Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba* / Cellar Memories

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

goodnews.png
    Good news everyone!

Cuba* isn't dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Seaneh wrote: »
    goodnews.png
    Good news everyone!

Cuba* isn't dead.

?

Can't say more yet as I don't have any details.
    I'm sure some of the ex-staff who post here might know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Can't say more yet as I don't have any details.
    I'm sure some of the ex-staff who post here might know more.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself, there are alot of rumours flying around, and there is not much truth to any of them tbh.

plonk wrote: »
    I think you're getting ahead of yourself, there are alot of rumours flying around, and there is not much truth to any of them tbh.

in fairness, the source of my news is about as good as it possibly could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Cuba are running one last gig,Mr.Scruff Feb 12th in the NUI College Bar.

And thats no secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I heard the people who have the Academy in Dublin are doing something with either it or the GPO.

Not sure which and not sure how true that is.

Theres a world of difference between the gpo and cuba and i personally would doubt its the gpo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Oh please let it open again :)

Even though I was refused a couple of times there (Perfectly reasonably thought tbh), they better not drop their bouncing standards to the gpo-style. God then the crowd would be awful !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Anyone know where this is happening?

Screenshot-18.png
    OCTOPUSSY IS COMING TO GALWAY!!!

OCTOPUSSY IS THE BIGGEST STUDENT CLUB NIGHT IN THE UK AND IRELAND, AND SHE IS LANDING IN GALWAY!!!

WITH REGULAR FEATURES SUCH AS;
    BOUNCY CASTLE ✩ HOT TUB ✭ GIANT BALL PIT ✩ 18FT POOL ✭ WHITE CHAPEL WITH ELVIS ✩ GIANT TWISTER ✭ LIMBO ✩ NINTENDO WII ✭ OCTOPUSSY RESIDENTS. AND LOTS MORE!!!

WANT TO KNOW MORE? FANCY SOME V.I.P?

1. INVITE ALL YOUR MATES TO JOIN OUR GROUP.

2. POST ON THE WALL HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE INVITED TO JOIN.

3. OCTOPUSSY WILL REWARD YOU AND YOUR BEST MATE WITH SOME V.I.P ACTION ON THE LAUNCH!!!

4. THE MORE MEMBERS = MORE INFO

1000x MEMBERS - WHATS THE MUSIC POLICY?
    1500x MEMBERS - THE DRINKS ARE HOW CHEAP?
    2000x MEMBERS - WHERE WILL IT BE?
    2500x MEMBERS - THE LAUNCH DATE?

OCTO LOVES YOU! x

Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116912835030346

My money's on Coyote's :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

At the rate those invites are going out, we'll know very soon ;)

My money is on the Gpo.i heard well before xmas that the gpo was reopening in feb under new management and a new name,this makes sense.

Jesus their promos sound Like its an adult adventure park with cheap booze.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eugh! A hot tub in a nightclub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anyone know where this is happening?

My money's on Coyote's :/

Just got a message from the Octopussy event there on facebook
    IN THE MAIN ROOM, OCTO RESIDENTS FROM AROUND THE UK AND IRELAND WILL BE PLAYING AN ECLECTIC MASH UP OF ALL YOUR FAVORITE CHART, HOUSE, RN’B AND STUDENT BANGERS WITH ROOM 2 OCTO RESIDENTS CAUSING A RIOT, TEARING UP INDIE AND ELECTRO!

Remind you of any recently closed clubs in Galway?? ;)
    Are there any other clubs in Galway with 2 rooms/floors that usually have 2 different types of music??

Defo something going on methinks!

ciano1 wrote: »

Are there any other clubs in Galway with 2 rooms/floors that usually have 2 different types of music??

Cuba?

God, I hope not actually. It doesn't sound like the kind of event that would ever be held there really.

it could well be the gpo,the drum + the club?

either way it sounds pretty awful.

can they throw in some mooning geordies aswell?

its a one off night, not a club. It could be lots of place really. They had one of them in the acadmey recently. Its just a club tour thing. Where ever it is held will somewhere that is currently open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

ciano1 wrote: »

Haven't been in Coyotes since it opened and was only in there once or twice when it was Boo Radleys but I think it had two different dancing areas. I was wankered in there so don't hold me to that comment

Haven't been in Coyotes since it opened and was only in there once or twice when it was Boo Radleys but I think it had two different dancing areas. I was wankered in there so don't hold me to that comment

I think you're right about that, but like you I was pretty ossified in there. There may have been a smaller dancefloor upstairs, near where the DJ is and then one downstairs. That could be wrong or different now, haven't been in there since it was Boo's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Thats still way more details than I can remember about it. I'm guessing that you would have to be in a worse state entering coyotes. Although I'm sure they have their market, I'm just not part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

in fairness, the source of my news is about as good as it possibly could be.
    When anyone have a link to a news source you can post about it, until then it's just a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

biko wrote: »
    When anyone have a link to a news source you can post about it, until then it's just a rumour.

You think there is going to be a news source about someone taking over a nightclub?

What i posted i know as fact as i used to work in cuba and the cellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sure, why wouldn't there be news if someone took over a night club that has closed.
    No offence but I don't know you and without a link to a source it could be true, or not.

I posted a lot after Cuba/cellar closed down and people knew it was right.

You believe it would be in an actual paper who was the new gm of a nightclub?

Its common knowledge on stuff like facebook. So people can't chat about stuff on here without having proof of it first anymore is that what your saying?Who exactly would it offend?

sure we can just wait until the two lads confirm it bill. or maybe hannon will be on to confirm it at some stage. But you're right, its pretty much common knowledge what's happening and who is involved at this stage. I'm delighted for tee lads involved.

Yeha i hear ya and i suppose it could hit complications or whatever.I just don't understand why people can't talk or gossip about it. No names of people have been mentioned its a bit ridiculous to me.

Hannon is gone to New Zealand now sure so he couldn't care less.I wonder who you are really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Word on the street is that the old gm of cuba will be taking over gpo & drum.
    Keeping most of the same staff and making it a bit 'classier' than the old cuba and a hell of a lot classier than the old gpo. Drum will have the live acts 903 used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jonathan_Byrne

I wonder who you are really
    @bill murray, @seaneh
    You guys actually know each other quite well!

Advertisement