Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Parawind wrote: »
    looder i wouldn't be annoyed by that, just how funny would it be if you win the league on goal difference now lol
    Or if he lost the league, or even funnier still, if he was relegated on goal difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Lamposts wrote: »
    I informed him at HT of the lag when it was like 2-1. He didn't reply....
    :rolleyes:

I was too busy trying to play the game... I don't send messages via the Xbox controller usually. I use the laptop and since I had the wifi turned off on that to make sure it didn't affect the connection, it would have taken too long to send.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

looder wrote: »
    Or if he lost the league, or even funnier still, if he was relegated on goal difference :)

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note: Lamposts banned for 2 weeks for referring to other members of the league as scum

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Axwell wrote: »
    Mod Note: Lamposts banned for 2 weeks for referring to other members of the league as scum

THIS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

joe123 wrote: »
    Ah lamps most of the people in the league are sound. Stan beardfacay is the only one who would refuse a replay as he is a big bollix. Ah no I dont mean that. He just won't offer replays for dropped connections!

Seems lamps, you have under estimated the amount of lube you needed for life in the prem!

Nice one you're still holding a grudge over that. I'd nearly pull the plug on my connection when I play you this season.... maybe that'll help with the healing process and you'll get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Btw i'm around now for the next while if anyone i have to play wants a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

gaz15 wrote: »
    Nice one you're still holding a grudge over that. I'd nearly pull the plug on my connection when I play you this season.... maybe that'll help with the healing process and you'll get over it!

Lol I was only joking! I'm glad you have seen the error of your ways though!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Axwell wrote: »

Banned for comments like that seems completely reasonable.

However, intentional own goals in the game causing a scoreline like that and potentially affecting others in the league table, should probably be punished too.

Dont wanna sound like I am bitching but avoiding games like this is what the league was all about for us, and I have had people on my back for a lot less....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SantryRed wrote: »
    So?

Even if it is it would still be good fun. You'd have shocks with some League 1 teams knocking out Premiership teams. I played on another site a few years ago and the straight knockout competition we had generated the most craic. It really would benefit the league.

Sounds good to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

just quick goal from the game between me and kirk yesterday!

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/63038173

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

SRFC90 wrote: »

thats the sloppiest pass ive ever seen from Joe!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    thats the sloppiest pass ive ever seen from Joe!

Would you believe me if I meant to pass that back to the keeper? Because thats where I had the thing pointing!

Thanks for pro longing the agony of loosing 5-1 mark! :mad:

Think il go cry for a little bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Have people who haven't played games been kicked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

SRFC90 wrote: »

you gonna be on for our game today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

That SRFC90 goal is like an exact copy of Drogba's from 10 seconds ago.

Exams are over and am free to play most any time now. Any of you chaps from League 1 want to play Liverpool tonight?

Man Utd
    Real Madrid
    Tottenham
    Juventus
    Wolfsburg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

However, intentional own goals in the game causing a scoreline like that and potentially affecting others in the league table, should probably be punished too.

Well that scoreline wouldnt be taken into account for starters, myself and Moon will chat about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/63211500

The game is retarded, this is just from mine and Stan's game.

raheny red wrote: »

wow thats something really "special", bench him for the rest of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

You have my sympathies, but AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's got to be one of the funniest things I've seen on this game!

• Advertisement

Kirby, why the celebrations for the 1st and 2nd goals:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I always celebrate. It's what they are for. Running around in a circle is complete **** and shows a lack of respect....but the acrobatic ones are cool. Flips n stuff. I also skip the replays though so its quick. And you celebrated too. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    I always celebrate. It's what they are for. Running around in a circle is complete **** and shows a lack of respect....but the acrobatic ones are cool. Flips n stuff. I also skip the replays though so its quick. And you celebrated too. :)

It's a bit gay celebrating in league games and I only celebrate when the opposing player has done it against me previously. Skip replays? You watched your winning goal 3 times ffs in 94th minute.........I bet you got really giddy after you beat me?

I'm going 5-3-2 UD from here on in, have a pain in the hoop with others doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I played 4-2-3-1. Real Madrids version. Who in the prem went five at the back? And if i recall you played 8-0-2 last season so its a bit rich to complain about formations now........

I'd be "giddy" if i pulled Scarlett Johansson. Winning a simple league game is hardly worthy of it.

Oh, and to remind you of the first thing you ever said to me.....
    Who the **** are you?.

Asked and answered. Now you know.

Ah ****e il have no van Bommel when the update comes. Hes joined Ac Milan :(

joe123 wrote: »
    Ah ****e il have no van Bommel when the update comes. Hes joined Ac Milan :(

Yup and hes much appreciated, he'll slot right in at cdm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Celebrations and Replays should be banned. If people want to see there goals then thats what the Match Highlights are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I didn't know about that rule. And I've not noticed anyone not celebrating either, it doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I didn't know about that rule. And I've not noticed anyone not celebrating either, it doesn't bother me.

ye on for that game tonight man? I'l be on around 10...

whats the craic with Spurs in league one, haven't played a game yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, no worries, I'll see you then.

Advertisement