Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole Payment 31st December...But When Again??? (If You Get Paid MONDAYS)

• 03-01-2011 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

My partner got his first payment since the double week on Friday 31st December.
    His usual payment day is a Monday.
    Because of the Public Holiday, and the post office being closed,
    we are wondering if his next payment should be due on
    WEDNESDAY 5th
    (as that would be 5 days after the 31st, and dole payment is paid for
    6 days)...Plus...lady at his P.O. said the 31st AND the 5th to him,
    but that was around Monday 13th December I think.

So...does anyone on here get paid on a Monday usually,
    did they get paid the 31st and do they know when are they getting
    payment again???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Well if he was due his payment today(3/01/11) but he collected it last friday because of the bank holiday he wont be due a payment again until next monday 10/01/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 scentedcandle

Thanks Gustafo,

but if that WAS his payment for THIS week (payment received on 31st)
    then the 31st to the 10th is 10 days (and payment is typically made for 6 days),
    wouldn't that currently leave him without 4 days payment
    /or rather WAITING an extra 4 days more for his next payment?
    I saw his receipt and he was just paid a regular week, no 'advance' if the next payment
    is in fact to be on the 10th.
    And I doubt he'd get the 4 days 'due' on the 10th.

Anyone know? Anyone else get paid Mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

good question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭eddiehen

I see the problem here. The double week paid people from 8/12-21/12. There was ANOTHER payment the following week which covered people from the 22/12-28/12 (that monday and tuesday being the two bank holidays in lieu of Christmas and St Stephens Days) and the next payment then would have been due the 4/1 but was paid out 31/12 because of the BH.

Long story short, i think you missed a payment after the double week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RayMers

Yeh the same has happened me, Im only on the JS a while. I normally get paid on Tuesdays but last week I went down on friday (31st) as I was sick all week, I still got my payment as it stays for 3 days. My next payment was for 4/1/11, I went down today and was told it wont be due till monday...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

RayMers wrote: »
    Yeh the same has happened me, Im only on the JS a while. I normally get paid on Tuesdays but last week I went down on friday (31st) as I was sick all week, I still got my payment as it stays for 3 days. My next payment was for 4/1/11, I went down today and was told it wont be due till monday...?

Maybe check your receipts from the Post Office.

Did you collect a double payment around the 14th Dec?

Did you collect another payment around 22 Dec?

On the receipt for payment collected on 31st December what 7 day period did it say the payment covered?

The pay period is from 29/12/10 to 04/01/11.... I havent missed a day, as Ive been down every week, duno wats up! On firday your one told me it isnt due till Monday so Il head down tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You collected four payments in three weeks. A week without payment had to be factored in as the extra payment was an advance payment, not a bonus.

Oh ok, cheers Balagan.

Sorry just a bit confused... think the recent public holiday has me confused...

So I collected my JSA on Monday (10/01/11)....and the pay period says from 5/01/11 to 11/01/11 so when is my next payment...

If someone knows let me know, greatly apprecited. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

RayMers wrote: »
    Sorry just a bit confused... think the recent public holiday has me confused...

So I collected my JSA on Monday (10/01/11)....and the pay period says from 5/01/11 to 11/01/11 so when is my next payment...

If someone knows let me know, greatly apprecited. Thanks

Your next payment is Monday - you get paid every Monday.

Advertisement