Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

hokem always celebrates even he is losing 4-0 or winning 4-0.raheny red you celebrted v lamps when you beat em.mark will be on 2nite you skiboiiiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Delirio/Pinga Dura 22 when will you be on to play our match ? I remember sending you a message once on xbox live while you were online a couple of days ago but you never replied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Can't wait to play jamescd and SantryRed. Three in the pack at the front of League 1.

Does anyone here know Doctor Jimbob? I see he hasn't joined the league yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You think you're turning a corner in FIFA, then you're killed 6-0.

• Advertisement

Can't wait to play jamescd and SantryRed. Three in the pack at the front of League 1.

You're scheduled to play both of us next week :) I'll probably be on Friday evening if you wanna get it played early.

Word of warning though, I'll be extra fired up against you for picking my beloved Liverpool :pac:

It'll be like Grand Slam Sunday! Except it's on Friday... and it lasts a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Doctor Jimbob/TeenageMicrobe, has been ejected from the leagues, he's failed to join the league let alone play a game or contact anyone with a reason to his absence, all his fixtures will go down as a 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Zerca32 (DB10) - Arsenal
    endakenny (bonkers) - Wolfsburg
    treble11 (Cjayses)- Chelsea
    any of yous around tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Doctor Jimbob/TeenageMicrobe, has been ejected from the leagues, he's failed to join the league let alone play a game or contact anyone with a reason to his absence, all his fixtures will go down as a 3-0
    Zerca32 (DB10) - Arsenal
    endakenny (bonkers) - Wolfsburg
    treble11 (Cjayses)- Chelsea
    any of yous around tonight ?

Hi Mr Moon,

Hi,

What about Zerca32 (DB10) - Arsenal ?

I think he's played 3 matches. He has his Boards Messages set so he can't receive any, he hasn't accepted my friend request on Xbox Live, presumably because he hasn't been on at all in over a week.

That's possibly relevant to you keysersoze and also I think endakenny is living in Canada but he seems to be around some nights, you just need to arrange a night time fixture with him.

• Advertisement

I have Zerca32 on my friends list, he's been on a couple of times this week. Try sending him another message or friend request

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

jamescd wrote: »
    I have Zerca32 on my friends list, he's been on a couple of times this week. Try sending him another message or friend request

Thanks for the heads up. Had no way of knowing otherwise. I'll send him a message and friend request again

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Hi Mr Moon,

Hi,

What about Zerca32 (DB10) - Arsenal ?

I think he's played 3 matches. He has his Boards Messages set so he can't receive any, he hasn't accepted my friend request on Xbox Live, presumably because he hasn't been on at all in over a week.

That's possibly relevant to you keysersoze and also I think endakenny is living in Canada but he seems to be around some nights, you just need to arrange a night time fixture with him.
    Wompa1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Had no way of knowing otherwise. I'll send him a message and friend request again

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can I make a suggestion for next season?

The law of averages means there is probably going to be a few people who end up getting kicked for one reason or another. That lad Doctor Jimbob lad never even played a game. It seems a waste that all games will be walkovers now.

Would it not make more sense to have 2 or 3 players on a waiting list so they can come in with situations like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

still waiting on srfc90.

He's always on and only responded a couple of times. He sends me a message there and 2 mins later he is offline. if youre around come back on. ill be on until 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

starting to sound like my ex-girlfriend now lookin for attention! :eek:

I sent ya a msg before we played last night saying are ya ready, you reply yes, then you're set to away for about 10mins!

Oh, and i go offline for my league games most of the time to avoid other msgs and invites or whatever!

Sure we got it played in the end didnt we, 3-0 wasn't it? ;):D

Set it to busy instead. You get no pop ups....but ppl still know you are online.

gg btw. That peno was quality. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

storybud22 wrote: »
    hokem always celebrates even he is losing 4-0 or winning 4-0.raheny red you celebrted v lamps when you beat em.mark will be on 2nite you skiboiiiiii

Because he had previous by celebrating in a game against me before. UL.

:rolleyes:

You a bit precious? If somebody celebrating riles you this much, perhaps you are in the wrong game. Its part of football. It's not like I adebayored my way across half the pitch. I did a somersault. Big deal.

Kirby wrote: »

You a bit precious? If somebody celebrating riles you this much, perhaps you are in the wrong game. Its part of football. It's not like I adebayored my way across half the pitch. I did a somersault. Big deal.

I'd like to think there's a little thing called etiquette in our games, we don't have any rules about celebrating goals, it's just basically rude IMO, you scored a goal, just get on with the game and save the celebrations for ranked matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

bonescap wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: Jan 21st
    RESULT: Arsenal (miralize) 1 - 1 Inter (bonescap)

think you missed that result

Kirby wrote: »

There's just no need for it. A little fist pump in front of your TV in your bedroom whilst playing in your boxers will suffice. If somebody celebrating riles you this much, perhaps you are in the wrong game. Not the wrong game but maybe the wrong league......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The game is frustrating enough as it is as let's face it the majority of goals in FIFA more often than not have an air of pox about them. To see someone celebrate then is just rubbing it in. As moon said there's no need for it in all fairness.

How do you not celebrate ? I just won 6 - 0 there a couple of minutes ago and I did a quick celebration for my goals then press A to avoid watching the replay. Is there anything you press to avoid celebrating or what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:pac:

Jesus James, you gave Liverpool some tonking!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

How do you not celebrate ? I just won 6 - 0 there a couple of minutes ago and I did a quick celebration for my goals then press A to avoid watching the replay. Is there anything you press to avoid celebrating or what ?

I think there is but I'm not sure what it is. I end up just pressing every button and that ends it. However I have it narrowed down to the top two shoulder buttons or the RB+RT or else LB+LT not sure which so I just hit them all :D

Alright thanks I'll try them so :)

Hit LB + RB at the same time to skip the childish antics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wont be able to play until Vodafone sort out their 'broadband' speeds here. No point in playing over something that makes dial up look fast.

Advertisement