Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Ambassador Broadband 2Mb - Upgrade?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently on a 2Mb Package, which is free since my dad works for eircom so we can avail of the Ambassador offer.

We've had this connection speed for the past couple of years, and while it's not slow while just browsing, it can get a bit tiresome waiting for some downloads, particularly high-definition YouTube videos which I always have to wait some time for.

That's the main problem I have really, I don't download large files much, just the odd game demo, and some student versions of programs I can get free through college(AutoCAD, etc.), so sometime's I'd have to leave the computer on at night if I didn't download it early.

Since "basic" eircom broadband is now 8mb, it would be nice to get an upgrade of some sort. No point telling everyone how great it is when you're on such a low speed! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Hi,

I'm currently on a 2Mb Package, which is free since my dad works for eircom so we can avail of the Ambassador offer.

We've had this connection speed for the past couple of years, and while it's not slow while just browsing, it can get a bit tiresome waiting for some downloads, particularly high-definition YouTube videos which I always have to wait some time for.

That's the main problem I have really, I don't download large files much, just the odd game demo, and some student versions of programs I can get free through college(AutoCAD, etc.), so sometime's I'd have to leave the computer on at night if I didn't download it early.

Since "basic" eircom broadband is now 8mb, it would be nice to get an upgrade of some sort. No point telling everyone how great it is when you're on such a low speed! :D

Can you PM me your eircom account details please, I'll check into this for you,can make any guarantees but I'll look into it
    Thank You
    Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

now i realise why my 5mb connection costs €65.18 inc vat per month.

eircom any chance of a bit of a discount?? my contract expired yesterday!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ingen wrote: »
    now i realise why my 5mb connection costs €65.18 inc vat per month.

eircom any chance of a bit of a discount?? my contract expired yesterday!

:mad:

Hi Ingin,

We can't give customers individual rates I am afraid, we have set package prices that we need to hold to, But if you DM me with your telphone or account number I can see if there is a better package available for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Hi Ingin,

We can't give customers individual rates I am afraid, we have set package prices that we need to hold to, But if you DM me with your telphone or account number I can see if there is a better package available for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

I am on the correct package, as i am on the unlimited :rolleyes: ( 250gb package).

eircom only have 10gb 30gb and the 250gb usage allowances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ingen wrote: »
    Hi Mark

I am on the correct package, as i am on the unlimited :rolleyes: ( 250gb package).

eircom only have 10gb 30gb and the 250gb usage allowances.

Hi ingin,

Ok, well if you PM me I can just verify what package you're on at the momeny and if there is any possible savings available to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Kevin

Thanks for taking my call, glad to be of help, if you need anything else, post to me here on Boards

Eleanor

Advertisement