Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hotel deals for stag in city centre

Options
  • 02-01-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

as the title suggests, though a few old people will be with us so nothing hectic. 20-25 people. We were looking at the Imperial but its too pricey now. For the weekend 19th February

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

If you venture 3 or 4km away from the city centre and are willing to pay for taxis or buses, then you will get a good deal.

All of the hotels that I suggest here are just about 3 star IMO and all are on city bus routes. Google them for more info.

Anno Santo - off the beaten track near Salthill. 5 mins walk from sea front.

Clybaun Hotel - Knocknacarra has a pool too. Only a few years old. Good grub too.

Spinnaker Hotel - Knocknacarra. I'd say you will get a good deal here but don't expect a nightly pillow turn down service.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thanks for that but we're really looking for something central. Heading to the dogs that night so anywhere close to that would work either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Off the top of my head you could try:

The Forster court hotel(if it's still there, I'm not sure), that would be very close to the dog track.

The Harbour hotel(might do you a group deal here) is just around the corner in the Docks.

There's the Victoria hotel just off Eyre square too

The Skeff is another hotel on the square itself

The Western hotel, this is just off eyre square and they have holiday apartments too I believe.

Or you could head out of town, but keep to the Renmore side, and try Flannerys, the Carlton hotel, or the Huntsman. Flannerys have had some very cheap rates recently. Renmore really isn't far from town, under a tenner in a taxi, and there are plenty of taxis:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

wont be ringing the huntsman again in a hurry :eek:

Cheapest i can get is €54 a night - the Imperial

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hearmenow

did you try jury's inn i looked it up pretty cheap !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Your first port of call should be www.lidl-breaks.ie

I've never heard of a galway hotel advertising that they have the 'best hotel deals for a stag'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just as an alternative check out hostels too. 'Galway' and 'cheap hotels' normally don't go well in the same sentence

Just to add, if I were you i'd be looking at self catering. Stags get loud and messy - last thing you want is to be getting chucked out of a hotel, or worse, ruining someone elses break.

Last stag I was on we rented 3 apartments - best choice ever

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Try The Western, does one of the best meals for dinners around so I can't imagine they'll do a shabby deal on a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

http://www.travelodgegalway.com/ approx €50 a room a night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Had my stag in Jurys

Great value as you can have 3 in a room.

About 270 for the two nights which means 90 a man in total or 45 a man a night

Excellent location and a residents bar

Advertisement