Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing files on XP between 2 computers

Options
  • 03-01-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hey guys..this is probably simple but it's doing my head in. I have two laptops both running XP Pro. I want to share files between them.

So let's say laptop 1 has all the files and there's nothing on laptop 2. How can I view the files stored on laptop 1 on laptop 2 without having to copy all the files on laptop 1 to the shared folder? That just doubles the amount of stuff on the hard drive. Can someone walk me through the process? Oh I'll be doing this through a wireless set-up. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It really depends on what operating system is on both machines.
    Windows XP, Vista, 7 or something else.

I did a google search there "share files windows XP" and got this back:
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsxpnetworking/ht/sharewinxpfiles.htm

A similiar search for whatever operating system you are using would give you something more relevant to that operating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

THANK YOU :D "Simple File Sharing" was disabled. All done. Thanks again.

Advertisement