Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 9 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

7 points from 9 tonight. Realistically I need to win all my games to have a chance at winning the league.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Hi Mr Moon,

Hi,

What about Zerca32 (DB10) - Arsenal ?

I think he's played 3 matches. He has his Boards Messages set so he can't receive any, he hasn't accepted my friend request on Xbox Live, presumably because he hasn't been on at all in over a week.

That's possibly relevant to you keysersoze and also I think endakenny is living in Canada but he seems to be around some nights, you just need to arrange a night time fixture with him.

Hi I hope I haven't been kicked out.

I'm available now to play if anyones around. I've accepted your addy, (Paddy Small Balls?) I wasn't sure who it was.

I've been offline for a week. Also I had a temp site ban from here, so possibley explains the PM thing? Although I cant see any PM's from you in the inbox???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

DB10 wrote: »
    Hi I hope I haven't been kicked out.

I'm available now to play if anyones around. I've accepted your addy, (Paddy Small Balls?) I wasn't sure who it was.

I've been offline for a week. Also I had a temp site ban from here, so possibley explains the PM thing? Although I cant see any PM's from you in the inbox???

My pms wouldn't send to you, thus the making it public on here. It's no bother to me, I'll still play you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jesus I wish people would have the decency to reply to a message on xbox live saying whether they can play or not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Ah in fairness, some people are actually away and gaming hours are restricted sometimes out of family, courtesy or whatever. Just because someone's there doesn't mean they're there.

Anyway, it's a small price to pay for the crap you have to put up with normally on XBL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

SantryRed wrote: »
    7 points from 9 tonight. Realistically I need to win all my games to have a chance at winning the league.

You have a bigger chance now since I just suffered my 1st defeat :o

Started off lag free but then got laggy especially in the 2nd half. I couldn't get my passing going at all for most of the game. It's probably on my end though so can't really complain, was laggy as well when I was playing Black Ops in the morning.

Really gutted but Mancho did play better than me so 2 - 1 is a fair result I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Anyone from the championship that has to play inter going to be around tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Cjayses, Flyin Irishman, Are you guys around this week? Can play anytime before 2 and after 11 and between 8-9pm.

Let me know what time suits you? i'm not around from Thursday night so need to get these games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Since when did the live transfer update thing become relevant to the league!? I thought up until this season all squads stayed the same as the default ones released with the game?

Whoevers Chelsea is sorted now....

Adebayor should be fun though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Since when did the live transfer update thing become relevant to the league!? I thought up until this season all squads stayed the same as the default ones released with the game?

Happened in last years one, so we assume it will happen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

If I concede any more ****ing crappy headers I may smash my pad mid game or somethin. was just playing sam beardfacay (this is not a shot at him, he played very well too) and it was just out to the wing cross the ball and goal from a bent little header. No attempt at defence even though Im tracking the player. out of 7 goals I conceded:rolleyes: over the two games 5 maybe 6 were headers. So frustrating. ah well rant over. good games though. you played well stan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

SRFC90 wrote: »

How do you think I feel. Babel and Torres were my two main men.

What am I suppose to do with Andy ****in Carroll.... I've nobody fast enough to get down the wing to cross the ball in now.

If I stay in the premiership, it'll be a miracle.

His armband proved he was a red Suarez Suarez.
    You'll never walk alone it said Suarez Suarez.
    He bought it from a lad in Spain
    Tall and blonde forgotten his name
    Luis Suarez Liverpool's number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    If I concede any more ****ing crappy headers I may smash my pad mid game or somethin. was just playing sam beardfacay (this is not a shot at him, he played very well too) and it was just out to the wing cross the ball and goal from a bent little header. No attempt at defence even though Im tracking the player. out of 7 goals I conceded:rolleyes: over the two games 5 maybe 6 were headers. So frustrating. ah well rant over. good games though. you played well stan

5 of the 7 were headers and 2 of them were from corners. What can you do it's hard to break right through the middle of teams the space was out on the wing so it has to be exploited, if there had been gaps through the middle I would have been trying to slide Drog and Anelka in....... I was just lucky enough to get some good balls in for easy enough headers!

GGs

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

anyone from league one waiitng to play wolfsburg/enda kenny get in touch here.. im available around 11pm each night this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I can play some games today and tomorrow, so just let me know what time suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Stuck Carroll and Suarez on the liverpool team last night for the craic while shipping out that other yoke.

For those with Liverpool, Andy Carroll needs a serious update. He is terrible in the game at the minute. He doesnt even have the aerial threat speciality!

I can play some games today and tomorrow, so just let me know what time suits.

I've yet to play you, wat time will you be on later ?

Already sent you a friend request as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm on now if you're about.

You left 6 mins ago :(

Will you be back on later? If not, what time will you be on tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

joe123 wrote: »
    Stuck Carroll and Suarez on the liverpool team last night for the craic while shipping out that other yoke.

For those with Liverpool, Andy Carroll needs a serious update. He is terrible in the game at the minute. He doesnt even have the aerial threat speciality!
    Don't worry, he won't be getting any game time for me. . . Like my refusal to play Paul Konchesky, and Poulsen, I'm refusing to pick Niall Quinn with long hair in my team!

Eggnog will lead the line when the update comes with Dani Pacheco on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Whoa, steady on. I plan on having a dynamic frontline of Carroll, Suarez and, er, Kuyt.

looder wrote: »
    Don't worry, he won't be getting any game time for me. . . Like my refusal to play Paul Konchesky, and Poulsen, I'm refusing to pick Niall Quinn with long hair in my team!

Eggnog will lead the line when the update comes with Dani Pacheco on the bench.

Well if he gets a proper update he'd be a bit of a beast in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

joe123 wrote: »
    Well if he gets a proper update he'd be a bit of a beast in the game.

He'll be a joke like that pox Adebayor!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

raheny red wrote: »
    He'll be a joke like that pox Adebayor!

I think it was Tevez who got my goals against you :D

Town Man wrote: »
    I think it was Tevez who got my goals against you :D

I don't mind Tevez I just can't accept over rated bankers in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

treble11 (Cjayses)- Chelsea
    Flyin Irishman (Flyin Irishman) - FC Porto
    endakenny (bonkers) - Wolfsburg

lads when yee available to play? I've been busy all week with college & have had feck all time for the xbox,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I will be on tomorrow and over the weekend for anyone who has to play me. Mostly in the evening time 5pm onwards.

Where would one have to finish in order to have first selection on teams for next season?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thats not how it works, you are expected to make the effort to win every game. If you are going to be trying to place yourself in a position in the league just to get a better team next season then you will find yourself looking for a new league to play in next season.

• Advertisement

raheny red wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 5
    RESULT: ath Madrid (storybud22) 4 - 1 Arsenal (raheny red)

Gonna sound deluded but I honestly deserved a draw. GG - hope you win the league.

Hey!!:mad:

:pac:

Advertisement