Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for playing some music in Brisbane?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I'm based in Brissie for the next year or so, and was wondering if anyone fancied a jam.

I play the drums. But I won't lie to you, I'm pretty ****. I've been taking lessons, but one-on-one lessons generally involve playing ba ba black sheep and learning the difference between a crotchet and a quaver.

I want to play some actual music. So, was looking for people who might fancy hiring out a rehearsal space every so often and just play some tunes. Obviously, I'm pretty useless, so I'm not talking about people who are into forming a proper band. Just some people who might be interested in have a bit of banter while playing a few songs.

I guess we'd need people who can sing, play guitar/bass/keys/triangle or even one of them Rolf Harris boards.

Drop me a PM if you fancy it. I'm on the northside btw, near the valley/city.

Thank you please.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm not in Brisbane. However, I would be interested in starting something similar in Melbourne. I play guitar, piano and can sing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Depends on what sort of music yer into, I like to play the Flute and the Overtone Whistle, so if your into either Trad or Prog Rock I'm yer man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Depends on what sort of music yer into, I like to play the Flute and the Overtone Whistle, so if your into either Trad or Prog Rock I'm yer man

near sidney i have heard heavy rock band, moonlight drive, found them of myspace

Advertisement