Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale Road, landfill site

Options
  • 03-01-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi

does anyone know where exactly the landfill site is on Kinsale Road? We are moving and need to get rid of some stuff, and apparently you can do that for a fee at the "civic amenity centre", located on the same site.
    have been many times on the Kinsale road but no idea where to turn etc. to got to the landfill site..

thanks a mill!
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You'll find it just off the Link Road (the road between the Elysian tower in town and the roundabout). Take a left turn at the traffic lights about 200m before you get to the Kinsale Rd Roundabout, when driving on the link road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Kinsale+Road,+cork,+Ireland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.47475,60.556641&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Kinsale+Road,+County+Cork,+Ireland&ll=51.878745,-8.465203&spn=0.008504,0.014784&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.878745,-8.465203&panoid=aLvuMqTHxSMzQdOxy4aHXw&cbp=12,91.53,,0,4.48

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks I think now I know how to get there. looks like it's just opposite Woodle's DIY, so that should help too.

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I've a question to ask kind of related to this. Sorry scaryfairy for butting into your thread! Glad you found the answer to your question.

I recently moved also and the previous owner left a few bags of rubbish in the garage. We still haven't set up a bin collection yet (hectic over the Christmas month) so now there's a bit of a build up in the garage - yucky I know.

Anyway, would it be possible for me to take these bags to the landfill site? Would I have to sort them into recylables etc or can I just bring them and pay the fee?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You can indeed - I had the same problem in April when I moved. If you are doing it fill your car - I think its 20/25 Euro per car load. Cardboard, paint batteries etc = 2 Euro and electric stuff is free.

murphym7 wrote: »
    You can indeed - I had the same problem in April when I moved. If you are doing it fill your car - I think its 20/25 Euro per car load. Cardboard, paint batteries etc = 2 Euro and electric stuff is free.

Cheers for that. Will I have to divide the waste into recylables or take the waste out of the black bags when I get there? Just asking as when I went up before with branches etc from the gardening I had to make sure there was nothing else in it and it all had to come out of the black bags..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi NoDice,

they have some information on what you have to pay for the different type of rubbish on their civic amenity.. site

if I were you, I would put all the recyclable stuff into the transparent bags distributed by the council. (If you don't have any, maybe your neighbours can help out? we were given way too many when signed up with the council, so would assume that others have some left, too...)

good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

NoDice wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Will I have to divide the waste into recylables or take the waste out of the black bags when I get there? Just asking as when I went up before with branches etc from the gardening I had to make sure there was nothing else in it and it all had to come out of the black bags..

There is the "Green" way to do it and the lazy b**tard way to do it. I, being said lazy b**tard just piled everything in together and dumped the lot. The right way is to seperate etc etc..... I didn't have the time or interest to sort out the rubbish to be honest.

murphym7 wrote: »
    There is the "Green" way to do it and the lazy b**tard way to do it. I, being said lazy b**tard just piled everything in together and dumped the lot. The right way is to seperate etc etc..... I didn't have the time or interest to sort out the rubbish to be honest.

Cool I think I'd be doing the same as you! That's great, thanks for the info!

Advertisement