something alright so I'm not trying to say it was 6-1 or 6-2 or whatever it was before you started acting the fool.

Do you really believe the ****e you talk? :D You'd have easily beaten me? If that helps you sleep at night man. With a superiority complex like that, you must be from Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

looder wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

"most of them are scum"

What type of statement is that?

+1 Why play in a league with scum? OTT statement. There's been many a replay offered on these threads throughout the seasons.
    looder wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: (Jan 21st)
    RESULT: Liverpool (looder) 5 - 2 Arsenal (Raheny Red)

GG. Firstly, sorry about the replay on the 2nd or 3rd goal. My phone started ringing so I'd to take it out if my pocked and put it on silent. Close game, I probably deserved the win but I don't think there was 3 goals between us. I took my chances a little better than you did.

Cool, cheers for the reply. I just thought you were rubbing it in but I believe you when you say the phone rang. Apologies for the message afterwards but as you can see I was :mad: after the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    It'd be nice if people actually joined the leagues so we can start playing the games.... Lyon and real Madrid still not joined the premier and it's not like yous aren't always online
    Axwell wrote: »
    Considering the two people are on all the time im sure you wont have to worry about getting your games played against them. The passwords were only sent out last night, people have work and stuff so might not have got a chance to sign up yet. Its day one of the league relax!
    SRFC90 wrote: »
    Chillout there dowdus franticus!

you know I got stick for this and Im sure people are still waiting for these games including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

It was 2-1 or 2-0 at half time and I sent you a message so don't act like it was 6-1 when I started messaging you about it. I thought it was gonna get better, that's why I waited until HT. I know what most people are like in the league, most of them are scum and wouldn't offer a replay. Whatever anyway. If it wasn't laggy, I'd have easily beaten you. Ah well, best of luck in the league.

Ah lamps most of the people in the league are sound. Stan beardfacay is the only one who would refuse a replay as he is a big bollix. Ah no I dont mean that. He just won't offer replays for dropped connections!

Seems lamps, you have under estimated the amount of lube you needed for life in the prem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

raheny red wrote: »

Cool, cheers for the reply. I just thought you were rubbing it in but I believe you when you say the phone rang. Apologies for the message afterwards but as you can see I was :mad: after the game :)

Sorry again, I'd never do that. I didn't know whether to answer it and try play at the same time, turn it off or throw it off the wall, but in the whole hu-ha of it all, I forgot about the replay :o.
    Best of luck in the rest of the league though anyway man.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

MarkSRFC when are you around to play our league match? I am available tonight up to 8pm.

You sent me a game request Friday but I was in the process of playing another league game and when I finished you were playing call of duty.

I sent you a message over xbox live yesterday but you never responded, I will not send another one incase you tell me to chill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Town Man wrote: »
    MarkSRFC when are you around to play our league match? I am available tonight up to 8pm.

You sent me a game request Friday but I was in the process of playing another league game and when I finished you were playing call of duty.

I sent you a message over xbox live yesterday but you never responded, I will not send another one incase you tell me to chill :D

Haha! I'll try get my spanking in tonight, it's not always me on my xbox so thats why ya sometimes might not get a response!

How would this work ? Be 3 of nearly all teams in it
    Exactly. :D Would be funny if the the two semi finals had 3 real madrids in them :p

So?

Even if it is it would still be good fun. You'd have shocks with some League 1 teams knocking out Premiership teams. I played on another site a few years ago and the straight knockout competition we had generated the most craic. It really would benefit the league.

Laggy or not, scoring all those own goals is bad form lamps. You are better than that. You should've just said something.

And santry i think you misread me. I'm all for the cup. Think it would be deadly.

What age are you Lamposts? Ten? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Laggy or not, scoring all those own goals is bad form lamps. You are better than that. You should've just said something.

Not only is it bad form, it's cheating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I couldn't believe that result between Looder and Lamposts when I saw it posted. That's just ridiculous behaviour on the part of Lamposts. These leagues were set up to eliminate this kind of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

looder i wouldn't be annoyed by that, just how funny would it be if you win the league on goal difference now lol

• Advertisement

And santry i think you misread me. I'm all for the cup. Think it would be deadly.

I informed him at HT of the lag when it was like 2-1. He didn't reply....

Advertisement