Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 days in Waterford

• 03-01-2011 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey folks. Heading to Waterford this week (Thu-Sun) with the better half. Was just wondering about nightclubs and pubs suitable for students with a limited budget :P (we're both 20). Couldn't bring myself to scroll through that megathread :P :D

Any general stuff of interest to do during the day?

Will be staying in Dooley's on the quays.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

You really should look at the megathread........
    Since you mentioned you are both students with limited funds, go to the offy just up from dooleys, get a nice buzz on in the hotel and then head down to Masons/harveys for the rest of the night. Unless you like live music, then head to the front lounge or the kazbar. All the places I've mentioned are within spitting distance of each other down at the apple market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Bumblebee Man

dermo909 wrote: »
    You really should look at the megathread........
    I had a quick look but it was very cluttered and couldn't find much up-to-date info online!
    dermo909 wrote: »
    Since you mentioned you are both students with limited funds, go to the offy just up from dooleys, get a nice buzz on in the hotel and then head down to Masons/harveys for the rest of the night. Unless you like live music, then head to the front lounge or the kazbar. All the places I've mentioned are within spitting distance of each other down at the apple market.

Cheers for that! Will check them out!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The 3 main spots for students are Revolution, Masons and Harveys, If you are on a budget stay away from Harveys, Its to expensive, Revoultion and Masons are beside each other, they would be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

The 3 main spots for students are Revolution, Masons and Harveys, If you are on a budget stay away from Harveys, Its to expensive, Revoultion and Masons are beside each other, they would be your best bet.
    i agree totally with musicman2000 harveys is such a rip off, its 5.90 for a large bottle of cider down there and if ya are into your vodka and redbull then take out a mortgage lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I never said anything about actually buying a drink in harveys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

For something a little bit different on Sat 8th Jan (and closer to you at Dooleys), swing a left at the front door and have a pint in any of the music bars on the Quay (Sals, Murphys, Katie O'Briens), all with cheap beer. Then head up to us at The Forum (300 yards away) for our weekly Traffik Indie Club featuring a great live band, Chimpanbee. Just €5 admission b4 midnight

Advertisement