Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord advertising my business space to rent without telling me

Options
  • 03-01-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, hope i've posted in the right place:o

Basically i rent a room in a salon, tonight i noticed an ad from friday advertising it to rent. evening viewing (when i'm not there and with my equipment there) and it says clients waiting (as in my clients)

it looks like i would have been turfed out when someone else came along, i'm there 10 months, got a very good name for myself workwise so there is clients coming to the place. I can contact my clients and go mobile

there has been no problems as i just come and go, would'nt be particularly friendly with the ad poster but no issues

Technically what are my rights? as the salon rents the property and their contract with the actual landlord states no sub letting, which is what i was doing

thanks in advance for any advise :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Tantrum.b wrote: »
    Hi, hope i've posted in the right place:o

Basically i rent a room in a salon, tonight i noticed an ad from friday advertising it to rent. evening viewing (when i'm not there and with my equipment there) and it says clients waiting (as in my clients)

it looks like i would have been turfed out when someone else came along, i'm there 10 months, got a very good name for myself workwise so there is clients coming to the place. I can contact my clients and go mobile

there has been no problems as i just come and go, would'nt be particularly friendly with the ad poster but no issues

Technically what are my rights? as the salon rents the property and their contract with the actual landlord states no sub letting, which is what i was doing

thanks in advance for any advise :)

if the contract states no sub-letting you are in breach of it ,saying that though ,it looks like they are about to sub-let it themselves

:rolleyes:

weird

you could always call the number and ask if you can view the place ,tell them youd be the perfect tenant since your stuff is already there n all....

maybe they just want more money but afraid to ask

with no lease as protection you dont have much rights at all ,the landlord or the salon has decided to get rid of you for some reason ,you need to ask them and find out what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tantrum.b

haha yeah i'll arrange a viewing
    might get someone to call and ask if equipment is included bet he'll say yes.

they sublet to me, so they'll be breaking their contract again.
    the reason i recon is more a personal one, its not money as the rent they're asking for is the same. Think it's a man on a power trip

i'm fuming as it's very sly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Tantrum.b wrote: »
    haha yeah i'll arrange a viewing
    might get someone to call and ask if equipment is included bet he'll say yes.

they sublet to me, so they'll be breaking their contract again.
    the reason i recon is more a personal one, its not money as the rent they're asking for is the same. Think it's a man on a power trip

i'm fuming as it's very sly

at least its a renters market thesedays ,you can find a better place where you have your own lease and avoid these kind of problems in future

there is loads of empty retail units around town so you may find yourself in a better situation at the end of it

(if u wanna twist the knife ,wait til you leave and they move in a new tenant ,then ring the landlord and inform him how much rental money they have made by breaching their lease with all this sub-letting -he may come down and "adjust" their rent :D )

true

Oh the thoughts of going mobile, most of my clients i have years they followed me everywhere but im thinking of heading out further and cant expect them to follow. But they were good enough to me for years so i'll keep looking after them.

Ah feck them, karma will get them :)

haha i just copped the rent thing, good thinking...i like your evil mind:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be careful.

What is the usual procedure in the salon (is this beauty / hair dressing?) business? What type of agreement do you have with the salon?

Realise that properties are often bought and sold by landlords with tenants remaining in place.

Advertisement