Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Piercing

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any name those piercing you see on random parts of the body. Back of next or stomach ect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Beautyfreak11

If you mean the back of the neck that one is called a nape piercing think it has another name aswell. Not sure about stomach. You looking to get any in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Thinking about the back of the neck. But I wouldn't mind one on my abdomen too.
    Do they grow out?
    I had my eyebrow pierced before a few times but they grow out.

Back of the neck is a nice piercing! :) I have a couple of friends who have it done and they havent had any problems but in saying that ive heard theres a 50 50 chance of them rejecting. Your body treats them as it would a splinter and tries to push them out. An alternative would be micro dermal implants, google them and have a look! I have 5 myself, 2 on each hip and 1 on my thumb. Absolutely love them!! :D

Back of the neck is a nice piercing! :) I have a couple of friends who have it done and they havent had any problems but in saying that ive heard theres a 50 50 chance of them rejecting. Your body treats them as it would a splinter and tries to push them out. An alternative would be micro dermal implants, google them and have a look! I have 5 myself, 2 on each hip and 1 on my thumb. Absolutely love them!! :D
    Oh my god I want one!:D. Are they expensive? How do they do them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

• Advertisement

Yeh they're quite expensive, €60 for one but if you're gettin more than one im sure the piercer will do a deal for you like mine did. The way mine was done was with a needle to make a pocket for the anchor. You can get it done with a dermal punch aswell i think. It was just like 3 pinches for each one and it was done! Youtube some videos of them and you'll see :) Great thing about them is when they're done theres very little pain in comparison to a surface piercing! I absolutely love mine, so glad i got them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Yeh they're quite expensive, €60 for one but if you're gettin more than one im sure the piercer will do a deal for you like mine did. The way mine was done was with a needle to make a pocket for the anchor. You can get it done with a dermal punch aswell i think. It was just like 3 pinches for each one and it was done! Youtube some videos of them and you'll see :) Great thing about them is when they're done theres very little pain in comparison to a surface piercing! I absolutely love mine, so glad i got them! :D

I don't believe these anchors have a better retention rate that standard surface piercings, plus if you are one of the few who DO heal them completely its scalpel time if you want to get them out.

I don't believe these anchors have a better retention rate that standard surface piercings, plus if you are one of the few who DO heal them completely its scalpel time if you want to get them out.
    That can be a good thing too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

That can be a good thing too though.

great in an MRI I imagine

*edit

sorry, I am not in great form AND I simply don't trust these little yokes. virtually all the ones I have seen on mates have come out, and quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If done properly the success rate for dermal anchors is around the same as most other surface piercings. The key is "If done right". In the grand scheme of piercing, dermals are only very new and so the techniques are, to a great extent, only being learned. There are a lot of places who are watching a couple of videos and taking it upon themselves to start doing dermals. As with any piercing, check your piercer. Have they done many, can they explain the pro's and con's, what about aftercare, Can they remove them? These are all questions your piercer should be only too happy to answer. And as Bodice said, think of the future, wheter it be a surgical procedure or the scar left by the removal. Can you live with it?

• Advertisement

I've had to have mine removed and they were not taken out with a scalpel! And when they were taken out not a single mark when they closed up. I've since had them redone and i've had no problems. At the end of the day it depends on each individual and what they want! :D

I've had to have mine removed and they were not taken out with a scalpel! And when they were taken out not a single mark when they closed up. I've since had them redone and i've had no problems. At the end of the day it depends on each individual and what they want! :D
    Then I must say you very very lucky. Because piercing makes a hole in the body and the bodies own natural way of healing involves scar tissue, the result of virtually all piercing removals, even letting a piercing close itself, is a scar. These may be small or almost microscopic but you will generall find some form of scarring. As for removing dermals, the ususal methods are scalpel or needle. The tissue is cut from the foot of the anchor and then the anchor is popped out of its pocket. Generally a skilled practitioner with a needle does leave less scarring than someone with a scalpel. You obviously found a skilled practitioner.

Yeh i understand that some people do scar and one of the things that put me off getting them when i first started thinking about having them done was if i ever had to get them removed the whole scalpel thing everyone was talking about but my piercer assured me there would be no scalpel involved if i ever wanted them out. I had to get them out about 2 months ago due to surgery i was having and he took the tops off and just popped them out. Whether he used a needle to help im not sure because i didn't look because i didn't wanna get them out ha but there was definately no scalpel! Yeh im lucky i had no visible scarring and i've since had all 5 put back in. Was expecting them to be a lot more painful this time round due to scar tissue but surprisingly they weren't as bad as the 1st time. I know there's alot of people who look down on piering and tattooing but hey i love my piercings and my microdermals :D

micro.jpg
    A lot of people are still unsure as to what a microdermal is or how they work. A small pocket is formed under the skin using either a needle or biopsy punch and the "foot" or base plate is inserted into the pocket. The jewel is then inserted into the screw thread in the top of the anchor. The flesh, over time, grows through the holes in the foot, holding or anchoring it into the body, hence the name "Dermal Anchor". When having the dermal removed these anchors of flesh must be severed using either a fine scalpel or needle point.

Do you do them yourself? Do you have a shop in dublin?

Yes I do. But out of respect to the Moderators thats as much as I'll say about me. Any questions regarding procedure I'll be only too happy to help you with, if however you want to find a particular studio, then I'm afraid I can't help you with that.
    Ask other members for recomendations, check the net, ring around a few studios and ask to speak to the piercer. As with tattoos don't let price or location guide you, do your homework and find the best person for your particular needs.

Awh sorry I was just curious. I have a piercer that I go to and that I'm happy with. Same with a tattoo artist so I'm good :D Recently had to have all my piercings taken out so in the process of getting them all back in.

Advertisement