Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are R4i cards safe to use in DSi

Options
  • 02-01-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, my kids have used r4 cards before and have now traded up to DSi just wondering if R4i cards are safe to use, I've been told that they can cause problems with the consoles :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Annie22 wrote: »
    Hi, my kids have used r4 cards before and have now traded up to DSi just wondering if R4i cards are safe to use, I've been told that they can cause problems with the consoles :p

There have been quite a few cases of DSi's being damaged beyond repair by children unable to choose what game to play and bouncin them off the wall.

Other than that, they're fine, just make sure the kids turn the DSi OFF before removing the R4i as the program files that make it work may be corrupted and need to be copied back on to the micro SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 taxidriver22

What about the DSI XL some one told me the R4i affects the firmware and causes a 0000FE00 error code. COnsole just wont work then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 or 3 different cards have been used in my XL with no problems (touch wood) so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Hi, anyone have anything to add to this, want to get an R4 for a nintendo DS XL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

R4s are a bit passe now.

Get an acekard2i from here, official and work great.

http://www.dscartshop.com/acekard_c1310

I had a few delivered even though I have no DS, just planning for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

can anyone tell me where i can buy the r4 (for 2 dsi,s) with the games already on them ? i doubt id have the ability to load games on myself not a bit technical
    thx in advance L:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

laura29 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where i can buy the r4 (for 2 dsi,s) with the games already on them ?

No, we can't.

Advertisement